Can Problems With Reading Comp Be Overcome?

sunrunner

Can Problems With Reading Comp Be Overcome?

Postby sunrunner » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:08 am

I got good at LR and Games by just doing many, many problems over an extended period of time, but I felt that RC was different. I didn't think that I could improve as easily so I just avoided it. Now I'm seeing that if I just complete multiple passages for days on end, I'll begin to figure it out more and more. It's already happening. I feel like a real ignoramus for not realizing this sooner. There is no mystery. Just practice, just as one would with games and arguments.

hiromoto45

Re: Can Problems With Reading Comp Be Overcome By Repetition?

Postby hiromoto45 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:12 am

sunrunner wrote:I got good at LR and Games this way, but I felt that RC was different. I didn't think that I could improve as easily so I just avoided it. Now I'm seeing that if I just complete multiple passages for days on end, I'll begin to figure it out more and more. It's already happening. I feel like a real ignoramus for not realizing this sooner. There is no mystery. Just practice, just as one would with games and arguments.

A lot of people feel that working at RC is a waste of time because its easier for them than the games or LR. On recent LSAT the RC section has gotten a bit tougher. You will find that out with more practice exams you take.

sunrunner

Re: Can Problems With Reading Comp Be Overcome By Repetition?

Postby sunrunner » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:21 am

hiromoto45 wrote:
sunrunner wrote:I got good at LR and Games this way, but I felt that RC was different. I didn't think that I could improve as easily so I just avoided it. Now I'm seeing that if I just complete multiple passages for days on end, I'll begin to figure it out more and more. It's already happening. I feel like a real ignoramus for not realizing this sooner. There is no mystery. Just practice, just as one would with games and arguments.

A lot of people feel that working at RC is a waste of time because its easier for them than the games or LR. On recent LSAT the RC section has gotten a bit tougher. You will find that out with more practice exams you take.

Eh, my performance on newer and older RC sections seems to be about the same. I was missing 7-8 per section before and now I'm missing 4-5. I'm fairly sure that the old adage regarding practice will continue to aid me in my efforts with the newer sections. Just getting comfortable with the question types and the level of focus required was my major issue before. Getting into "the flow" is always key with me in anything I do.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”