NFL Combine = LSAT

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

NFL Combine = LSAT

Postby Knock » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:02 pm

Discuss.

mps200
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:16 am

Re: NFL Combine = LSAT

Postby mps200 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:03 pm

more like LSAT = 40 yard dash

bignoseknowsnoes
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:08 pm

Re: NFL Combine = LSAT

Postby bignoseknowsnoes » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:04 pm

Not sure where you'd like discussion to lead to on this one.... but, perhaps on a related note, I do think law school admissions should function more like a draft out of Undergrad with OCI's and lawyering skill combines, etc.

Note: You could also be drafted out of high school if you're gifted enough.

Discuss.
Last edited by bignoseknowsnoes on Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
bitlrc
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:52 pm

Re: NFL Combine = LSAT

Postby bitlrc » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:04 pm

college career = gpa

combine = lsat



i'd say that's fair

User avatar
PigNipple
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:57 pm

Re: NFL Combine = LSAT

Postby PigNipple » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:04 pm

How much time do they have to complete each drill, and difficulty of the games section? The answer to these questions would allow a much more serious discussion of the topic posted.

User avatar
bloodonthetracks
Posts: 422
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:28 pm

Re: NFL Combine = LSAT

Postby bloodonthetracks » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:05 pm

40-yard dash = lsat

all the other shit (strength tests, leaping measurements, etc.) = gpa

college career = softs
Last edited by bloodonthetracks on Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
stratocophic
Posts: 2207
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Re: NFL Combine = LSAT

Postby stratocophic » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:06 pm

bitlrc wrote:college career = gpa

combine = lsat



i'd say that's fair

Yup. I'm a benchwarmer on an AP 25 team, but I play a skill position and killed the combine and now I'm looking at $$$ from the Rams.

Kretzy
Posts: 1431
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:11 pm

Re: NFL Combine = LSAT

Postby Kretzy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:11 pm

bignoseknowsnoes wrote:Not sure where you'd like discussion to lead to on this one.... but, perhaps on a related note, I do think law school admissions should function more like a draft out of Undergrad with OCI's and lawyering skill combines, etc.

Note: You could also be drafted out of high school if you're gifted enough.

Discuss.


Um, no, you can't. The NFL's rules prohibiting straight-from-HS players from the draft is in part why the NBA adopted a similar policy.

bitlrc wrote:college career = gpa

combine = lsat

i'd say that's fair


Yup. You aren't getting drafted in the first round if you didn't start for 3 years but ran a 4.3 in the 40. You run a 5.2, and your Heisman looks pretty lackluster.

User avatar
Mickey Quicknumbers
Posts: 2177
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:22 pm

Re: NFL Combine = LSAT

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:11 pm

that should make Tebow a strong reverse splitter

User avatar
Sauer Grapes
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:02 am

Re: NFL Combine = LSAT

Postby Sauer Grapes » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:12 pm

....
Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hank44
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:20 am

Re: NFL Combine = LSAT

Postby hank44 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:13 pm

You can't "sit out" of the LSAT like you can the combine...

bignoseknowsnoes
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:08 pm

Re: NFL Combine = LSAT

Postby bignoseknowsnoes » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:15 pm

Kretzy wrote:
bignoseknowsnoes wrote:Not sure where you'd like discussion to lead to on this one.... but, perhaps on a related note, I do think law school admissions should function more like a draft out of Undergrad with OCI's and lawyering skill combines, etc.

Note: You could also be drafted out of high school if you're gifted enough.

Discuss.


Um, no, you can't. The NFL's rules prohibiting straight-from-HS players from the draft is in part why the NBA adopted a similar policy.

bitlrc wrote:college career = gpa

combine = lsat

i'd say that's fair


Yup. You aren't getting drafted in the first round if you didn't start for 3 years but ran a 4.3 in the 40. You run a 5.2, and your Heisman looks pretty lackluster.


Well I think in LS admissions you should be able to be drafted straight out of HS. Really, what would 4 years of obligatory "sports marketing" study really contribute to the prospect?

User avatar
stratocophic
Posts: 2207
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Re: NFL Combine = LSAT

Postby stratocophic » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:15 pm

Sauer Grapes wrote:
stratocophic wrote:
bitlrc wrote:college career = gpa

combine = lsat



i'd say that's fair

Yup. I'm a benchwarmer on an AP 25 team, but I play a skill position and killed the combine and now I'm looking at $$$ from the [strike]Rams[/strike]WUSTL.

Hidden meaning?

:lol: Busted. We'll see though, the Skins, Lions or Panthers may need a backup. Plus, who knows? Maybe the Giants will make a terrible, terrible decision.

alito08
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:38 pm

Re: NFL Combine = LSAT

Postby alito08 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:16 pm

There's always the Raiders, in fact i hear the QB position might open up.

User avatar
stratocophic
Posts: 2207
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Re: NFL Combine = LSAT

Postby stratocophic » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:16 pm

adh07d wrote:that should make Tebow a strong reverse splitter

Send him to the Panthers or Titans. They like reverse splitters. Too bad there's no LA team for the obligatory Berkeley joke.

hank44
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:20 am

Re: NFL Combine = LSAT

Postby hank44 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:17 pm

stratocophic wrote:
Sauer Grapes wrote:
stratocophic wrote:
bitlrc wrote:college career = gpa

combine = lsat



i'd say that's fair

Yup. I'm a benchwarmer on an AP 25 team, but I play a skill position and killed the combine and now I'm looking at $$$ from the [strike]Rams[/strike]WUSTL.

Hidden meaning?

:lol: Busted. We'll see though, the Skins, Lions or Panthers may need a backup. Plus, who knows? Maybe the Giants will make a terrible, terrible decision.


position?

User avatar
stratocophic
Posts: 2207
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Re: NFL Combine = LSAT

Postby stratocophic » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:21 pm

hank44 wrote:
stratocophic wrote:
Sauer Grapes wrote:
stratocophic wrote:Yup. I'm a benchwarmer on an AP 25 team, but I play a skill position and killed the combine and now I'm looking at $$$ from the [strike]Rams[/strike]WUSTL.

Hidden meaning?

:lol: Busted. We'll see though, the Skins, Lions or Panthers may need a backup. Plus, who knows? Maybe the Giants will make a terrible, terrible decision.


position?

RB (Mechanical Engineering). Good RBs won't take it to the house as often as the flashy WRs (Electrical Engineers), but patent law can rely on 'em for solid gains.

hank44
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:20 am

Re: NFL Combine = LSAT

Postby hank44 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:33 pm

lol...really think Carolina needs another Rb, huh? Interesting.

User avatar
stratocophic
Posts: 2207
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Re: NFL Combine = LSAT

Postby stratocophic » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:38 pm

hank44 wrote:lol...really think Carolina needs another Rb, huh? Interesting.

TBF, neither Carolina nor the school in Carolina's going to want this RB. Position's more than filled at one, and the college career was too underwhelming for the other's taste.

hank44
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:20 am

Re: NFL Combine = LSAT

Postby hank44 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:40 pm

stratocophic wrote:
hank44 wrote:lol...really think Carolina needs another Rb, huh? Interesting.

TBF, neither Carolina nor the school in Carolina's going to want this RB. Position's more than filled at one, and the college career was too underwhelming for the other's taste.


What in god's name are you talking about lol...I was implying that it didn't sound like you know much about football...since you said Carolina might need a backup.

User avatar
stratocophic
Posts: 2207
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Re: NFL Combine = LSAT

Postby stratocophic » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:43 pm

hank44 wrote:
stratocophic wrote:
hank44 wrote:lol...really think Carolina needs another Rb, huh? Interesting.

TBF, neither Carolina nor the school in Carolina's going to want this RB. Position's more than filled at one, and the college career was too underwhelming for the other's taste.


What in god's name are you talking about lol...I was implying that it didn't sound like you know much about football...since you said Carolina might need a backup.

:lol: I see the confusion. The franchises I referenced also have law schools nearby-ish. Panthers = Duke, Redskins = GTown, Giants = Columbia, Titans = Vanderbilt, Rams = WUSTL. Analogy taken waaaaay too far.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: NFL Combine = LSAT

Postby Knock » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:46 pm

adh07d wrote:that should make Tebow a strong reverse splitter


+1 hahahahaha

rv11
Posts: 174
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:58 am

Re: NFL Combine = LSAT

Postby rv11 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:48 pm

bignoseknowsnoes wrote:
Kretzy wrote:
bignoseknowsnoes wrote:Not sure where you'd like discussion to lead to on this one.... but, perhaps on a related note, I do think law school admissions should function more like a draft out of Undergrad with OCI's and lawyering skill combines, etc.

Note: You could also be drafted out of high school if you're gifted enough.

Discuss.


Um, no, you can't. The NFL's rules prohibiting straight-from-HS players from the draft is in part why the NBA adopted a similar policy.

bitlrc wrote:college career = gpa

combine = lsat

i'd say that's fair


Yup. You aren't getting drafted in the first round if you didn't start for 3 years but ran a 4.3 in the 40. You run a 5.2, and your Heisman looks pretty lackluster.


Well I think in LS admissions you should be able to be drafted straight out of HS. Really, what would 4 years of obligatory "sports marketing" study really contribute to the prospect?


Game experience. NFL is at a much higher speed than the high school level, and without games at the college level it would be impossible to adjust.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: tracy9524, tuesdayninja and 7 guests