Analog Timer wrist watch for the LSAT Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
eupelia

New

Re: Analog Timer wrist watch for the LSAT

Post by eupelia » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:28 pm

Whoops, I was just notified that the test is the 9th, -- I thought it was the 2nd!

So just disregard everything I said about overnighting being required at this point. I can get any orders that are submitted by Monday Oct 4th out in the mail on Tuesday so that Priority mail should get them there by Friday. However, I do warn that the USPS Priority service is "2-3 business day standard" but if they accidentally take longer you have no recourse with them because they don't guarantee that service.

I was really surprised to find that out. They won't even give you a refund of the extra postage you paid to have it go priority, can you believe it?
Last edited by eupelia on Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eupelia

New

Post by eupelia » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:52 pm

Sandro777 wrote:I ordered my watch sent to my house in Florida... was all excited for it to come Saturday.... then I looked online and saw it was shipped via USPS and i have all my mail forwarded to GA... hopefully i can get it back to FL in time.
I live in Tampa! You can stop by and come get one if it doesn't show up! I've had people do it before! How will you get it from Georgia??

That sucks. If you want to pay for the $4.95 shipping, I will send you another watch free to your FL address in good faith and when you get the first one you can just return it to me? But you have to give me an address that won't be forwarded, like someone else at your address whose name is not in the forwarding database.

pbrazill

New

Post by pbrazill » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:51 am

I just bought one!

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:28 am

eupelia wrote:
Sandro777 wrote:I ordered my watch sent to my house in Florida... was all excited for it to come Saturday.... then I looked online and saw it was shipped via USPS and i have all my mail forwarded to GA... hopefully i can get it back to FL in time.
I live in Tampa! You can stop by and come get one if it doesn't show up! I've had people do it before! How will you get it from Georgia??

That sucks. If you want to pay for the $4.95 shipping, I will send you another watch free to your FL address in good faith and when you get the first one you can just return it to me? But you have to give me an address that won't be forwarded, like someone else at your address whose name is not in the forwarding database.
Thanks for the offer but tracking shows it being delivered today. Im just going to have my roommate send it back to FL.

dingoesatmybaby

New

Post by dingoesatmybaby » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:07 pm

Thanks so much for the watch, I love it! Ive been using it on my PTs to get used to it and its very helpful.

As for test day proctor fears, I am not planning on having it showcased or anything, and upon first glance, it appears to be a normal watch so I doubt it will be noticed. Even if it is noticed, an easy explanation should solve matters. And if all else fails, I will have a back-up analog pocket watch.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:17 pm

I got my watch a little while ago and have used it on a couple PT's. So far I <3 it so much.

I also want to point out that Claudette is NOT a scam. I ordered my watch and got it within in a week. She's super helpful through emails and as you guys can see in her above post does EVERYTHING possible to accommodate people! She's great.

The only regret I have is not getting a "lefty" watch because now I'm having trouble resetting it if I wear it, but oh well, that's my own fault and I'm sure I can figure it out.

epark84

New

Post by epark84 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:42 pm

I just wanted to follow up and say that I've used the watch on a few practice tests, and it has been really helpful so far. Claudette answered all of my questions prior to my purchase, and shipped the watch to me very quickly. Thanks!

epark84

New

Post by epark84 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:15 pm

did anyone use the watch for Oct 2010? any feedback?

4for44

Bronze

Post by 4for44 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:18 pm

epark84 wrote:did anyone use the watch for Oct 2010? any feedback?

Used the watch for Oct 10- SO GOOD... Why waste your mental capacity on anything but LSAT during teh LSAT...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

rso11

Bronze

Post by rso11 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:30 pm

Dude this is a super idea. Find some patent lawyer friend and patent this thing. lol

aquasalad

Bronze

Post by aquasalad » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:48 pm

I got this thing last minute, it arrived the Monday before the Oct. 9th exam. I did 5 PT games sections with it that week, and the four colored blocks of 8 minutes 45 seconds were reassuring to look at as I completed each game. I'm -1/-2 on games usually, so it didn't make a huge difference there. Where this thing really came in handy was on reading comp; my score really depends on having enough time left to do the fourth passage accurately.
On test day, I posted the watch up on my desk, and went to town on my first section which was reading comp. I had RC/LR/LR/LG/LR, and it quickly became evident that this was the type of RC section that one could get bogged down in, either in the passage on some or the answers on others. I must say, compared to the normal watch starting at :25 going to :00 which I've used regularly, this thing is so much quicker to read due to the color blocks, and it allowed me to "breeze" through the section and pace myself perfectly, and thus gave me a confident start to the exam. To me, this was priceless and removed nerves after the first section.

Games were straightforward, but as some have said, time-consuming to the degree that I finished my last question as time was called. Although it never came into play on PTs, the watch reinforced my pacing on the real games section and no doubt helped me finish in time with 98% confidence in my answers.

As for LR, I really only used the watch after five minutes were called, so it was of marginal use there.
All in all, can't say enough good things about my experience with Claudette, she rocks.

After the exam, I went straight to a tailgate, where I caught several girls eying my watch, with some even asking what kind it was. I told them, and they were like "wow, you're a dork."

Highly recommended if you're the type of person who enjoys little gadgets.

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:52 pm

Used the watch for the October test and was SOOO happy that I bought it. I am not a fan of analog watches and definitely did not have the time or brain power to be doing math to figure out how much time was left on each section. The different colors and tick marks helped me keep track of time PERFECTLY on LG and RC and the countdown helped on LR. The smiley face kept me going the whole time :).

In terms of ordering, the watch came quickly with a typed note and Claudette was helpful when I asked about stuff beforehand. I definitely recommend this watch!

Silver

Post by 2807 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:58 pm

I loved mine! I practiced with it for a few weeks and was SHOCKED at HOW MANY TIMES I FORGOT TO RESET IT!!!

I highly recommend the watch, and PRACTICING with it !!

And, the inspirational notes and info that came with the watch was great!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:08 pm

2807 wrote:I loved mine! I practiced with it for a few weeks and was SHOCKED at HOW MANY TIMES I FORGOT TO RESET IT!!!

I highly recommend the watch, and PRACTICING with it !!

And, the inspirational notes and info that came with the watch was great!
Yeah I was scared I was going to forget to reset mine. On the actual test I would reset it if/when I had a few minutes left in the section or else when the proctor told us to stop and put our pencils down. Practicing with it is definitely TCR though.

Cromartie

Bronze

Post by Cromartie » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:54 pm

Used the watch today. Forgot to reset it for one of the sections, which thankfully turned out to be the RC experimental, but otherwise I had a great experience with it.

eupelia

New

Post by eupelia » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:09 pm

bye-bye spam

eupelia

New

Post by eupelia » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:01 pm

more spam?

Nah, that's cool.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

cindypopper

New

Post by cindypopper » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:06 pm

I just got my watch and it is AMAZING. It is completely 100% worth your money. It is so much easier to read this watch and know where you are at and where you should be at. The colors per section model (which is the one I got) makes it really easy to tell the time. Claudette is extremely helpful and sweet. If you have any questions or concerns she is more than willing to work with you. I am 100% satisfied with the product and look forward to using on the LSAT.

For those of you who have doubts about buying this. I did to at first and I spent a few days thinking about it and reading all of the previous comments on the blog. I finally decided to buy it and try it out. Trust me that it is very helpful and useful. I'm really glad that I got it.

Silver

Post by 2807 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:48 pm

Well, this watch is very little use to me now. Anyone who wants a freebie can have mine! Just pass it along to the next person when you are done...

pm me and we will figure it out. I am setting the watch.

You have 35 minutes.

Begin.

***EDIT: OK, it is taken. *****

ctroutma123

New

Post by ctroutma123 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:53 am

I have my watch that I used for the OCT 10 test available. PM if you're interested.

It worked great!

GATORTIM

Silver

Post by GATORTIM » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:19 am

I have the watch that my grandpa held up his ass for three years in Hanoi...PM me if interested

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

SchopenhauerFTW

Gold

Post by SchopenhauerFTW » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:59 pm

GATORTIM wrote:PM me if interested
Why does this ring a bell?
Last edited by SchopenhauerFTW on Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GATORTIM

Silver

Post by GATORTIM » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:00 pm

SchopenhauerFTW wrote:
GATORTIM wrote:I have the watch that my grandpa held up his ass for three years in Hanoi...PM me if interested

SchopenhauerFTW

Gold

Post by SchopenhauerFTW » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:09 pm

GATORTIM wrote:
SchopenhauerFTW wrote:
ETA took me way too long to get the joke.
Last edited by SchopenhauerFTW on Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lastch2

Bronze

Post by lastch2 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:24 pm

just chiming in...used my for OCT 2010 and it was 100% worth every penny. to not have to worry about timing was invaluable. also, that smiley at the end kept me going :lol:

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”