question about adderall to prep - no preachy answers please

Lawquacious

Re: question about adderall to prep - no preachy answers please

Postby Lawquacious » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:21 pm

Last edited by Lawquacious on Tue May 25, 2010 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shrimps

Postby Shrimps » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:48 pm

seanrr wrote:where those particular laws are not clearly unjust

What's "not clearly unjust" about the government banning a substance that has a clear and obvious benefit to many people for the sole reason that it may lead to addiction in some? What part of "none of your damn business" do politicians not understand?

is an important ethical principle and one that I believe is implicit to the practice of law.

Not to burst your Matlock bubble, but if you go to a T14 and become a lawyer with a top law firm, you'll spend most of your career minimizing legal damages from clear wrongdoings by rich corporate bastards. As a highly paid lawyer, you should be ready to spend most of your time defending your clients FROM the law, not enforcing the law, you know.

And seriously, you need to prove your point.

My moral/ethical worldview is simple. Liberty and justice should reign supreme, and fuck the law and the politicians.

Disclaimer: I'm not on Adderall, nor do I plan to take any for the test. My RC section is already good enough. On the other hand, if you can recommend any drugs that will make me better at logic games, by all means tell me.

Lawquacious

Postby Lawquacious » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:05 pm

Last edited by Lawquacious on Tue May 25, 2010 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

CMDantes

Postby CMDantes » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:59 pm

Ethical debate ASIDE:

I put this to the test last weekend. I did noticeably better on LG on aderol, but failed miserably on LR. It was not effective at all, you get too bogged down in details and rereading the questions to think about them properly. Reading comprehension was similarly abysmal.

My experience: DO NOT USE ADEROL ON THE LSAT.

nStiver

Postby nStiver » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:17 am

Its a difficult question.

Maybe you have more self control than I did, but I wasted about 5 months of LSAT study on adderall/dexedrine. It gives you this insane rush of confidence like you can conquer the world, climb any mountain, get a 180 on any LSAT, etc etc. Then you look at your answer sheet and realize that you really didn't do any better than normal. The euphoric effects make studying fun, and it does give you uber concentration, but there is too much of an up and down effect for effective pacing or consistent, methodical LSAT performance.

Not to mention that you could eventually become dependent on it to get motivated for studying. Also, you can very easily become addicted or abuse it...remember, these are amphetamines you are dealing with. Just because it is a pill and it comes from your doctor (maybe :P) does not mean that it can not potentially destroy your life. I personally became dependent on them. I just saw it as a way to get a leg up on my studies and get ready for the LSAT. Long story short, things went south fast and I quit after a few months. But thats just me, you might be different.

P.S. I understand where you are coming from, and respect you for wanting to get any edge you can. Hey, you could even be a person who could legitimately benefit from the drug if you take it in a proper, clinical setting. If you find it hard to concentrate, etc, ask your doc about it. If you are legitimately ADD, and have been evaluated by a professional who prescribes you your speed, err, I mean adderall (jk), in a controlled environment, it may be just the thing you need to take your studies to the next level.
:wink:
Be responsible and good luck.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”