Analog Timer wrist watch for the LSAT

suspicious android

Re: Analog Timer wrist watch for the LSAT

Postby suspicious android » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:52 am

i used an analog stopwatch, had no problems with proctors.

Knock

Postby Knock » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:12 am

So I received my watch in the mail today. I'll post a quick review and I may come back after I've had more practice with it.

I am completely satisfied with this purchase, and I have to say it is one of the best purchase I've made towards the LSAT. Just knowing that I don't have to worry about timing is one less thing I have to worry about. The watch itself feels fairly sturdy and decent in quality, its your basic $20 watch. I have no worry about it holding up. I don't normally wear a watch, so it feels a little weird on my wrist, but overall comfortable and secure. In terms of function, the watch works easily and extremely clearly. No worrying about setting my watch to 11:25 or whatever it is some people do and then try and figure out the timing. One glance at my watch and its instantly clear where I stand time-wise. I got the blue/green alternating colors so I can easily tell where I should be. As far as customer service, I e-mailed back and forth to Claudette a few times to select my custom options, and she was extremely friendly and helpful. My watch also came with a nice typed letter, which I felt was a nice touch. In the letter were the instructions, and there were only a few things to make a note of. If you get a stop-foot (which I recommend, makes it really easy and quick to reset) there are a few things to be aware of, such as treating winding it gently and not slamming the minute hand into the stop-foot and pulling the knob out when you reach zero or are done using the timer. Overall, I feel like this was a great investment, and I couldn't recommend it more. Great bang for my buck, and I couldn't think of a better way to spend $25 to improve my LSAT score. One thing I might recommend though is paying the extra $3 and getting the case. I want to protect this investment so I'm going to have to figure out a fairly safe place to keep it where it won't get nicked or scratched up.

--ImageRemoved-- (LinkRemoved)

eupelia

Postby eupelia » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:34 pm

That was the sweetest message ever!!!

eupelia

Postby eupelia » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:47 pm

Also, I may as well say to the folks who are interested, I have free LSAT books too that I have left over, I have the Power Score Logical reasoning bible, I have the LSAT lesson book from Kaplan, I have 10 Actual Official PTs, The Next 10 Actual Official PT's, PTs 54, 53, 56 and 58, the Big Orange book of LSAT questions from Kaplan with over 5000 questions and explanations, then the 2009 Kaplan Pacing practice book, and the Atlas LSAT Games strategy book, which was awesome. I have had these and like 10 other books posted for free for weeks now and it is just way too hard to get it organized because people don't know how to send me the shipping cost on paypal or they think I'm a robber, so if you're going to order a watch anyway and you need one of these, I'd be glad to include it in there if you pay the shipping difference (some of these books are HEAVY, like 500 pages so I can't front cost it would be like an extra $8 for the weight of the big books, but the smaller books maybe $4.)

It would probably easier to arrange if you're getting a watch anyway than if I'm posting randomly on a board and people are thinking I'm trying to scam them by offering up free books.

makingwaves

Postby makingwaves » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:00 pm

eupelia wrote:Also, I may as well say to the folks who are interested, I have free LSAT books too that I have left over, I have the Power Score Logical reasoning bible, I have the LSAT lesson book from Kaplan, I have 10 Actual Official PTs, The Next 10 Actual Official PT's, PTs 54, 53, 56 and 58, the Big Orange book of LSAT questions from Kaplan with over 5000 questions and explanations, then the 2009 Kaplan Pacing practice book, and the Atlas LSAT Games strategy book, which was awesome. I have had these and like 10 other books posted for free for weeks now and it is just way too hard to get it organized because people don't know how to send me the shipping cost on paypal or they think I'm a robber, so if you're going to order a watch anyway and you need one of these, I'd be glad to include it in there if you pay the shipping difference (some of these books are HEAVY, like 500 pages so I can't front cost it would be like an extra $8 for the weight of the big books, but the smaller books maybe $4.)

It would probably easier to arrange if you're getting a watch anyway than if I'm posting randomly on a board and people are thinking I'm trying to scam them by offering up free books.

Flat rate Priority Mail boxes are probably the best way to go for mailing those books...up to 70lbs is the same price and you can pick them up for free at the post office!

eupelia

Postby eupelia » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:48 pm

I weighed the Big Orange book for someone last night and it was 8 lbs. Crazzzy. Sure enough the cheapest option was the flat rate large box. Anyway that means the orange one may be spoken for.

But, I STILL HAVE A NEARLY NEW POWER SCORE LOGICAL REASONING BIBLE THAT NO ONE HAS TAKEN! I swear I am not trying to steal your $4. ;) (The best way to reach me is through the Contact Us form on my website, because I rarely log on here. I would put up my email but bots would find it and spam me to death)

No one has claimed any of the other either. But a bunch of people did buy one of my watches, I made them this morning and I hope you LOVE them and they bring you tons of luck!!!!

Perjury

Postby Perjury » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:56 pm

eupelia wrote:I weighed the Big Orange book for someone last night and it was 8 lbs. Crazzzy. Sure enough the cheapest option was the flat rate large box. Anyway that means the orange one may be spoken for.

But, I STILL HAVE A NEARLY NEW POWER SCORE LOGICAL REASONING BIBLE THAT NO ONE HAS TAKEN! I swear I am not trying to steal your $4. ;) (The best way to reach me is through the Contact Us form on my website, because I rarely log on here. I would put up my email but bots would find it and spam me to death)

No one has claimed any of the other either. But a bunch of people did buy one of my watches, I made them this morning and I hope you LOVE them and they bring you tons of luck!!!!

Watch this video, this is what alot of people think of your watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZF7BYFR6xg&feature=player_embedded

AustinJim

Postby AustinJim » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:58 pm

Perjury wrote:
eupelia wrote:

"Haters gon' hate." I really can't understand her promoting these watches arouses such antipathy. The price she is selling them for is very reasonable, and they are useful. I just got mine in the mail yesterday, and I am completely satisfied with it. Not to mention the fact that Claudette is super super nice. I would much rather pay 20 dollars than go to the trouble of doing this myself. I'm not surprised that these forums are full of assholes, though I am a little surprised by just how much anger some people out there have towards complete strangers. Sad.

Perjury

Postby Perjury » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:09 pm

AustinJim wrote:
Perjury wrote:
eupelia wrote:

"Haters gon' hate." I really can't understand her promoting these watches arouses such antipathy. The price she is selling them for is very reasonable, and they are useful. I just got mine in the mail yesterday, and I am completely satisfied with it. Not to mention the fact that Claudette is super super nice. I would much rather pay 20 dollars than go to the trouble of doing this myself. I'm not surprised that these forums are full of assholes, though I am a little surprised by just how much anger some people out there have towards complete strangers. Sad.

Claudette stop coming up with multiple ID's to promote your watch. Its pointless. Its not going to take off, think of something better.

chewdak

Postby chewdak » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:39 pm

Perjury wrote:Claudette stop coming up with multiple ID's to promote your watch. Its pointless. Its not going to take off, think of something better.

You are so full of crap you think everyone and everything stinks.
Claudette is pretty awesome.
She actually enjoys helping others.
There really are people like her, and, of course, there really are cynical pricks like you.
Thank you for helping to keep things in perspective, or it might get too Pollyannish around here.

HiLine

Postby HiLine » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:20 pm

Perjury, that is a very bad joke.

AustinJim

Postby AustinJim » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:13 pm

Dude, I sincerely hope that one day you can find real happiness in your life. Best of luck.

eupelia

Postby eupelia » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:13 pm

Update We did contact LSAC about the analog watch allowances and the news is great.

So we asked if the numbering on the face mattered because I changed it to instead of showing the hours, it shows minutes so that it helps me know how much time is left in the section and did that matter at all, and I asked if pictures on the watch face matter like how there might be a Mickey mouse on a watch face (because some people like little pictures or smileys on there or something).

They answered that as long as it just has a minute hand, second hand and hour hand, that was fine.

So, then just to be REALLY clear we asked if I could remove the hour hand because it obstructs the view of the minute hand and I did not want distractions, and they said that was fine!!!

angiej

Postby angiej » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:19 pm

So what, just reset it to 35 minutes between sections while the proctor is reading the next sections instructions? Or does it reset to 35 minutes after the last 35 minute section is over?

Knock

Postby Knock » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:25 pm

angiej wrote:So what, just reset it to 35 minutes between sections while the proctor is reading the next sections instructions? Or does it reset to 35 minutes after the last 35 minute section is over?

You have to manually reset it in between sections.

Perjury

Postby Perjury » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:07 pm

I fail to see how this is so much different or "better " from a regular 10 dollar analog watch...

Why this watch is useless:

1.) After your done with the LSAT this watch goes in the trash (17-20 dollars gone).

2.) You can't use it as a regular watch to tell time before or after the LSAT if you take public transportation to the exam to check the time (can't bring cell phones)

3.)With a regular 10 dollar analog watch or even a 30 dollar analog watch you can set it to 11:25 and when it hits 12:00 you will know the 35 minutes is up and you have a analog watch to keep (no money lost)

4.) If you are not happy with the 11:25 to 12:00 setup as this LSAT watch only offers, you could set it to 12:00 and when it hits 12:35 you will know the 35 minutes is up.

-These two different setups are available on a regular analog watch

This LSAT watch is a complete failure.

I guess the 17-20 dollars goes towards the coloring and smiley face... :lol:

pinkzeppelin

Postby pinkzeppelin » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:22 pm

Perjury wrote:I fail to see how this is so much different or "better " from a regular 10 dollar analog watch...

1.) After your done with the LSAT this watch goes in the trash (17-20 dollars gone).

2.) You can't use it as a regular watch to tell time before or after the LSAT if you take public transportation to the exam to check the time (can't bring cell phones)

3.)With a regular 10 dollar analog watch or even a 30 dollar analog watch you can set it to 11:25 and when it hits 12:00 you will know the 35 minutes is up and you have a analog watch to keep (no money lost)

4.) If you are not happy with the 11:25 to 12:00 setup as this LSAT watch only offers, you could set it to 12:00 and when it hits 12:35 you will know the 35 minutes is up.

On that note, I don't understand why people want watches.

1) Watches eventually break, and once they break, you have to throw them out (and you're out 30 or so dollars!)

2) Watches aren't made of stone

3) With a regular stone sun dial you can tell the time using the position of the sun! You know that it's noon when the shadow faces the same direction as the point (no money lost)

4) If you're unhappy with the way the sun dial points, you can just spin it around!!

-these two setups are available on a regular stone sun dial

A watch is a complete failure... I guess the money goes into those fancy bands used to hold em on your wrist.

angiej

Postby angiej » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:52 pm

pinkzeppelin wrote:
Perjury wrote:I fail to see how this is so much different or "better " from a regular 10 dollar analog watch...

1) Watches eventually break, and once they break, you have to throw them out (and you're out 30 or so dollars!)

3) With a regular stone sun dial you can tell the time using the position of the sun! You know that it's noon when the shadow faces the same direction as the point (no money lost)

4) If you're unhappy with the way the sun dial points, you can just spin it around!!

A watch is a complete failure... I guess the money goes into those fancy bands used to hold em on your wrist.

This is HYSTERICAL!!! I started giggling in the middle of class thanks to you! :lol:

Perjury

Postby Perjury » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:57 pm

pinkzeppelin wrote:

LOL...This rebuttal is a complete failure. :lol:

FreeGuy

Postby FreeGuy » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:01 pm

This just convinced me to sell my shares in Rolex and invest in the sundial industry.

Perjury

Postby Perjury » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:18 pm

http://lsatwatch.webs.com/ wrote:The watch is a brand new watch with a long-life battery. This is the exact same watch that I purchased and modified for my exam date and I liked it so much that I decided to use that as the base for the watches I make.
The actual printable area of the dial is about 30mm, which is a perfect size for nice clear numbers. The watch face is big enough that you can wear it on your wrist or the watch can be seated in front of you just beyond your test booklet.
The straps of the watch allow it to sit propped up so the watch face is oriented towards you like an easel.

Did you get permission from the original watch manufacturer to modify and re-sell their watches?

Hmmm.....seems like laws are being broken. :wink:
Last edited by Perjury on Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Perjury

Postby Perjury » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:13 pm

$20.00 with case

vs.

--ImageRemoved--

$10.00 with case
Last edited by Perjury on Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:34 am, edited 3 times in total.

HiLine

Postby HiLine » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:01 pm

pinkzeppelin wrote:

This has got to be post-of-the-day. :mrgreen:

Knock

Postby Knock » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:05 pm

HiLine wrote:
pinkzeppelin wrote:

This has got to be post-of-the-day. :mrgreen:

Hahaha, I agree :P

pinkzeppelin

Postby pinkzeppelin » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:03 am

Perjury wrote:Modifying your own hardware and reselling it is a Federal Crime.

In addition those who are buying your LSAT watches can face Federal Charges too, whether or not they knew how it was made.

What you are doing violates the Digital Millennium Copyright Act:
http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf

Your Federal Crime specifically falls under:
Copyright Infringement - As a general matter, copyright infringement occurs when a copyrighted work is reproduced, distributed, performed, publicly displayed, or made into a derivative work without the permission of the copyright owner.
http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-definitions.html

From what I hear Federal Prisons are not the friendliest of places.

Cheers! :P

This is utter fail.

Please reread the definition of copyright.
Last edited by pinkzeppelin on Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”