Need Advice Post Feb-LSAT- to retake or not to retake?

LegallyBlonde923

Need Advice Post Feb-LSAT- to retake or not to retake?

Postby LegallyBlonde923 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:31 am

I just took the LSAT for the first time in February and got a 166. (3.85 GPA)
I'm happy with this for the most part, my last 3 official PTs were a 166, 167 and a 170. (Though I am pretty sure that Kaplan's last PT is easy on purpose to make everyone feel confident for the test)
I'm applying this coming fall to NYU, Fordham, Cardozo, Penn, Temple, GW and Georgetown.
Should I retake in June?

Thanks!!

GotYourselfAStewGoin

Re: Need Advice Post Feb-LSAT- to retake or not to retake?

Postby GotYourselfAStewGoin » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:35 am

I posted a topic like this in the "What are my chances?" forum. I am in a similar situation. Here's the link: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=109288

None of our schools seem to overlap, but I think some of the advice may be the same, if that helps.

r6_philly

Re: Need Advice Post Feb-LSAT- to retake or not to retake?

Postby r6_philly » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:39 am

I don't think you will have a hardtime with Temple at all. But are you comfortable attending if you only got in there? I'd think you would get in the better schools on your list if you improve your score a bit, but do you feel like you can improve? It will probably take more time, money, practice, energy to re-take, and it is not a guarantee that you will run into a test that agrees with you more than this one. Hopefully you can get in all the schools you want with your score, but if not, you have a tough decision to take what you get or try more next year. I think most people face the same choice, but many people just want to burn their LSAT books and get on with law school.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”