Feb score, updated score reports...

Lupton Pittman
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:32 am

Feb score, updated score reports...

Postby Lupton Pittman » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:08 pm

Forgive me if this has been answered, but I did a good bit of searching and still came up short. If it is in fact the case that LSAC automatically sends updated scores reports to the schools to which we've applied, how long does this process take? On the LSAC web page, of the schools whose report methods are "image", I'm able to see a pdf of the new score report. Of those whose report methods are "paper" though, there is no image or date, just "score" which I take it to indicate a report was sent out but not yet received. Am I on the right track here? Should I just wait for everything to update, or would it be a good idea to go ahead and email each school and let them know my new score is in? Thanks for any input.

msesquire2b
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:39 pm

Re: Feb score, updated score reports...

Postby msesquire2b » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:04 pm

Once they send the update report you will see the pdf for it, next to where it says "score". All of my updates are sent already. I am not sure if the school requests it, or if the LSAC automatically does it.

woodstocker
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:14 am

Re: Feb score, updated score reports...

Postby woodstocker » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:12 pm

Aren't scores automatically sent to schools already applied to? The strange thing is that only half of the schools on my LSAC report appear to have been sent my new February score. Is there any action we need to take to ensure that all schools receive the new score?

Swamp Monster
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Feb score, updated score reports...

Postby Swamp Monster » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:22 pm

yea, i'm confused as well. All the ones sent only have my original score, and since this weekend, it says score below paper or image, but I don't see any concrete evidence that shows my new score on any report sent. Anyone who knows how this works?

msesquire2b
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:39 pm

Re: Feb score, updated score reports...

Postby msesquire2b » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:31 pm

Swamp Monster wrote:yea, i'm confused as well. All the ones sent only have my original score, and since this weekend, it says score below paper or image, but I don't see any concrete evidence that shows my new score on any report sent. Anyone who knows how this works?


I think the schools request it. I check my LSAC reports like crazy, and I notice the number of requested vs. sent change throughout the day. They started sending my updates out yesterday and finished today. (Except for an application that I just submitted on 02/27 which has been requested but not sent).

evergirl23
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:13 pm

Re: Feb score, updated score reports...

Postby evergirl23 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:46 pm

msesquire2b wrote:I think the schools request it. I check my LSAC reports like crazy, and I notice the number of requested vs. sent change throughout the day. They started sending my updates out yesterday and finished today. (Except for an application that I just submitted on 02/27 which has been requested but not sent).



What's great is that if the school requests it NOT be sent (e.g. because you have already been denied) then that shows up in the date box for that school: "Not sent at law school request." Awesome, I tell you, awesome.

Reports haven't been sent to about half of my schools yet, some of which I am still waiting on decisions from. Hope they go soon! (And I wish all Admissions Offices accepted the image reports - so much faster!)

Swamp Monster
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Feb score, updated score reports...

Postby Swamp Monster » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:49 pm

so on the reason column it says first time report, then after that it says score...That means the score has been sent? It says 16 have been requested and 13 sent, with the 3 not requested being the three I applied to yesterday...

msesquire2b
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:39 pm

Re: Feb score, updated score reports...

Postby msesquire2b » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:19 pm

Swamp Monster wrote:so on the reason column it says first time report, then after that it says score...That means the score has been sent? It says 16 have been requested and 13 sent, with the 3 not requested being the three I applied to yesterday...


When there is a PDF next to the score with a date and it says "Paper" or "Image" that is when it has been sent. You can then open the PDF and see what they sent.

msesquire2b
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:39 pm

Re: Feb score, updated score reports...

Postby msesquire2b » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:22 pm

evergirl23 wrote:
msesquire2b wrote:I think the schools request it. I check my LSAC reports like crazy, and I notice the number of requested vs. sent change throughout the day. They started sending my updates out yesterday and finished today. (Except for an application that I just submitted on 02/27 which has been requested but not sent).


What's great is that if the school requests it NOT be sent (e.g. because you have already been denied) then that shows up in the date box for that school: "Not sent at law school request." Awesome, I tell you, awesome.


Does it really say that? Wow!!! So if they are still waiting for the updated report, I guess that means you are still in the running.

Swamp Monster
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Feb score, updated score reports...

Postby Swamp Monster » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:48 pm

msesquire2b wrote:
Swamp Monster wrote:so on the reason column it says first time report, then after that it says score...That means the score has been sent? It says 16 have been requested and 13 sent, with the 3 not requested being the three I applied to yesterday...


When there is a PDF next to the score with a date and it says "Paper" or "Image" that is when it has been sent. You can then open the PDF and see what they sent.



That's clearly true for the first time report but I'm not sure it's true for just the score update. It's added score below where no such label was before, and I've gone complete at a school whose status update previously read "incomplete awaiting future LSAT results" before 3/1. LSAC sends the new score to the schools, but I'm pretty sure you don't see a PDF showing just the score update sent. I just wish they added your new LSAT score to the report so you were 100% sure the school was seeing your new score.

msesquire2b
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:39 pm

Re: Feb score, updated score reports...

Postby msesquire2b » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:57 pm

Swamp Monster wrote:
msesquire2b wrote:
Swamp Monster wrote:so on the reason column it says first time report, then after that it says score...That means the score has been sent? It says 16 have been requested and 13 sent, with the 3 not requested being the three I applied to yesterday...


When there is a PDF next to the score with a date and it says "Paper" or "Image" that is when it has been sent. You can then open the PDF and see what they sent.



That's clearly true for the first time report but I'm not sure it's true for just the score update. It's added score below where no such label was before, and I've gone complete at a school whose status update previously read "incomplete awaiting future LSAT results" before 3/1. LSAC sends the new score to the schools, but I'm pretty sure you don't see a PDF showing just the score update sent. I just wish they added your new LSAT score to the report so you were 100% sure the school was seeing your new score.


I actually do see a pdf (next to where it says score) showing my old LSAT score and my new score, plus the average. Some appeared yesterday, and the remainder today.

Swamp Monster
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Feb score, updated score reports...

Postby Swamp Monster » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:11 pm

hmmm....kind of annoying that I have no PDF's then, but I guess they'll be coming soon...I hope!




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], cherrygalore, floatie, govlife, lagavulinjoe, lawcapture, Pozzo and 21 guests