June retaker needs some advice...

Capitalist

June retaker needs some advice...

Postby Capitalist » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:30 pm

I know my question has been throughly discussed, but I figured I'd post it in regard to my current situation. I took the February 2010 test and did not do as well as I had hoped, so I am going to retake in June. I did the self-study routine with the Bibles and numerous prep tests in preparation for the Feb. test. But due to an an incredibly full fall schedule, I did a significant amount of cramming over the holiday break and in the time leading up to the actual test day, which I think could have had a negative impact on my actual performance. As a result I've decided that a prep course could be beneficial...

So my question is: Powerscore or Testmasters?

Part of me thinks Powerscore because of the work I have already done with the Bibles, but the other half thinks why not supplement the info from the Bibles with some different approaches.

What say you, TLS?

Thanks for the help.

FreeGuy

Re: June retaker needs some advice...

Postby FreeGuy » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:48 pm

TM and PS aren't that different from each other in terms of approaches. Founders used to work together.

I've heard someone say that a TM employee was raised by wolves, though. Can anyone verify this? ;)

EdmundBurke23

Postby EdmundBurke23 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:52 pm

How many PTs have you taken?

I'm a little worried about bombing the test, and not having enough fresh supply of new PTs available for self-study again.

Do you think it's possible that there are significant drawbacks when using tainted PTs from the past?

Capitalist

Postby Capitalist » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:55 pm

EdmundBurke23 wrote:How many PTs have you taken?

I'm a little worried about bombing the test, and not having enough fresh supply of new PTs available for self-study again.

Do you think it's possible that there are significant drawbacks when using tainted PTs from the past?

Just make copies of the PTs instead of working them directly in the book, then just take time off between working them.

Capitalist

Postby Capitalist » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:58 pm

Bump...any other opinions out there regarding my situation? Powerscore v. Testmasters

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”