LSAT Jump Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
lynnzee

New

LSAT Jump

Post by lynnzee » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:48 pm

I had a root canal (no joke) and was on medication while taking the Sept. LSAT. I ended up getting a 167 which isn't bad but lower than my PT avg of about 174. I took the test again in Feb but I've already been waitlisted by a few schools including GW which I am very interested in. Even if I get a 170+ on the Feb test (which I felt very good about), what are my chances this point? Does it even matter?

My GPA was not very good. 3.11, and so far I've gotten into Minnesota, WUSTL, W&M, and UIUC. Even with a 170+ at this time of year, and my low GPA, would I have any chance at Vandy level and lower T14 schools?

I did know a few people last year with 172+ and lower than 3.2 GPAs (non URM) who got accepted to Gtown, UVA, NU, and Mich. But since it's so late in the game, are my chances basically shot?

*edit*
Also, I wouldn't be able to apply next cycle or else that's what I'd do if the Feb LSAT turned out well.

lynnzee

New

Re: LSAT Jump

Post by lynnzee » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:58 pm

Sorry, I think this is the wrong forum to post it.

I have it over here now at "What are my chances?"

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 9&t=108628

r6_philly

Diamond

Re: LSAT Jump

Post by r6_philly » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:01 pm

if reapplying is not an option, just go ahead and fire off applications to T14's you wish to attend. There is nothing worse than skipping it and then getting a 174 on the test and it would be after the deadlines then. The worst that can happen is you don't get in but you wouldn't if you don't apply anyway. You will not be complete before the feb score makes onto your report anyway, so I don't see any disadvantage in taking a shot or 5. Even if you don't get a higher score, what if you actually could get in with your previous score because they just fall in love with your app somehow? You gotta take some chances in life to get ahead, especially when the downside is only a loss of a few dollars.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”