You're bored. Do this logic game.

Atlas LSAT Teacher

You're bored. Do this logic game.

Postby Atlas LSAT Teacher » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:02 pm

Our latest logic game challenge is up:http://www.atlaslsat.com/logic-games-practice.cfm

FuManChusco

Re: You're bored. Do this logic game.

Postby FuManChusco » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:29 pm

Did this quickly. I believe it's,

1.D
2.C
3.E
4.A
5.D
6.E (Just seems like there's a lot of possibilities so I picked the biggest number. Probably right.)

StirFry101

Postby StirFry101 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:43 pm

I got the same except:

5.E
6.D

Atlas LSAT Teacher

Postby Atlas LSAT Teacher » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:13 pm

You can see what other folks got and someone's explanation here: http://www.atlaslsat.com/forums/fortnig ... 8140b5cdc2

FuManChusco

Postby FuManChusco » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:42 pm

StirFry101 wrote:I got the same except:

5.E
6.D

This is wrong.

5. It's could be true EXCEPT. E is wrong. Hu can read Xtravagance, Walkabout, and Zoolandia. Francis reads Younder and Grace reads Younder. That's just one possible hypo. D is correct. Look it over. The problem is Grace has to read everything Francis reads, so that means Francis, Grace, and Hu are all reading two of the same poems. Only Hu can read 3. He has to read more than Francis and Grace, and no one can read 4 because Y/Z can't be together. If they all read XW then Hu can only read either Y/Z, not both. If they all read WY, then Hu can read WYX, but there's no Z. The opposite is true if they all read WZ. Get my drift?

6. Ugh. This question sucks. I didn't really do it out but your disagreement caused me to want to figure it out and E is actually right. I got lucky guessing the highest number.

1.) F=Y
G=Y
H=WXZ

2.) F=Z
G=Z
H=WXY

3.) F=Y
G=WY
H=WXZ

4.) F=Z
G=WZ
H=WXY

5.) F=W
G=WY
H=WXZ

6.) F=W
G=WZ
H=WXY

7.) F=WY
G=WY
H=WXZ

8.) F=WZ
G=WZ
H=WXY

Really tedious and lame, but yeah, those are all different and allowed by the rules. This would kill anyone on a timed LSAT.

Atlas LSAT Teacher

Postby Atlas LSAT Teacher » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:52 pm

Yeah, that last one is not a very LSAT-like question (thus the disclaimer). If it were on an LSAT, I would recommend skipping it and coming back later, perhaps with a beer.

basicgrey7

Postby basicgrey7 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:22 pm

Atlas LSAT Teacher wrote:Yeah, that last one is not a very LSAT-like question (thus the disclaimer). If it were on an LSAT, I would recommend skipping it and coming back later, perhaps with a beer.

+1. Why do they not serve alcoholic beverages at the testing center? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Atlas LSAT Teacher

Postby Atlas LSAT Teacher » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:08 am

basicgrey7 wrote:
Atlas LSAT Teacher wrote:Yeah, that last one is not a very LSAT-like question (thus the disclaimer). If it were on an LSAT, I would recommend skipping it and coming back later, perhaps with a beer.

+1. Why do they not serve alcoholic beverages at the testing center? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

the psychometricians would get very, very angry

skip james

Postby skip james » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:52 pm

Atlas LSAT Teacher wrote:the psychometricians would get very, very angry

they would quite literally become 'psycho'-metricians.

eudaimondaimon

Postby eudaimondaimon » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:12 pm

skip james wrote:
Atlas LSAT Teacher wrote:the psychometricians would get very, very angry

they would quite literally become 'psycho'-metricians.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

StirFry101

Postby StirFry101 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:09 pm

FuManChusco wrote:
StirFry101 wrote:I got the same except:

5.E
6.D

This is wrong.

5. It's could be true EXCEPT. E is wrong. Hu can read Xtravagance, Walkabout, and Zoolandia. Francis reads Younder and Grace reads Younder. That's just one possible hypo. D is correct. Look it over. The problem is Grace has to read everything Francis reads, so that means Francis, Grace, and Hu are all reading two of the same poems. Only Hu can read 3. He has to read more than Francis and Grace, and no one can read 4 because Y/Z can't be together. If they all read XW then Hu can only read either Y/Z, not both. If they all read WY, then Hu can read WYX, but there's no Z. The opposite is true if they all read WZ. Get my drift?

6. Ugh. This question sucks. I didn't really do it out but your disagreement caused me to want to figure it out and E is actually right. I got lucky guessing the highest number.

1.) F=Y
G=Y
H=WXZ

2.) F=Z
G=Z
H=WXY

3.) F=Y
G=WY
H=WXZ

4.) F=Z
G=WZ
H=WXY

5.) F=W
G=WY
H=WXZ

6.) F=W
G=WZ
H=WXY

7.) F=WY
G=WY
H=WXZ

8.) F=WZ
G=WZ
H=WXY

Really tedious and lame, but yeah, those are all different and allowed by the rules. This would kill anyone on a timed LSAT.

You know what. The more I look at this the more I think D and E are right. Look at your hypotheticals. In none of those are the same two poems read by Francis and Hu. In none of those choices is X read by F or G. Either that or the wording is incredibly poor.

5. If every poem is read by at least one student, each of the following could be true EXCEPT:
A. At least one poem is read by all three students.
B. Francis reads exactly the same poems as Grace.
C. Grace reads more poems than Francis.
D. Francis and Hu read two of the same poems.
E. Xtravagance is read by either Francis or Grace.

It's asking which of the following MUST BE FALSE if every poem is read by at least one student.
(A) is incorrect because W can be read by all three students.
(B) is incorrect because W Y or Z can be ready by Francis and Grace by themselves.
(C) is incorrect because Grace can ready Z and W while Francis only reads Z, among many others.
(D) is incorrect if the wording implies that only one poem can be read by both. Which W would satisfy. However, it seems to be saying that they both read two separate poems. This can't be possible just by looking at the hypotheticals from Question 6.
(E) is correct:

F=XW
G=XW
H=ZY+W or XW

This doesn't work if F reads X. Now if only G reads X we'll still need F to read W...
F=W
G=XW
H=ZY+ W or XW

Same thing. I don't see how X can be read by F or G and this works.

You are correct on Question 6 btw. That question requires all hypotheticals and I could only think of 7. But 8 is in fact correct.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”