Analog Timer wrist watch for the LSAT Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Nulli Secundus

Gold

Re: Analog Timer wrist watch for the LSAT

Post by Nulli Secundus » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:45 pm

From seeing this thread and all the positive replies praising the performance and utility of this product, one might think adding 35 to a number from 0 to 59 was actually a hard thing to do, for people over undergraduate level. :lol: :lol: :lol:

hotdog123

Bronze

Post by hotdog123 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:48 pm

It's been almost 6 weeks and I haven't received my watch yet. Starting to lose faith.

yoojin0319

New

Post by yoojin0319 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:26 am

no international shipping??

Precessional

New

Post by Precessional » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:32 am

DonnyMost wrote:It's been almost 6 weeks and I haven't received my watch yet. Starting to lose faith.
Thanks for this update. Was thinking of buying the watch, but am leaning otherwise after your bad experience.

lennonist

Bronze

Post by lennonist » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:24 am

I am going to remove the hands on an old watch with a chronograph (they get in the way of chrono's little dial). Pushing is still more convenient than rewinding.

Stellar invention, nevertheless :)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Albatross

Bronze

Post by Albatross » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:34 pm

I would recommend not using a watch. Supposed you look at your watch fifteen times per section for about 2 seconds per look. Not to mention the fact that it would force you to lose concentration each time, pardon the pun. If you were to lose ~2 minutes in a section thinking about the time, you are put at a fairly large disadvantage. During those ~2 minutes you would be better off answering questions that might stump you, or look back at questions you were unsure about.

suspicious android

Silver

Post by suspicious android » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:24 pm

Albatross wrote:I would recommend not using a watch. Supposed you look at your watch fifteen times per section for about 2 seconds per look. Not to mention the fact that it would force you to lose concentration each time, pardon the pun. If you were to lose ~2 minutes in a section thinking about the time, you are put at a fairly large disadvantage. During those ~2 minutes you would be better off answering questions that might stump you, or look back at questions you were unsure about.
I don't think these are safe assumptions. During the first 30 minutes of a section, I look at my watch maybe 3-4 times, and it's more like .5 seconds, not 2 seconds. And there's no loss of concentration, since it's between questions, not within questions. The last 5 minutes of a section is when the watch is really helpful, knowing you have exactly 30 seconds to do the last question is great.

Jack Smirks

Silver

Post by Jack Smirks » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:58 pm

Is this watch still available or not?

Albatross

Bronze

Post by Albatross » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:15 pm

suspicious android wrote:
Albatross wrote:I would recommend not using a watch. Supposed you look at your watch fifteen times per section for about 2 seconds per look. Not to mention the fact that it would force you to lose concentration each time, pardon the pun. If you were to lose ~2 minutes in a section thinking about the time, you are put at a fairly large disadvantage. During those ~2 minutes you would be better off answering questions that might stump you, or look back at questions you were unsure about.
I don't think these are safe assumptions. During the first 30 minutes of a section, I look at my watch maybe 3-4 times, and it's more like .5 seconds, not 2 seconds. And there's no loss of concentration, since it's between questions, not within questions. The last 5 minutes of a section is when the watch is really helpful, knowing you have exactly 30 seconds to do the last question is great.
Which is why you get a 5 minutes warning. I noticed it distracted me during prep, so I didn't wear it to the exam. The way I see it, any time not spent focused on a particular question is time wasted.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

hotdog123

Bronze

Post by hotdog123 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:30 am

Precessional wrote:
DonnyMost wrote:It's been almost 6 weeks and I haven't received my watch yet. Starting to lose faith.
Thanks for this update. Was thinking of buying the watch, but am leaning otherwise after your bad experience.
To the OP's credit, I have received a response and they are working on a quick solution.

I appear to be the victim of bad luck, moreso than bad business practices.

Rosem80

New

Post by Rosem80 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:53 pm

Hmmm I ordered mine on the 12th of July before seeing the posting on her website about July and August being a slow processing time. I've sent two emails and have yet to hear a response.

HiLine

Bronze

Post by HiLine » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:13 pm

DonnyMost wrote: To the OP's credit, I have received a response and they are working on a quick solution.

I appear to be the victim of bad luck, moreso than bad business practices.
That's what tracking information is for. :D

Rosem80

New

Post by Rosem80 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:05 pm

When you place an order there's no confirmation, just a paypal receipt.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Rosem80

New

Post by Rosem80 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:18 pm

Just as an update I've received several emails from the seller and my watch should be shipping this weekend :P

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:33 pm

I think the answer to this depends entirely on the individual. I'm considering buying this watch, but I'm afraid that I'm going to be one of those individuals who just checks his watch after every question. Timing isn't really an issue with me, so I think this would do me more harm than good. However, I can see how this watch would be useful to the disciplined mind.

ninjasrule

New

Post by ninjasrule » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:55 am

Rosem80 wrote:Just as an update I've received several emails from the seller and my watch should be shipping this weekend :P

Same here.

June09Sucked

New

Post by June09Sucked » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:16 am

Did you all end up getting your watches? I was about to order 2 but am concerned about the shipping time.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Jack Smirks

Silver

Post by Jack Smirks » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:32 am

I just ordered a watch, I hope I get it soon!

Jack Smirks

Silver

Post by Jack Smirks » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:02 pm

How long does it take usually for the watch to arrive? 2-3 weeks? More/less?

ninjasrule

New

Post by ninjasrule » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:45 pm

Mine just shipped Aug. 11th, and I'm hoping to get it before I leave for school again.

gdane

Diamond

Post by gdane » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:42 pm

I typed in "LSAT Watch" on Ebay and I got this:

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=last+w ... tch&_rdc=1

Think Ebay's trying to tell me something with that first one? :| :| :|

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

sharpnsmooth

Bronze

Post by sharpnsmooth » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:47 am

3|ink wrote:
I think the answer to this depends entirely on the individual. I'm considering buying this watch, but I'm afraid that I'm going to be one of those individuals who just checks his watch after every question. Timing isn't really an issue with me, so I think this would do me more harm than good. However, I can see how this watch would be useful to the disciplined mind.
If you can't have the self control to not keep looking at your watch, how can you expect to have the self control to remain cool under pressure?

Not wearing a watch is just plain stupid. Prepping for the LSAT is not only taking practice tests, and learning approaches... it's training yourself psychologically.

eupelia

New

Post by eupelia » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:41 pm

FYI: I just got to Florida after a 28 hour drive yay!
I'm the person who makes the watches and wanted you to know my fiancé is doing the moving so I can make watches. I have orientation Monday but Tuesday & Wednesday are for making watches. Should be caught up soon but then I'm getting married on august 28th so any orders that come in that week will be about two weeks to get.

Please note I now use Casio watches as the watch base and the feedback is excellent. (I had some watch supplier issues in the past! Glad to be past that!)

ok time to go unload the 22 foot penske!!!!!

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:01 pm

sharpnsmooth wrote: If you can't have the self control to not keep looking at your watch, how can you expect to have the self control to remain cool under pressure?

Not wearing a watch is just plain stupid. Prepping for the LSAT is not only taking practice tests, and learning approaches... it's training yourself psychologically.
Because having self control over the former doesn't necessitate the latter, or vice versa.

Theoretically, all a watch tells you is how fast/slow you are performing. Experience alone should tell you this anyway. Thus, looking at a watch only affirms that your feelings are accurate or inaccurate. If you find that you have to ration your time, knowing exactly how much time is left isn't necessarily helpful.

eupelia

New

Post by eupelia » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:45 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm the one that sells these watches. Just wanted to let you know that effective Sunday when I return from Indy a freshly-married woman, all watches will begin shipping out within two business days of the order date again. Thanks so much for your well-wishes and patience during this time, I appreciated it so much. Its great to be all moved in, (almost) married, and in law school!

Off I go to get married!
Claudette

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”