LSAT Score Drop Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Perjury

Bronze

LSAT Score Drop

Post by Perjury » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:06 pm

I cancelled my LSAT score in September 2009.
I received a 160 in December 2009.
I received a 153 in February 2010.

I don't know what to think right now. I am really going out of my mind. I thought I should have cancelled my score but I thought it would be a bad idea since it was my third time taking the LSAT and I could have done better than I thought. But this is not the case. How do I explain this to schools that I have applied to or are going to apply to? I know most schools do not average scores but how much of an impact will this low score have since it occured after my high score?
Last edited by Perjury on Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cardnal124

Bronze

Re: LSAT Score Drop

Post by cardnal124 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:11 pm

Perjury wrote:I cancelled my LSAT score in September 2009.

I don't know what to think right now. I am really going out of my mind. I thought I should have cancelled my score but I thought it would be a bad idea since it was my third time taking the LSAT and I could have done better than I thought. But I did worser. How do I explain this to schools that I have applied to or are going to apply to? I know most schools do not average scores but how much of an impact will this low score have since it occured after my high score?
Not nearly the impact of using worser in a sentence on your PS

Underoath

Bronze

Post by Underoath » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:35 pm

cardnal124 wrote:

I don't know what to think right now. I am really going out of my mind. I thought I should have cancelled my score but I thought it would be a bad idea since it was my third time taking the LSAT and I could have done better than I thought. But I did worser. How do I explain this to schools that I have applied to or are going to apply to? I know most schools do not average scores but how much of an impact will this low score have since it occured after my high score?
Not nearly the impact of using worser in a sentence on your PS
+1

lsatwizo

New

Post by lsatwizo » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:30 pm

I don't know what to think right now. I am really going out of my mind. I thought I should have cancelled my score but I thought it would be a bad idea since it was my third time taking the LSAT and I could have done better than I thought. But this is not the case. How do I explain this to schools that I have applied to or are going to apply to? I know most schools do not average scores but how much of an impact will this low score have since it occured after my high score?

160 on December LSAT, with an extremely generous curve.

153 on the February LSAT, with an extremely harsh curve. LSAC screwed you in February. That's what actually happened.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”