Bueprint Movie Course for June/October 2010 LSAT Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
ecrew

New

Re: Bueprint Movie Course for June/October 2010 LSAT

Post by ecrew » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:28 am

did anyone take Blueprint for the June test, and feel that they were adequately prepared on Monday.

lparker

Bronze

Post by lparker » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:22 am

ecrew wrote:did anyone take Blueprint for the June test, and feel that they were adequately prepared on Monday.
I used Blueprint for the June Test and I can honestly say that there wasn't anything I didn't recognize or they didn't prepare me for. Except maybe that Mulch game... I was able to identify every question prompt and knew exactly what Blueprint method I should employ--correctly employing those methods might be a different story, but that's my own shortcomings.

If you're considering purchasing Blueprint--do it! It's definitely time intensive, but any well-done LSAT prep should be. That was my weakest point with the course. I work a full-time job, and I am 4 years out of undergrad. I was usually tired after work, ya know. But, again, that's me--not the course. You will feel confident when you go to take the LSAT, and you'll have a way better number 2 pencil than everyone else.

makingwaves

Bronze

Post by makingwaves » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:06 am

lparker wrote:
ecrew wrote:did anyone take Blueprint for the June test, and feel that they were adequately prepared on Monday.
I used Blueprint for the June Test and I can honestly say that there wasn't anything I didn't recognize or they didn't prepare me for. Except maybe that Mulch game... I was able to identify every question prompt and knew exactly what Blueprint method I should employ--correctly employing those methods might be a different story, but that's my own shortcomings.

If you're considering purchasing Blueprint--do it! It's definitely time intensive, but any well-done LSAT prep should be. That was my weakest point with the course. I work a full-time job, and I am 4 years out of undergrad. I was usually tired after work, ya know. But, again, that's me--not the course. You will feel confident when you go to take the LSAT, and you'll have a way better number 2 pencil than everyone else.
I absolutely agree. The mulch game screwed me, but other than that I felt VERY prepared.

hoverin Ferb

New

Post by hoverin Ferb » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:46 pm

I got it for the June test and had a few issues. They may seem insignificant, but...
1) Section 2 (mentioned earlier) was a mess. I think they updated the books, but didn't edit the videos.
2) Overall organization of the website. You couldn't go to one place and do lesson 1, do the homework, check the answers, etc. I feel there should have been a way to focus on one subject (links to the specific video segments, questions, answers -- all in one place). I wouldn't be surprised if there are resources in that program that I never found.
3) The video would not restart after pausing to do a question. It did this on multiple computers. A bunch of time was spent trying to restart the videos and find where I left off.

IBThatGuy

New

Post by IBThatGuy » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:56 am

lparker wrote: I used Blueprint for the June Test and I can honestly say that there wasn't anything I didn't recognize or they didn't prepare me for. Except maybe that Mulch game... I was able to identify every question prompt and knew exactly what Blueprint method I should employ--correctly employing those methods might be a different story, but that's my own shortcomings.

I will refrain from explicitly casting doubt on whether or not that user ID was created as an alt to advertise for BluePrint. Neither know nor care.

Correctly employing their methods should not be a (completely) different story. Did you employ them? If not, what was the reason. If it doesn't work or is not sufficiently intuitive, those could be serious drawbacks. I went through the PowerScore LGB. I can now identify games by type, and I do the setups more-or-less exactly as I did before I went through the book.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ecrew

New

Post by ecrew » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:15 am

IBThatGuy wrote:
lparker wrote: I used Blueprint for the June Test and I can honestly say that there wasn't anything I didn't recognize or they didn't prepare me for. Except maybe that Mulch game... I was able to identify every question prompt and knew exactly what Blueprint method I should employ--correctly employing those methods might be a different story, but that's my own shortcomings.

I will refrain from explicitly casting doubt on whether or not that user ID was created as an alt to advertise for BluePrint. Neither know nor care.

Correctly employing their methods should not be a (completely) different story. Did you employ them? If not, what was the reason. If it doesn't work or is not sufficiently intuitive, those could be serious drawbacks. I went through the PowerScore LGB. I can now identify games by type, and I do the setups more-or-less exactly as I did before I went through the book.
It's funny, you mention that. I know that this was a Blueprint employee. I personally, do not care. I only mention it to save actual users from getting duped if they search this thread a couple of months from now.

lparker

Bronze

Post by lparker » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:42 am

I only respond to this because I wouldn't want anything to mar the good reputation of BP. I don't work for BP. I WISH I did as that would mean I have a 170+ on my LSAT.

Also, I'm not going to try to speak on their behalf. If you have any questions, you should contact them. They've always been extremely resposive to any of my concerns.

I still stand by what I said.

bp colin

Bronze

Post by bp colin » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:16 pm

I just thought I should say that I definitely AM a Blueprint employee, and the only one here. If anyone has logistical questions about Blueprint, I'm the person to direct them to.

getitdone

New

Post by getitdone » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:27 pm

how much does it cost... and wher do u get it?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Columbus

New

Post by Columbus » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:01 am

bp colin wrote:I just thought I should say that I definitely AM a Blueprint employee, and the only one here. If anyone has logistical questions about Blueprint, I'm the person to direct them to.
Yes, we know you work there. This thread (with its suspiciously shill title and opening post) gets revived and brought to everyone's attention at conveniently spaced out intervals. Will there be one titled "Blueprint Movie for the December/February 2010 LSAT" next? Try to do something here other than sell your over-priced movie. People can read your website or pm you -- we get it already.

basicgrey7

Bronze

Post by basicgrey7 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:11 am

Columbus wrote:
bp colin wrote:I just thought I should say that I definitely AM a Blueprint employee, and the only one here. If anyone has logistical questions about Blueprint, I'm the person to direct them to.
Yes, we know you work there. This thread (with its suspiciously shill title and opening post) gets revived and brought to everyone's attention at conveniently spaced out intervals. Will there be one titled "Blueprint Movie for the December/February 2010 LSAT" next? Try to do something here other than sell your over-priced movie. People can read your website or pm you -- we get it already.
Colin isn't trying to sell anything. He is doing us all a favor by answering questions in here for us about the course. He hasn't once posted a link directing anyone to purchase it. It's nice that he is in here because it jogs your memory that you have a question and you don't have to go directly to the blueprint site to ask it.

jeremydc

Bronze

Post by jeremydc » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:28 am

Heard amazing things about the BluePrint course but there is no way I could afford an 800$ course. I wish there was a discount for us poorer students :)

crossingforHYS

Silver

Post by crossingforHYS » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:47 am

jeremydc wrote:Heard amazing things about the BluePrint course but there is no way I could afford an 800$ course. I wish there was a discount for us poorer students :)
I think they actually have a financial aid thingy...looked into it awhile back but didn't apply.

oh and to above posters...stop being rude! if you dont want to be on this thread don't go on it! I dont know what it is about an internet forum that all of a sudden makes people aquire balls.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jeremydc

Bronze

Post by jeremydc » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:55 am

How do you go about applying?

jeremydc

Bronze

Post by jeremydc » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:57 am

Nvm found it. Can't do it since I live in Hawaii :(

crossingforHYS

Silver

Post by crossingforHYS » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:05 am

jeremydc wrote:Nvm found it. Can't do it since I live in Hawaii :(
aww sorry!!! was there anything for the movie? e-mail them maybe they have an alternate version for the movie?

bp colin

Bronze

Post by bp colin » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:38 am

Yeah, no fin aid for the video course, sorry!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

bp colin

Bronze

Post by bp colin » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:41 am

ecrew wrote: It's funny, you mention that. I know that this was a Blueprint employee. I personally, do not care. I only mention it to save actual users from getting duped if they search this thread a couple of months from now.
A conspiracy is afoot!
Columbus wrote: This thread (with its suspiciously shill title and opening post) gets revived and brought to everyone's attention at conveniently spaced out intervals. Will there be one titled "Blueprint Movie for the December/February 2010 LSAT" next? Try to do something here other than sell your over-priced movie. People can read your website or pm you -- we get it already.
Holmes is on the case!

lsatextreme

Silver

Post by lsatextreme » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:49 am

I haven't given this much thought, but having taken the movie course for this past June LSAT, here are things that stand out:

-Material is plenty and very well organized with witty and engaging (sometimes corny haha) humor, but all in all, it does have an effect to make the class somewhat easygoing and you can see how they try to lessen the pain of doing hours of homework problems and or advancing through the course.
-Their responses to our emails are always within 24 hours and they are the most detailed and all encompassing responses that I'd ever find, and for me at least, it really shortens the gap between the video and the physical course because they really give you the personal attention to each and every e-mail you send (God knows how many questions I've had to ask)

Now for a negative (otherwise I'd be a bp employee right!? :lol:

-I've inquired about this before, but not all of the questions have explanations available on their online resources, and they've said they're working on getting them all up eventually, so I noticed that it was definitely a constantly developing course that can only get better as people take it at a later time. So if you're the type that gets plenty wrong, I could see it may be some hassle to email questions and explanations about all the ones you don't know unless you yourself can find and solve your own mistakes.

With my full time work schedule, I couldn't make time for the physical courses, but the movie course was the perfectly suited to my needs. IMHO, physical course trumps all video courses, but at least for those who are debating which video course to take because of their inability to attend classes, I would wholeheartedly recommend this one. In the end though, it's all dependent on how much time you make for studying for this god forsaken test that will reflect your performance on game day.

ecrew

New

Post by ecrew » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:12 pm

ecrew wrote:
IBThatGuy wrote:

It's funny, you mention that. I know that this was a Blueprint employee. I personally, do not care. I only mention it to save actual users from getting duped if they search this thread a couple of months from now.
First, when someone comes out of the woodwork after spending months studying and taking the actual Lsat it is suspicious.

I guess they spent the whole time studying, and then they will make a profile just so they can post a spectacular review?

2. The review is a perfect paragraph. It says great things without going to far. Then, it brings up a minor flaw in the program, just enough to make the ignorant, believe that it is real.

3. The review exactly mimics a post on their blog. The last sentence in the post about the pencils is an almost exact copy.

4. There are other (one post) reviews on other Blueprint threads. Suspicious?

5. The company has done it before and gotten caught. Under oath the owners admitted having multiple, fake Handle's on various websites.

crossingforHYS

Silver

Post by crossingforHYS » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:53 am

e-crew. IMHO that is a lot of research for a forum post. Why?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

bp colin

Bronze

Post by bp colin » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:15 pm

I don’t think it’s all that strange at all. I’m assuming there are an overwhelming number of people who read the boards but aren't members. You asked three times about Blueprint, no one replied for a bit, and so it seems like this person created an account to answer. That doesn’t seem all that insane to me.

The review is a perfect paragraph – so what? Just because this individual understands how to correctly use apostrophes and commas doesn’t make it suspect. And while it is a pretty favorable review, but that doesn’t mean it’s not real; it appears that they just had a generally good experience. From memory, I don’t know how it “exactly mimics” one of our blogs. And even if it does, that doesn’t seem all that strange, as many of our students regularly read moststronglysupported.com.

What does seem a little suspect is the fact that you asked about the course three times and then immediately started shitting on someone who responded (even though you “do not care”). Since then, more people have responded with their experiences, which you’ve ignored. Were you considering taking the class at all, or were there other reasons for your inquiries? And, yes, as crossingforHYS said, it seems you’ve done a ton of research for this. I see you’ve taken a Powerscore course, as well. Do I think this makes you a Powerscore employee? Of course not. I have a much higher burden of proof to “know” things.

lparker

Bronze

Post by lparker » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:58 pm

All true.

I adore you, Colin, by the way...

nematoad

Bronze

Post by nematoad » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:28 pm

this is all just really entertaining. thank you for making my workday more pleasant.

psteele99

New

Post by psteele99 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:32 pm

I took blueprint for the June 2010 and loved it! Well worth the money!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”