Bueprint Movie Course for June/October 2010 LSAT

User avatar
Pleasye
Posts: 7959
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: Bueprint Movie Course for June/October 2010 LSAT

Postby Pleasye » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:26 am

oh wow I love that you have access for two administrations, that's really great (but hopefully I will only need it for one lol)

basicgrey: my dogs LOVE laying directly on top of my stuff (and stepping all over it) whenever I get up haha. it's annoying but always really cute. definitely get that picture :)

User avatar
Confused&Pissed
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:10 am

Re: Bueprint Movie Course for June/October 2010 LSAT

Postby Confused&Pissed » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:49 am

LSpleaseee wrote:hey guys! I'm seriously considering signing up for Blueprint the movie. I've been trying to self study but I just haven't been doing enough by myself. A couple of questions:

Do you stream the videos online? and if you do does anyone with slow internet (mine is slow sometimes and fast sometimes) have experience using the videos? I wouldn't want to be stuck with a bunch of frozen videos haha

My internet is through my phone line, and I really don't have a problem. Some of the videos are slower, but if you reload them, I find they go a little faster

I'm taking the June LSAT, do you think I still have enough time to get the materials/go through all the lessons before the test? (aka will this be worth it for me?)

When you sign up, they give you a calendar that you can alter based on how much time you have for studying. You can choose an accelerated study schedule, and use that as a template.

and last question...how long did it take for you guys to get the materials in the mail? (I'm in LA if that helps)

I'm close to LA. I ordered Friday, it was sent out Monday, FedEx tried to deliver Tuesday, but I wasn't home. I got the materials on Wednesday.

thanks in advance for your help and hopefully we will all be studying together soon! :)


I absolutely love it! I'm good at convincing myself that I understand why I did or did not get a question. This way, I can cross reference my logic with theirs. GL

User avatar
Pleasye
Posts: 7959
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: Bueprint Movie Course for June/October 2010 LSAT

Postby Pleasye » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:11 am

Confused&Pissed wrote: I absolutely love it! I'm good at convincing myself that I understand why I did or did not get a question. This way, I can cross reference my logic with theirs. GL


Yay, I'm glad to hear all the positive feedback. Hopefully I will be signing up within the next couple of days and getting my materials this week or next week. Good luck with studying everyone!

merc280
Posts: 627
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:52 am

Re: Bueprint Movie Course for June/October 2010 LSAT

Postby merc280 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:53 am

Ive been studying the PS bibles and doing questions randomly from prep tests 19-27 for practice. Will starting this course mess me up since Ive been doing PS bibles?

User avatar
basicgrey7
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 10:29 pm

Re: Bueprint Movie Course for June/October 2010 LSAT

Postby basicgrey7 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:27 pm

merc280 wrote:Ive been studying the PS bibles and doing questions randomly from prep tests 19-27 for practice. Will starting this course mess me up since Ive been doing PS bibles?

Nope, the methods are a little different, but a lot of the base things are the same.

Kuchulu
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:44 am

Re: Bueprint Movie Course for June/October 2010 LSAT

Postby Kuchulu » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:43 pm

I signed up for it and took it last year, each lesson is about 3-4 hours long and I believe there are like 16 lessons plus you get the MP3 and supplemental stuff.

I didn't end up taking the DEC LSAT but I have all the info from the lessons + all the books, so I have the basics and I am totally fine studying on my own.

I love that you can study at your own pace and honestly after going to some classes I like this method better because there are less distractions, you can pause and go back.

I don't have a SINGLE complaint about it. I recommend Blueprint to ANYONE (class or video) there is NOTHING better out there. and NO I swear I do not work for them. I just think they put their heart and soul into making a very easy, comprehensive, yet fun class and they deserve the props for it.

User avatar
basicgrey7
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 10:29 pm

Re: Bueprint Movie Course for June/October 2010 LSAT

Postby basicgrey7 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:30 pm

Getting a lot wrong on the argument evaluation drill lesson 1 :(

User avatar
basicgrey7
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 10:29 pm

Re: Bueprint Movie Course for June/October 2010 LSAT

Postby basicgrey7 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:33 pm

I think that another strength of blueprint is that they really talk everything out. They don't just label everything and say it is this fallacy the end. They really explain why it is wrong.

User avatar
Confused&Pissed
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:10 am

Re: Bueprint Movie Course for June/October 2010 LSAT

Postby Confused&Pissed » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:25 pm

basicgrey7 wrote:Getting a lot wrong on the argument evaluation drill lesson 1 :(


Are you having trouble with understanding necc vs suff statements?

merc280
Posts: 627
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:52 am

Re: Bueprint Movie Course for June/October 2010 LSAT

Postby merc280 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:15 pm

Kuchulu wrote:I signed up for it and took it last year, each lesson is about 3-4 hours long and I believe there are like 16 lessons plus you get the MP3 and supplemental stuff.

I didn't end up taking the DEC LSAT but I have all the info from the lessons + all the books, so I have the basics and I am totally fine studying on my own.

I love that you can study at your own pace and honestly after going to some classes I like this method better because there are less distractions, you can pause and go back.

I don't have a SINGLE complaint about it. I recommend Blueprint to ANYONE (class or video) there is NOTHING better out there. and NO I swear I do not work for them. I just think they put their heart and soul into making a very easy, comprehensive, yet fun class and they deserve the props for it.



I don't think i do well with learning through videos, like I watched the sample videos on blueprints website and only understood it when i went through it twice. Im having second thoughts of signing up. Do they help through email, like if I have a question and such?

User avatar
Confused&Pissed
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:10 am

Re: Bueprint Movie Course for June/October 2010 LSAT

Postby Confused&Pissed » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:01 pm

merc280 wrote:
Kuchulu wrote:I signed up for it and took it last year, each lesson is about 3-4 hours long and I believe there are like 16 lessons plus you get the MP3 and supplemental stuff.

I didn't end up taking the DEC LSAT but I have all the info from the lessons + all the books, so I have the basics and I am totally fine studying on my own.

I love that you can study at your own pace and honestly after going to some classes I like this method better because there are less distractions, you can pause and go back.

I don't have a SINGLE complaint about it. I recommend Blueprint to ANYONE (class or video) there is NOTHING better out there. and NO I swear I do not work for them. I just think they put their heart and soul into making a very easy, comprehensive, yet fun class and they deserve the props for it.



I don't think i do well with learning through videos, like I watched the sample videos on blueprints website and only understood it when i went through it twice. Im having second thoughts of signing up. Do they help through email, like if I have a question and such?



The videos for lessons are much slower and more in depth than the sample videos. The guy who responds to emails got back to me within a couple of hours, and thoroughly answered my questions. HTH :lol:

User avatar
basicgrey7
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 10:29 pm

Re: Bueprint Movie Course for June/October 2010 LSAT

Postby basicgrey7 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:27 am

I missed 5, 8, 12, 13, 16

makingwaves
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:04 am

Re: Bueprint Movie Course for June/October 2010 LSAT

Postby makingwaves » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:36 pm

basicgrey7 wrote:I think that another strength of blueprint is that they really talk everything out. They don't just label everything and say it is this fallacy the end. They really explain why it is wrong.


Yes! I love that about the BP course because my weakness was just reading the PS bibles and having to 'get it' and move on. I like all the examples and explanations why the wrong is wrong and why the right is right.

User avatar
basicgrey7
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 10:29 pm

Re: Bueprint Movie Course for June/October 2010 LSAT

Postby basicgrey7 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:36 pm

Is it just me or do the lesson 2 videos not follow with the references to the book??

User avatar
scottstot
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:35 pm

Re: Bueprint Movie Course for June/October 2010 LSAT

Postby scottstot » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:18 pm

Hey everyone. I just signed up for the class and now I'm just waiting to recieve the box of stuff in the mail. Did anyone take the first practice test yet and mind sharing how you did?

User avatar
basicgrey7
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 10:29 pm

Re: Bueprint Movie Course for June/October 2010 LSAT

Postby basicgrey7 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:48 pm

I didn't but only because I took Dec 2009 and had prepped and already taken tests. Not gonna lie, my cold diagnostic was a 154 and after studying I got a 148 on Dec 2009. I'm retaking :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: . I have a 4.0 so I'm hoping to get a decent score and get some schollys ;). I had a lot going on while studying last time (working ft, school ft, mother in hospital, senioritis), so I am hoping to do better this time!

merc280
Posts: 627
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:52 am

Re: Bueprint Movie Course for June/October 2010 LSAT

Postby merc280 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:20 pm

I ordered mine yesterday. Im thinking of studying for the games a bit and then taking my first exam, because the games are messing me up bad, and im sure i'll do decent if I know how to do them somewhat.

User avatar
basicgrey7
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 10:29 pm

Re: Bueprint Movie Course for June/October 2010 LSAT

Postby basicgrey7 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:43 pm

merc280 wrote:I ordered mine yesterday. Im thinking of studying for the games a bit and then taking my first exam, because the games are messing me up bad, and im sure i'll do decent if I know how to do them somewhat.

I wouldn't, you want a diagnostic. You'll have plenty of time practicing games in the course :).

User avatar
coobs
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:05 am

Re: Bueprint Movie Course for June/October 2010 LSAT

Postby coobs » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:55 pm

n
Last edited by coobs on Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
chelsea9305
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:43 am

Re: Bueprint Movie Course for June/October 2010 LSAT

Postby chelsea9305 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:02 am

basicgrey7 wrote:Is it just me or do the lesson 2 videos not follow with the references to the book??


I noticed that as well, seems to be a little bit off.

gwk
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:06 am

Re: Bueprint Movie Course for June/October 2010 LSAT

Postby gwk » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:12 am

merc280 wrote:
Kuchulu wrote:I signed up for it and took it last year, each lesson is about 3-4 hours long and I believe there are like 16 lessons plus you get the MP3 and supplemental stuff.

I didn't end up taking the DEC LSAT but I have all the info from the lessons + all the books, so I have the basics and I am totally fine studying on my own.

I love that you can study at your own pace and honestly after going to some classes I like this method better because there are less distractions, you can pause and go back.

I don't have a SINGLE complaint about it. I recommend Blueprint to ANYONE (class or video) there is NOTHING better out there. and NO I swear I do not work for them. I just think they put their heart and soul into making a very easy, comprehensive, yet fun class and they deserve the props for it.


I don't think i do well with learning through videos, like I watched the sample videos on blueprints website and only understood it when i went through it twice. Im having second thoughts of signing up. Do they help through email, like if I have a question and such?



When I viewed the sample videos I also didn't necessarily understand everything that was being explained. I think this is normal as you do not get to see all the other videos that lead up to it. The great advantage of taking a course, and BP more so, is that the structure of the course compliments itself as you progress. I am in the midst of lesson 4 right now and understanding everything, whereas I'm sure had I randomly watched one of the videos I would not have understood everything as thoroughly as I am now having watched everything leading up to this point.

When I went through the PS bibles I felt as if I was understanding everything for the most part but would forget the materials for each particular type of game or logical reasoning type. By the time I took a practice test I had forgotten various methods. What I have noticed with Blueprint is that the layout of the course ensures that you review and practice things you have already learned in conjunction with learning new things. Hence this is a reason why they probably call themselves blueprint. This will bode well as they say, so that by the time you take the actual test you aren't forgetting things that you have learned early in the course. It is very relieving to know this, as for me, this was something that concerned me just simply going through the bibles.

spearnreel
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:30 pm

Re: Bueprint Movie Course for June/October 2010 LSAT

Postby spearnreel » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:18 am

This movie is starting to sound convincing.

merc280
Posts: 627
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:52 am

Re: Bueprint Movie Course for June/October 2010 LSAT

Postby merc280 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:10 pm

I cant really do much until my books come in right? I mean other than the practice test?

bp colin
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:08 pm

Re: Bueprint Movie Course for June/October 2010 LSAT

Postby bp colin » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:14 pm

merc280 wrote:I cant really do much until my books come in right? I mean other than the practice test?


No, not really. The books contain all the actual problems and tons of material, so watching the videos without them wouldn't be a great idea. It would probably just be sort of confusing and not helpful. Enjoy your time off, though, because once your books arrive, you're going to be working like you've never worked before.

I work for bp, btw

merc280
Posts: 627
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:52 am

Re: Bueprint Movie Course for June/October 2010 LSAT

Postby merc280 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:14 pm

would you say the average amount of studying per day is around 3-4 hours? or less than that.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bearedman8, BOSStongrl, SunDevil14, Tazewell, theboringest, tuesdayninja, WeightliftingThinker and 14 guests