help please...

Capitalist

help please...

Postby Capitalist » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:34 pm

I posted a topic about this a few weeks ago but did not get any feedback. I need help deciding on either Powerscore or Testmasters. I know this has been discussed numerous time, so please bare with me. I took the Feb '10 test and will be retaking in June. I worked the Bibles in preparation for the February exam, but I had to do a good amount of cramming b/c of a very difficult and time consuming fall semester. So...my question is: should I just take Powerscore since I'm already familiar with their methods OR should I try out Testmaster and supplement their teaching w/ the Bibles? Also, for those who have taken either class could you please list a few pros and cons of each.

Thanks so much for the help.

typ3

Re: help please...

Postby typ3 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:48 pm

Don't base your decision on the company, base it on the instructor. See what instructor you'll have. Email them or talk to them in person / phone. Discuss your situation and ask for student referrals. Go from there.

BigFatPanda

Postby BigFatPanda » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:49 pm

I really can't tell the difference between powerscore method and testmasters method. Other than some symbolic difference, Testmasters method is almost an exact copy of Powerscore. Although Testmasters do run the extra mile by compiling all the LSAT questions ever published and classified them into various categories and hand it to you so you can practice until you puke.

My advice: take the Testmasters course if you don't feel confident about yourself and you've got $1400 to throw away (Testmasters is excellent if you know jack about LSAT and studying from scratch. Its just a waste of money if you know what LSAT looks like. My opinion anyway). Otherwise, just study the PowerScore books again, get the Powerscore LSAT 2004 and 2006 deconstructed, get the LSAC book that contains three Feb LSATs (02/99, 02/98, and 02/99) and get all the practice tests you can before June 2010.

Good Luck.

typ3

Postby typ3 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:58 pm

Or.. if you took the feb test and scored above 160.. I would say you'd be better off studying on your own and perhaps hiring a private tutor from one of the companies.. If you already have the basics you'll be wasting precious time before june on stuff like forming the contra positive etc.

waxecstatic

Postby waxecstatic » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:17 pm

You can't just read the bibles for your preparation. The bibles are useless without practice and drills. This time do a lot of practice tests after skimming over the bibles since you've already read them. It would be very counterintuitive to waste more time learning new methods that are very similar to Powerscore's.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”