A book that breaks down Logical Reasoning types of Q's??? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
LSAT_Padawan

New

A book that breaks down Logical Reasoning types of Q's???

Post by LSAT_Padawan » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:36 am

Does anyone have a recommendation for a book that breaks down the Logical Reasoning types of questions? I am currently reviewing a Powerscore Logical Reasoning Bible but I wanted to do more questions to get a feel for the types that I am missing. Thanks!

LSAT_Padawan

New

Re: A book that breaks down Logical Reasoning types of Q's???

Post by LSAT_Padawan » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:51 am

Hey all,

I found this book (http://www.amazon.com/Grouped-Question- ... 0984199713) by reading on another thread. I checked with Barnes & Nobles and they're selling it on $55.00 but its a pre-print order which means B&N does not carry it in any of their warehouses so you have to purchase it and then they'll place the order with the publisher. I just went ahead and bought mine on Amazon for $49.50. I'll let you know if it's helpful.

Shrimps

Bronze

Post by Shrimps » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:57 am

So, your whole point of showing up on this board WAS to plug some product?

LSAT_Padawan

New

Post by LSAT_Padawan » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:06 am

Why is everyone so cynical on this forum? Geezlouise. It's only my two cents. Did it ever occur to you that someone might be in a similar situation as myself? I BOUGHT THE BOOK because I need to improve on the LR section. I HAVE NO VESTED INTERESTS NOR RECEIVE ANY MONETARY COMPENSATION from "plugging" a book. As Conan O'Brien once said on his last airing talk show on the Tonight Show on NBC, "If there's one thing that I hate more, it's cynicism...If you work hard and you are kind, great things will happen to you."

Cheers Shrimps
Last edited by LSAT_Padawan on Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Traciela

New

Post by Traciela » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:11 am

LSAT_Padawan wrote:Why is everyone so cynical on this forum? Geezlouise. It's only my two cents. Did it ever occur to you that someone might be in a similar situation as myself? I BOUGHT THE BOOK because I need to improve on the LR section. I HAVE NO VESTED INTERESTS NOR RECEIVE ANY MONETARY COMPENSATION from "plugging" a book. As Conan O'Brien once said on his last airing talk show on the Tonight Show on NBC, "If there's one thing that I hate more, it's cynicism...If you work hard and you are nice, great things will happen to you."

Cheers Shrimps
Congrats to LSAT_Padawan for finding our book!

And nope, he does not work for our company--I think he's just trying to help other people out. We do, however, appreciate his enthusiasm! :D

FreeGuy

Bronze

Post by FreeGuy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:06 pm

Any plans to make Grouped books for LG and LR in PrepTests 21-40?

Traciela

New

Post by Traciela » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:05 pm

FreeGuy wrote:Any plans to make Grouped books for LG and LR in PrepTests 21-40?
Great question! This is something that we have spent a lot of time thinking about. The original purpose of our GROUPED book series was to give you a collection of problems organized by type for "accuracy" practice without spoiling any of the PrepTests that you were going to use for section "speed" practice or full-length "endurance" practice. Thus, we were a little hesitant at first, given that a series with PrepTests 21-40 would leave only 20 recent PrepTests left. However, we are now leaning towards "Yes" because we realize that most students don't intend to complete every released PrepTest. Unfortunately for those of you taking the LSAT this June, the timeframe for a GROUPED series of PrepTests 21-40 is 6-12 months down the road. Right now we are focusing our efforts on a few other projects, including our new GROUPED by Passage Type book (RC for PrepTests 1-20), which is scheduled to be out next month!
Last edited by Traciela on Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FreeGuy

Bronze

Post by FreeGuy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:18 pm

Good to know. Please keep us posted.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”