anyone, i need some advice studying for lsat

adam.123

anyone, i need some advice studying for lsat

Postby adam.123 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:37 pm

I started studying lsat. I notices games section is very learnable. when i started i was getting like nothing to 3 points on each game. but now, i can understand why each answer is right. now i get atleast 6-7 per game, missing around 4 per game.

But, Logic reasoning is killing me, any help here. I will read a stimulus and the question, then will have difficulty comprehending the stimulus. no idea what exactly they meant. i find this section to be so hard. i think last time i took logic reasoning section was getting like 6-8 right out of 24. Is this normal for beginner!

I would be happy getting anywhere from 155-165.

any help is highly appreciated! thanks

D. H2Oman

Re: anyone, i need some advice studying for lsat

Postby D. H2Oman » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:41 pm

adam.123 wrote:I started studying lsat. I notices games section is very learnable. when i started i was getting like nothing to 3 points on each game. but now, i can understand why each answer is right. now i get atleast 6-7 per game, missing around 4 per game.

But, Logic reasoning is killing me, any help here. I will read a stimulus and the question, then will have difficulty comprehending the stimulus. no idea what exactly they meant. i find this section to be so hard. i think last time i took logic reasoning section was getting like 6-8 right out of 24. Is this normal for beginner!

I would be happy getting anywhere from 155-165.

any help is highly appreciated! thanks

That's bad even for a beginner. You should probably take a class.

abbas123

Postby abbas123 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:43 pm

sounds like you're new here. check the posts stickied at the top of the forum! lots of great advice.

adam.123

Postby adam.123 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:54 pm

That's bad even for a beginner. You should probably take a class.[/quote]

Will see how its going!
I think i read somewhere here that some started with 130-135 ended up with 160+!

should that give me hope, or its lie, just to make people hopeful?

TLS1776

Postby TLS1776 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:47 am

adam.123 wrote:Will see how its going!
I think i read somewhere here that some started with 130-135 ended up with 160+!

should that give me hope, or its lie, just to make people hopeful?

Yes, have hope! But remember: you're going to have to work hard for a higher score. So don't hope that your score will improve dramatically without hard work, because that's probably not going to happen.

SeanB

Postby SeanB » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:40 pm

Assuming that you are doing OK on reading comp, you just need to learn some formal logic.

If you are an undergrad or can take a Logic 101-type class cheap, take a survey class if you have time. Then, take a prep class to learn how to apply that knowledge to the test. If not, take a prep class and study.

Taking the LR cold, I got 20 out of 24 right. All but one of my mistakes, I had it narrowed down to two and fell for the "close confuser." When I examined the mistakes, I immediately understood both why I made the mistake and why the other answer was correct. I fully credit my college logic professor for that, and I took the class 17 years ago. Once the lightbulb goes off, you'll know the right way to read the problems and approach solving them.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”