work for the prep companies?

work for the prep companies?

Postby yung » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:52 pm

Hey guys, got some questions regarding the various prep companies. I am wondering if the companies (such as testmasters and blue print) pay the teachers the amount of time you put into doing the class materials out of class? Also how are your experiences of working with them? Or if tutoring by yourself is the better option?

Re: work for the prep companies?

Postby tomwatts » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:26 am

We (Princeton Review) pay for prep time. I think that Kaplan does but TM/PS/BP do not. This is part of the reason that the apparently higher hourly rates at TM/PS/BP should be taken with a grain of salt.

I've quite enjoyed working for Princeton Review. If you have any specific questions about it, let me know. I know next to nothing about working for TM/PS/BP, though.

skip james

Postby skip james » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:33 am

i am a non-company tutor. i did the whole kaplan-interview process, but i decided against it at the end and went off to do my own thing. i think kaplan has decent working conditions, they pay for prep time (and i think it's pretty common to fudge these numbers) but they pay 8/hr for prep time, so it's not much. if you don't mind teaching the 'kaplan' way, i guess it could be a good place to work. i personally just didn't want to be associated with their methods. it hurt my pride a bit.

Atlas LSAT Teacher

Postby Atlas LSAT Teacher » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:51 pm

At the moment, Atlas does not pay for out-of-class prep time - we feel $100/hr teaching pay covers that -- though we do pay for training. If you've got a 99th% score and 2+ years of teaching experience, we'd love to see your resume:

Good luck -- I've found it to be very fun and interesting work.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”