As my AR and LR go up my RC goes down . . . what gives? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
angiej

Silver

As my AR and LR go up my RC goes down . . . what gives?

Post by angiej » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:29 pm

Help! Tips appreciated!

typ3

Silver

Re: As my AR and LR go up my RC goes down . . . what gives?

Post by typ3 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:35 pm

Have you put as much time into RC? Are you finishing the sections too quickly? Have you devised a methodical way to diagram passages? Are you reading actively or skimming over passages?

By going down, do you mean by one point? This would be well within your range for the section.. or is it going down 3 or more points?

angiej

Silver

Post by angiej » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:58 pm

typ3 wrote:Have you put as much time into RC? Are you finishing the sections too quickly? Have you devised a methodical way to diagram passages? Are you reading actively or skimming over passages?

By going down, do you mean by one point? This would be well within your range for the section.. or is it going down 3 or more points?
On my diagnostic I missed 4, so really haven't spent a lot of time on RC at all and have primarily focused on my weakest sections (AR and LR). I just took another PT and missed 15!

OneKnight

Bronze

Post by OneKnight » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:05 pm

angiej wrote:
typ3 wrote:Have you put as much time into RC? Are you finishing the sections too quickly? Have you devised a methodical way to diagram passages? Are you reading actively or skimming over passages?

On my diagnostic I missed 4, so really haven't spent a lot of time on RC at all and have primarily focused on my weakest sections (AR and LR). I just took another PT and missed 15!
Same thing happened to me. As I started getting better on my AR, my RC got away from me. I spent the next few days doing mainly RC sections (with a few games added in) and my RC went right back up. Just focus on RC for a while and it'll come back to you. Also, if -15 is your lowest score by far, it could just be an outlier, which is not good but certainly nothing to freak out about!

JasonR

Bronze

Post by JasonR » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:20 am

Are you doing PTs in order? The general feeling is that LG has gotten easier over the past few years and LR and RC have gotten harder.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

angiej

Silver

Post by angiej » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:27 pm

JasonR wrote:Are you doing PTs in order? The general feeling is that LG has gotten easier over the past few years and LR and RC have gotten harder.
I'm doing all the LG's, but not necessarily in any order (just following type in the LG bible and a few others not included in the bible). What I did was take the June 2007 freebie lsat 4 months ago, and then retook it last night. Huge improvement in AR and LR from the first time I took the same test, but completley screwed up my RC on the same test. *sigh*

typ3

Silver

Post by typ3 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:37 pm

I feel my AR and LR + RC on tests I retook are not indicative of my actual score.

I rarely if ever answer a question wrong twice after reviewing it. The same with games, once I complete a game and figure out the inferences I don't forget them. That is why I feel my PT averages aren't good predictors if I've already seen some of the test material.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”