Stuck in the mid 160s thread (for June test takers) Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
edinbourgh

New

Re: Stuck in the mid 160s thread (for June test takers)

Post by edinbourgh » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:32 am

Count me in, too. I've peaked at 167, and can't help but feel that I need to focus better.

jpSartre

Bronze

Post by jpSartre » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:20 pm

honestabe84 wrote:
jarofsoup wrote:I have taken 29 and got a 161, 30 and got a 167, and 31 and got a 167. I have decided to start at prep test 15 to avoid mapping games because they drag down my score and some of the tests in the mid 40s because they have only 22 question logic games and I ace them.

I also dont have the time and money to buy and take all those test. I am focusing on taking two tests a week till the test. Maybe a little bit more in may.

I am currently messing up logic games and my timing can be much better on RC. Sometimes it can be hit or miss with RC.

Going slow on LR and RC has really helped with my concentration. I kind of look at it like meditating. When you meditate you try to make your mind clear and not think of anything. But if your thoughts drift it is ok. With the LSAT it is okay if my I day dream a bit, I just dont stress over it and try to jolt myself back into it.

Some times I do get a feeling of being overwhelmed when around the end third reading comp passage and my clock is down to the sing digits.

I am using a kitchen timer to time myself right now. Should I count the time on an analog watch too?
Same.

Despite slowing down on RC and LR, I'm able to finish these sections much faster. Resolve the paradox.
B) The test taker is able to better understand the material and doesn't need to re-read the passage

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:32 pm

164 and 162's on a my most recent PTs, took a week off for spring break so I hope it helped.

jarofsoup

Gold

Post by jarofsoup » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:01 pm

I got a 166 on prep test 19. My lr performance is uneven I got minus 5 on the first section and minus 3 on second lr. Any tips

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”