Private LSAT Tutors anyone?

ramblingace

Private LSAT Tutors anyone?

Postby ramblingace » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:48 am

Hi guys!

Hope the law school cycle/lsat process has not been too draining and that everyone is doing well :)

I'm planning to retake my lsats in June and I was wondering if you guys have any private LSAT tutors that you would recommend in NYC? I took a Powerscore class but I think I may have reached a limit or am not sure how to go forward from my previous score. I need at least a 170+ (previously scored a 166 on real lsat) but I have no idea where to start in terms of finding a good tutor that can help me achieve a higher score.

If there are any LSAT tutors on this forum, please feel free to message/respond. I appreciate any advice/posts. Thanks guys!!!

alannak

Re: Private LSAT Tutors anyone?

Postby alannak » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:56 am

I stupidly used an LSAT tutor who is based in NYC who has a popular blog, who has been ridiculed on this website, for 2 sessions. I don't recommend him. =\

SmogMoon

Postby SmogMoon » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:30 pm

I recently found a site - findmylawtutor.com - that is free and has a database of lawyers to search from. REgistration is free but you do have to register. I haven't used a tutor from there yet- still looking and debating whether I want to do private tutoring or a class.

Shrimps

Postby Shrimps » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:33 pm

SmogMoon wrote:I recently found a site - findmylawtutor.com - that is free and has a database of lawyers to search from. REgistration is free but you do have to register. I haven't used a tutor from there yet- still looking and debating whether I want to do private tutoring or a class.

Lawyers who work as LSAT tutors?

pattymac

Postby pattymac » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:58 pm

ITE, yes :p

nattybro

Postby nattybro » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:10 pm

Have you considered using a PowerScore tutor? They will be well-versed in the same systems and techniques you are already using. I think they also offer discounted rates if you took a course in the past.

basicgrey7

Postby basicgrey7 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:01 pm

I did a virtual powerscore tutor and he was awesome. We used elluminate.

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:05 pm

ramblingace wrote:Hi guys!

Hope the law school cycle/lsat process has not been too draining and that everyone is doing well :)

I'm planning to retake my lsats in June and I was wondering if you guys have any private LSAT tutors that you would recommend in NYC? I took a Powerscore class but I think I may have reached a limit or am not sure how to go forward from my previous score. I need at least a 170+ (previously scored a 166 on real lsat) but I have no idea where to start in terms of finding a good tutor that can help me achieve a higher score.

If there are any LSAT tutors on this forum, please feel free to message/respond. I appreciate any advice/posts. Thanks guys!!!

going to PM you.

MahnaMahna

Postby MahnaMahna » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:24 pm

Spamalicious.

JasonR

Postby JasonR » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:17 am

How much does the advise-in guy charge?

Atlas LSAT Teacher

Postby Atlas LSAT Teacher » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:16 am

We have tutors in various locations and live online. You're welcome to do a free trial hour to see if it's a good fit, as we're definitely not designed for everyone.

http://www.atlaslsat.com/lsat-private-tutoring.cfm

Good luck!

MahnaMahna

Postby MahnaMahna » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:38 am

Spamalicious.

Redamon1

Postby Redamon1 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:50 pm

I'm also shopping around for a private tutor in Washington D.C. Can folks share their experience with online one-on-one tutoring?

I'm a bit concerned about losing the benefits of in-person training. Not only body language but also efficiency. I just wonder how efficiently the tutor and the student can exchange written info and scribble on a PT over a whiteboard...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”