PT 29, LG Seciton 3, 7-13 Help

invinciblesuperchan

PT 29, LG Seciton 3, 7-13 Help

Postby invinciblesuperchan » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:28 pm

This doesn't seem to be too difficult of a game, but my problem is with the second rule "Each mannequin wears a hat in a different color from the jacket it wears".

Are we suppose to just assume that this applies to both mannequins? To me the wording makes it sound as if it just applies to them individually and not as a whole. So mannequin 1 just wears a different colored hat and jacket, while mannequin can wear those same colors because they are also both different. So, for example, I thought I could get something like

M1 M2
H:R - R
J:N - N
S:N - N

But that's impossible and it's suppose to be

M1 M2
H:R - N
J:N - R
S:N - N

On something like question 9, I end up getting two possible answer choices that could be right. Anyone else think the wording is weird at all? Or is it just me? I don't see how you can deduce the mannequins wear a different color hat and jacket from each other when it just says "different color from the jacket it wears"

r6_philly

Re: PT 29, LG Seciton 3, 7-13 Help

Postby r6_philly » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:45 pm

because there is only one ONE hat and ONE jacket and ONE skirt in EACH color. Line 3-5 in the first paragraph. Sometimes the rules of the game are not listed but contained in the passage.

Which is why when I do my set up I actually write out what's available to be distributed.

I wrote

Hn Hr Hy
Jn Jr Jy
Sn Sr Sy
Tr

that's 10 articles of clothing you have to choose from. I also circle them when they are not available so you know what else to chose from.

invinciblesuperchan

Re: PT 29, LG Seciton 3, 7-13 Help

Postby invinciblesuperchan » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:51 am

Thanks. You're totally right. I can't believe that I didn't get that. I had actually wrote that same exact thing in my diagram but overlooked the fact... I'll need to be more careful from now on...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”