Dec 09 (PT59) Game 4

jacmelmorning

Dec 09 (PT59) Game 4

Postby jacmelmorning » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:25 pm

For some reason, this basic linear game took me much longer to finish than others of its kind.

Maybe I'm approaching it the wrong way. Anyone have tips on how to rip through it?

skip james

Re: Dec 09 (PT59) Game 4

Postby skip james » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:25 pm

This was a more difficult Linear Game, however it can easily be done in less than 8:45. It seems sorta lengthy to explain how to do each problem quickly in this game, but if you had any specific question in mind, for alternative (i.e. quicker) ways to do it, then I'd be happy to help.

For now though, here are some of my thoughts on question 19, which I find to be particularly interesting.

This is a completely determines question, so basically you need to figure out what piece of information will allow you to have one and only one scenario. Basically, the task (as I see it) is NOT to plug and chug each answer choice, because that would eat time way waaaayyy too quickly, but to look at your rules and diagram and isolate the element of the game which CAUSES the multiplicity of scenarios or, as I like to call it, the 'movement' in the variables.

Here, the source of the moving variables, is that the rules 2,3,4 are all reversible. SO, you need to do something to FIX and eliminate that reversibility.

Read this article: --LinkRemoved--

.. and see if that concept will help you derive the correct answer for that question more quickly than the plug and chug method. That may help you gain some ground on the timing aspect of this game.

I hope this helps.

jacmelmorning

Re: Dec 09 (PT59) Game 4

Postby jacmelmorning » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:44 pm

Ah, interesting article. Thanks for the insight.

After close inspection, I've noticed that doing question 21 first would allow 18 (a time consumer IMO) to be easily destroyed. I've always done the questions sequentially, but now I'm beginning to think that in some cases it would be more strategic to give all of the questions a quick look instead of diving right in.

What do you guys think?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”