Doing Games Before the Respective Prep Test

theZeigs

Doing Games Before the Respective Prep Test

Postby theZeigs » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:34 pm

Perhaps I'm just worried about using up the practice / preptest materials, since I've seen so many posts on this forum where people have done all of the PTs and now no longer have enough material to use to study. I am not planning on using PT 7-18 ("10 Actual, Official LSAT Preptests") for anything but games and making 5 section tests for later in my studies. I have gone through all of the games in this book, and I didn't think that I would remember the setup for any of them, but I just did the Doctor Yamata Teaching/Lecturing/Operating/Conducting research on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday problem and remembered a bunch of the inferences, etc. Looking at the blank version of other games, I'm not necessarily having this same problem but...

My question is: should I NOT copy and add to my pile of games those games which I haven't taken (but am planning) on taking the PT for? In other words, if I plan on taking preptest e.g. 53, should I avoid doing those games until I've done the PT so that the material is "fresh" for me?

If I were to compile all of the games, the chances I remember any particular game will decrease simply by dilution, but I'm worried about "spoiling" all of these untapped resources. This all being said, I've only done about 6 preptests, and my study plan does not have me use all of the PTs. In the best of all worlds, I would blow through all preptests, increasing my score to my target, then have an extra few weeks where I could redo/re-setup all of the games.

Clearly, the answer is dependent upon how I am. I don't remember a lot of LR problems and whatnot, and I'm definitely not one of those people who instantly remembers any problem as soon as they see it, but just in case...

Any advice? Anyone been in the same situation? Thanks.

tags: using up materials, running out of materials, all games used, no more games, no new logic games

nsideirish

Re: Doing Games Before the Respective Prep Test

Postby nsideirish » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:10 pm

I am saving the LGs on PT 40-53 for when I actually take those under timed conditions so it will all be fresh, new material. I will make copies of them though so I can try them again a couple weeks after taking them fresh on the PT.

For any LGs on PTs before 40, I do them whenever.

I think its a good way about approaching it but it is different for everyone I suppose.

willwash

Postby willwash » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:52 pm

God damn Dr. Yamata.

Traciela

Postby Traciela » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:24 pm

theZeigs wrote:My question is: should I NOT copy and add to my pile of games those games which I haven't taken (but am planning) on taking the PT for? In other words, if I plan on taking preptest e.g. 53, should I avoid doing those games until I've done the PT so that the material is "fresh" for me?

We advise students to save those games for later, and to just use the earlier games to practice with in the beginning of your studies. Doing repeat games on diagnostic and full-length PrepTests is dangerous because it can lead to skewed practice scores right before the actual LSAT.
Last edited by Traciela on Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Traciela

Postby Traciela » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:28 pm

Traciela wrote:
theZeigs wrote:My question is: should I NOT copy and add to my pile of games those games which I haven't taken (but am planning) on taking the PT for? In other words, if I plan on taking preptest e.g. 53, should I avoid doing those games until I've done the PT so that the material is "fresh" for me?

We advise students to save those games for later, and to just use the earlier games to practice with in the beginning of your studies. Doing repeat games on diagnostic and full-length PrepTests is dangerous because it can lead to skewed practice scores right before the actual LSAT.

Just to clarify my comment above, we do recommend that you repeat the logic games after you have completed the diagnostic/full-length PrepTest! :D
Last edited by Traciela on Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

theZeigs

Postby theZeigs » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:06 am

Thanks all for the advice. I guess I'm just jonesin' to do some new games. Now I have motivation to start doing a bunch of PTs!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”