for those who took the PT in the 30s and the newer PT's, Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
am060459

Silver

for those who took the PT in the 30s and the newer PT's,

Post by am060459 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:19 pm

are the LG, RC, and LR relatively easier, same or harder?

typ3

Silver

Re: for those who took the PT in the 30s and the newer PT's,

Post by typ3 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:23 pm

Difficulty is a relative thing.

So.. rather than discussing a change in difficulty of the questions by section, why not be more concerned with the breakdown of the test. The newer tests tend to have more RC questions than LGs by 1 or 2.. so the modern conclusion regarding the newer exams is that they don't differ significantly on average except a greater emphasis on RC.

Some people contend that the RC section is more difficult on recent tests, I don't believe it is. I feel older tests as well as new are the same in difficulty. Although some tests can have one section that is an absolute b*^&%. PT 36's games struck me as really difficult, while newer and older PT's I felt were easier.

honestabe84

Bronze

Post by honestabe84 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:43 pm

typ3 wrote:Difficulty is a relative thing.

So.. rather than discussing a change in difficulty of the questions by section, why not be more concerned with the breakdown of the test. The newer tests tend to have more RC questions than LGs by 1 or 2.. so the modern conclusion regarding the newer exams is that they don't differ significantly on average except a greater emphasis on RC.

Some people contend that the RC section is more difficult on recent tests, I don't believe it is. I feel older tests as well as new are the same in difficulty. Although some tests can have one section that is an absolute b*^&%. PT 36's games struck me as really difficult, while newer and older PT's I felt were easier.
What about LG? I think the games get significantly easier but get somewhat harder on the most recent tests.
Last edited by honestabe84 on Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

typ3

Silver

Post by typ3 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:05 pm

I don't think certain games are significantly harder than others. Some days I can walk in and see what is classified as a hard game and nail it in 5-6 minutes. Other days I walk in and it takes me 16 because I am just not in the right state of mind. The same goes for RC. I can nail it some days and other days I can be piss poor. There is a certain zen mindset for the lsat. If you're in it, it's like being in the matrix or the bullet time in max payne. Other days if I'm not in that mindset I feel like I'm getting my teeth pulled or encumbered in mud.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”