Analog Timer wrist watch for the LSAT

am060459
Posts: 609
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:14 am

Re: Analog Timer wrist watch for the LSAT

Postby am060459 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:52 pm

LawPlz wrote:I bought one of the watches a few months ago, and they're great! She provides great communication via emails for the specifics you want on your watch. She also sent me a nice little card along with the watch :)


how long did it take for you to get your watch?

i live in NYC so im close to her.

User avatar
stintez
Posts: 307
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:55 pm

Re: Analog Timer wrist watch for the LSAT

Postby stintez » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:08 pm

Just ordered mine about 30 seconds ago. My friend said it was a waste of money but hey it will defiantly make things a lot easier. Plus god for bid $24 should break the bank for something that will help. One less headache is the way I look at it. Thanks.

sharpnsmooth
Posts: 141
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:41 pm

Re: Analog Timer wrist watch for the LSAT

Postby sharpnsmooth » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:11 pm

eupelia wrote:I've created website where you can get more information on the watch that I make for folks like me who need a way to have a wristwatch timer in the LSAT exam.

http://lsatwatch.webs.com


Thanks everyone


i have bought this watch from this very seller for my personal lsat. it is a great purchase. i'd just advise to purchase it well before your test to practice full tests with it. i forgot to set it for one of my sections, and it will throw you off cause you cannot see the time. fortunately, it was logic games and i have always been able to finish those in 25 minutes. all in all, though this is a brilliant invention, and in my opinion gives you an advantage over other test takers by saving you a solid 3 seconds every time you check your watch. moreover, you can focus your thinking solely on the exam and not doing math like 35 - 18 minutes means i have 17 minutes left, which takes a little bit more mental resources than it probably should.

User avatar
stintez
Posts: 307
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:55 pm

Re: Analog Timer wrist watch for the LSAT

Postby stintez » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:14 pm

sharpnsmooth wrote:
eupelia wrote:I've created website where you can get more information on the watch that I make for folks like me who need a way to have a wristwatch timer in the LSAT exam.

http://lsatwatch.webs.com


Thanks everyone


i have bought this watch from this very seller for my personal lsat. it is a great purchase. i'd just advise to purchase it well before your test to practice full tests with it. i forgot to set it for one of my sections, and it will throw you off cause you cannot see the time. fortunately, it was logic games and i have always been able to finish those in 25 minutes. all in all, though this is a brilliant invention, and in my opinion gives you an advantage over other test takers by saving you a solid 3 seconds every time you check your watch. moreover, you can focus your thinking solely on the exam and not doing math like 35 - 18 minutes means i have 17 minutes left, which takes a little bit more mental resources than it probably should.


I just bought one via pay pal less than 5 minutes ago I live in cincinnati how long do you think it will take to get to me a week or so?

sharpnsmooth
Posts: 141
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:41 pm

Re: Analog Timer wrist watch for the LSAT

Postby sharpnsmooth » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:16 pm

suspicious android wrote:i used an analog stopwatch, had no problems with proctors.


way to admit cheating. that gives you an unfair advantage over every other test taker. this is exactly why LSAC's rules and regulations inherently defeat what they're trying to do... create an = testing environment. those who cheat, and don't get caught get ahead. if everyone could have a digital watch, everyone can have the same opportunity. and if you're smart enough to cheat with only a watch, i'm sorry, but you're probably going to be successful anyway.

sharpnsmooth
Posts: 141
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:41 pm

Re: Analog Timer wrist watch for the LSAT

Postby sharpnsmooth » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:16 pm

stintez wrote:
sharpnsmooth wrote:
eupelia wrote:I've created website where you can get more information on the watch that I make for folks like me who need a way to have a wristwatch timer in the LSAT exam.

http://lsatwatch.webs.com


Thanks everyone


i have bought this watch from this very seller for my personal lsat. it is a great purchase. i'd just advise to purchase it well before your test to practice full tests with it. i forgot to set it for one of my sections, and it will throw you off cause you cannot see the time. fortunately, it was logic games and i have always been able to finish those in 25 minutes. all in all, though this is a brilliant invention, and in my opinion gives you an advantage over other test takers by saving you a solid 3 seconds every time you check your watch. moreover, you can focus your thinking solely on the exam and not doing math like 35 - 18 minutes means i have 17 minutes left, which takes a little bit more mental resources than it probably should.


I just bought one via pay pal less than 5 minutes ago I live in cincinnati how long do you think it will take to get to me a week or so?


i got mine in under a week. this is a reliable seller.

User avatar
suspicious android
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: Analog Timer wrist watch for the LSAT

Postby suspicious android » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:05 pm

sharpnsmooth wrote:way to admit cheating. that gives you an unfair advantage over every other test taker. this is exactly why LSAC's rules and regulations inherently defeat what they're trying to do... create an = testing environment. those who cheat, and don't get caught get ahead. if everyone could have a digital watch, everyone can have the same opportunity. and if you're smart enough to cheat with only a watch, i'm sorry, but you're probably going to be successful anyway.


What the hell are you talking about? Analog stopwatches aren't against the rules.

User avatar
eupelia
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:59 pm

Re: Analog Timer wrist watch for the LSAT

Postby eupelia » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:11 pm

Hi! I usually make the watches very quickly -- But I am super picky so I definitely take my time to do it right, so it's not instantly mailed out. But it's especially fast if you do not have any custom features. For example, any orders I got for this week will ship out tomorrow via USPS priority, which takes 2-3 business days, but 2 days if you are midwest/east coast.
I love doing this, it's like a hobby. I used to make greeting cards, but I kind of found them pointless...this is much more fulfilling. Each watch takes me 1-2 hours to do, but it's worth it.

Here is a picture of me working on the watches on the dining room table which has been taken over by these watches. I now eat in front of the TV because who wants to stare at their food while they eat anyway? As you can see, I found a GIANT MONACLE-- which I promptly bought!!! it is awesome and hangs from your neck with old-lady eyeglass ropes, and props up on your boobs, and has a little light on the undercarriage. Yes, I look like a total geek using it, but with it I can see the tiniest details which helps because I'm super anal-retentive...but I'm sure no one here understands what that's like lol

--ImageRemoved--

IBThatGuy
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:44 pm

Re: Analog Timer wrist watch for the LSAT

Postby IBThatGuy » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:52 pm

Perjury wrote:Image



The packaging explicitly states that the watch is suitable for hand washing. I tried, but it didn't work any better than when I rub other watches on my hands.

User avatar
eupelia
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:59 pm

Re: Analog Timer wrist watch for the LSAT

Postby eupelia » Sun May 02, 2010 12:28 am

IBThatGuy wrote:
Perjury wrote:Image



The packaging explicitly states that the watch is suitable for hand washing. I tried, but it didn't work any better than when I rub other watches on my hands.


LOL-- That was a good one, I got a decent belly laugh out of it!!

oh my gosh have you had a change of heart?!? I think that is the first nice/funny comment I've seen you make on this thread!!! :) the dark side is losing it's grip on you!

motiontodismiss
Posts: 870
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:36 pm

Re: Analog Timer wrist watch for the LSAT

Postby motiontodismiss » Sun May 02, 2010 6:35 pm

sharpnsmooth wrote:
suspicious android wrote:i used an analog stopwatch, had no problems with proctors.


way to admit cheating. that gives you an unfair advantage over every other test taker. this is exactly why LSAC's rules and regulations inherently defeat what they're trying to do... create an = testing environment. those who cheat, and don't get caught get ahead. if everyone could have a digital watch, everyone can have the same opportunity. and if you're smart enough to cheat with only a watch, i'm sorry, but you're probably going to be successful anyway.


You have to wonder why the hell they don't allow digital timers though.

User avatar
quickquestionthanks
Posts: 629
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:30 pm

Re: Analog Timer wrist watch for the LSAT

Postby quickquestionthanks » Sun May 02, 2010 6:55 pm

I'm going to reiterate that you can just use a regular analog watch and set it to the :25 min or :35 minute depending on the length of the section, push in the button when they say go, watch the minute hand count down to the X o clock position.

Use your brain. Save your money.

User avatar
BigA
Posts: 448
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:22 am

Re: Analog Timer wrist watch for the LSAT

Postby BigA » Mon May 03, 2010 4:46 pm

eupelia wrote:Hi! I usually make the watches very quickly -- But I am super picky so I definitely take my time to do it right, so it's not instantly mailed out. But it's especially fast if you do not have any custom features. For example, any orders I got for this week will ship out tomorrow via USPS priority, which takes 2-3 business days, but 2 days if you are midwest/east coast.
I love doing this, it's like a hobby. I used to make greeting cards, but I kind of found them pointless...this is much more fulfilling. Each watch takes me 1-2 hours to do, but it's worth it.

Here is a picture of me working on the watches on the dining room table which has been taken over by these watches. I now eat in front of the TV because who wants to stare at their food while they eat anyway? As you can see, I found a GIANT MONACLE-- which I promptly bought!!! it is awesome and hangs from your neck with old-lady eyeglass ropes, and props up on your boobs, and has a little light on the undercarriage. Yes, I look like a total geek using it, but with it I can see the tiniest details which helps because I'm super anal-retentive...but I'm sure no one here understands what that's like lol

--ImageRemoved--


Man, what Loo-hoo-hoo-hoo-ser. :wink: Kidding! Got the watch today. It is great. thanks.

User avatar
BigA
Posts: 448
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:22 am

Re: Analog Timer wrist watch for the LSAT

Postby BigA » Mon May 03, 2010 4:49 pm

quickquestionthanks wrote:I'm going to reiterate that you can just use a regular analog watch and set it to the :25 min or :35 minute depending on the length of the section, push in the button when they say go, watch the minute hand count down to the X o clock position.

Use your brain. Save your money.


People like this really need to see your note about how the LSAT is about good energy and positive thoughts. Then they'd get it!

User avatar
madmartigan
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:55 pm

Re: Analog Timer wrist watch for the LSAT

Postby madmartigan » Mon May 03, 2010 5:32 pm

fwiw. I just bought a huge analog watch, made a stand for it (so it was upright and easy to read), then I drew lines with a marker at the 8:45 marks.

lots of people said they liked my big watch better than the wristwatch size.

lsatgenius
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:13 am

Re: Analog Timer wrist watch for the LSAT

Postby lsatgenius » Tue May 04, 2010 1:38 pm

~$25 including shipping for a watch that has no use after the LSAT. Good concept, but not sure about the price.

User avatar
HiLine
Posts: 210
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:57 am

Re: Analog Timer wrist watch for the LSAT

Postby HiLine » Tue May 04, 2010 1:40 pm

lsatgenius wrote:~$25 including shipping for a watch that has no use after the LSAT. Good concept, but not sure about the price.


$1500 for a course that has no use after the LSAT. Sure about the price?

User avatar
eupelia
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:59 pm

Re: Analog Timer wrist watch for the LSAT

Postby eupelia » Tue May 04, 2010 8:40 pm

BigA wrote:
--ImageRemoved--

Man, what Loo-hoo-hoo-hoo-ser. :wink: Kidding! Got the watch today. It is great. thanks.



Hey man, no hard feelings, you're just calling it as you see it!

Glad you like it!! I still say you should have gone for the picture of a pair of boobies. Then it would TOTALLY be worth $25. =)

User avatar
tartugas
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:43 pm

Re: Analog Timer wrist watch for the LSAT

Postby tartugas » Wed May 05, 2010 3:57 pm

Just received mine the other day and I am very, very happy with it.

I won't try to address all the questions/criticisms mentioned so far but here's a few items that I think are relevant:

1. I think the watch is fantastic. Large easy to read numbers and easy to operate. Frankly I felt that bringing in a watch with a movable bezel (the band around the outside) wasn't going to work for me, and Eupelia's product has a cleaner, simpler watchface that I feel is better than a normal watchface for this purpose.

2. Eupelia is fantastically nice and super quick to respond. I placed the order on Saturday morning (after having asked a few questions the previous couple of days) and had the watch Monday morning (can't promise everyone will have the same turnaround some people might have to wait a couple more days).

3. Having the watch now allows me to practice with it before heading into the test. So it's not just a 1 time use gadget for me. For the price (<$30) it's certainly worth the investment to me.

4. Ya don't like it, don't buy it. If you hate the product - keep it to yourself. The principles of free speech don't imply that you should share every opinion you have, especially if you haven't actually purchased the product. Now if you have bought it and you don't like it, then your opinion carries a little more weight, but I've yet to see someone hate on the watch who's actually bought one.

Thanks Again Eupelia. Great product, and don't worry about the card... I'll be okay.

am060459
Posts: 609
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:14 am

Re: Analog Timer wrist watch for the LSAT

Postby am060459 » Thu May 06, 2010 1:13 pm

I JUST GOT THE WATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its awesome. cant wait to use it. thank you so much Claudette.

watch came with a nice message that i appreciate a lot.

shoop
Posts: 327
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:52 pm

Re: Analog Timer wrist watch for the LSAT

Postby shoop » Thu May 13, 2010 4:53 pm

I've seen comments both ways on this, so I'll ask here:

I've been timing my practice sections with my boyfriend's fancy-pants analog chronograph. It has hands and no digital screen, but it has a start/stop timing button and a button to reset the timing dials back to "0."

Is this allowed on the day of the test? I feel it meets the "analog (nondigital) wristwatch" description on the LSAC site, but I won't really be able to just throw it away if a proctor objects (I'm bringing more than "3 or 4 non-mechanical pencils" but would have no problem tossing the extras in a bin if a sandy-vagina'ed proctor has a hiss).

User avatar
juevonate
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:18 am

Re: Analog Timer wrist watch for the LSAT

Postby juevonate » Fri May 14, 2010 11:12 am

Wait...does this watch automatically reset the second hand? That's the biggest issue I've been having...since it's hard to be precise, and I'm not sure how my watch handles an out of sync second hand.

User avatar
ehaller
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 2:41 pm

Re: Analog Timer wrist watch for the LSAT

Postby ehaller » Fri May 14, 2010 4:41 pm

I just bought one. You haters be craaaazy. It costs less than a pizza, and it's obviously super useful. I don't want any more information than exactly what I need on test day, and this is exactly that. :mrgreen:

User avatar
alicrimson
Posts: 923
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: Analog Timer wrist watch for the LSAT

Postby alicrimson » Fri May 14, 2010 10:42 pm

I just bought one as well and am super psyched. This will not only help for June, but I'm glad I'm getting it to practice with for October. I only wish I would have purchased it sooner for better practice. Oh well...better late than never. :D

User avatar
BigA
Posts: 448
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:22 am

Re: Analog Timer wrist watch for the LSAT

Postby BigA » Sat May 15, 2010 4:15 pm

juevonate wrote:Wait...does this watch automatically reset the second hand? That's the biggest issue I've been having...since it's hard to be precise, and I'm not sure how my watch handles an out of sync second hand.


Funny, this thread turns up in my inbox: "topic reply notification - Anal..." I thought, what kind of forums have I been on?

No, if you get the stopfoot then there is no second hand. If you get without the stopfoot, then I'm not sure. Might be a good idea though.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 1 guest