Ignore

User avatar
risktaker
Posts: 687
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:10 pm

Ignore

Postby risktaker » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:10 pm

d
Last edited by risktaker on Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Rand M.
Posts: 1033
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:24 am

Re: Will I be able to take the LSAT again?

Postby Rand M. » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:11 pm

Yes. You can take it as many times as you choose and scores are good for five years.

User avatar
FreeGuy
Posts: 133
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:42 pm

Re: Will I be able to take the LSAT again?

Postby FreeGuy » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:12 pm

Rand M. is incorrect.

You won't be able to take it in June.

You can only take it 3 times in a 2-year period, and a cancellation counts as taking it.

It sucks, but that's the rule.

User avatar
risktaker
Posts: 687
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:10 pm

Re: Will I be able to take the LSAT again?

Postby risktaker » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:18 pm

Ok, that's what I figured. Thanks.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Will I be able to take the LSAT again?

Postby Grizz » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:31 pm

risktaker wrote:Ok, that's what I figured. Thanks.


You could call some schools and ask them to ask the LSAT for an exemption. I have heard anecdotal evidence that sometimes they will let you retake.

User avatar
Rand M.
Posts: 1033
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:24 am

Re: Will I be able to take the LSAT again?

Postby Rand M. » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:51 pm

FreeGuy wrote:Rand M. is incorrect.

You won't be able to take it in June.

You can only take it 3 times in a 2-year period, and a cancellation counts as taking it.

It sucks, but that's the rule.


Hmmm, I didn't know that. Always stand open to correction.

gltm
Posts: 81
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:30 pm

Re: Will I be able to take the LSAT again?

Postby gltm » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:55 pm

rad law wrote:
risktaker wrote:Ok, that's what I figured. Thanks.


You could call some schools and ask them to ask the LSAT for an exemption. I have heard anecdotal evidence that sometimes they will let you retake.


Yes this is true.
If you ask a law school to request LSAC to have you write it a 4th time, then you can write it once again in June. It's worth a try. Contact a law school and tell them your reasons for wanting to write it again and if they can ask LSAC to permit you to write it the 4th time.

imisscollege
Posts: 438
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:21 pm

Re: Will I be able to take the LSAT again?

Postby imisscollege » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:15 pm

gltm wrote:
rad law wrote:
risktaker wrote:Ok, that's what I figured. Thanks.


You could call some schools and ask them to ask the LSAT for an exemption. I have heard anecdotal evidence that sometimes they will let you retake.


Yes this is true.
If you ask a law school to request LSAC to have you write it a 4th time, then you can write it once again in June. It's worth a try. Contact a law school and tell them your reasons for wanting to write it again and if they can ask LSAC to permit you to write it the 4th time.


I did this. Get waitlisted by a bunch of schools and then ask them. All you need is one.

User avatar
risktaker
Posts: 687
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:10 pm

Re: Will I be able to take the LSAT again?

Postby risktaker » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:22 am

What's better? Calling or emailing?

User avatar
calicocat
Posts: 1099
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: Will I be able to take the LSAT again?

Postby calicocat » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:22 am

Rand M. wrote:Yes. You can take it as many times as you choose and scores are good for five years.

LOL come on man

engineer
Posts: 278
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:51 am

Re: Will I be able to take the LSAT again?

Postby engineer » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:09 am

risktaker wrote:So, I cancelled the first time in sep 09, took it again in dec 09 and then feb 10. I am considering taking it in June so that i can get into a school if I get waitlisted there. Is this possible? Thanks.


Try to get a waiver - I *wish* I did this. I took in Oct 08, Dec 08, and Feb 09; my scores were awful, but I was carrying an egregious credit load and working full-time. Law school actually feels like a vacation in comparison.

Oh well.

bakemono
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 3:54 am

Re: Will I be able to take the LSAT again?

Postby bakemono » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:19 pm

As a 4 time LSAT taker, who's glad he took it the 4th time, i can assure you, if you want it, you'll get it. This isn't a "try" scenario. Just e-mail 5+ schools, and one of them'll bite. Wash. U gave me mine as well as Emory and some other schools. Hell, ask some schools that are very low-ranked, schools that you aren't even interested in. You have no obligations to them although you should express interest in email request

User avatar
cardnal124
Posts: 219
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:31 am

Re: Will I be able to take the LSAT again?

Postby cardnal124 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:31 pm

Seriously... no offense, but what's gonna change in June? If you have a hell of a lot of time to study between now and then and your Feb LSAT is as bad as you think, go for it in June, but otherwise you are locking yourself out of taking the LSAT for at least a year or two.

Make sure the next time you take it you have the time to prepare for it so you don't run into this again.

thunder 85
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:17 pm

Re: Will I be able to take the LSAT again?

Postby thunder 85 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:35 am

rad law wrote:
risktaker wrote:Ok, that's what I figured. Thanks.


You could call some schools and ask them to ask the LSAT for an exemption. I have heard anecdotal evidence that sometimes they will let you retake.



I've heard anecdotal evidence that unless the school is completely out of your league or already a sure thing they will ask the LSAT for an exemption. Its in their best interests for you to try again and raise your score.

User avatar
abbas123
Posts: 129
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:01 am

Re: Will I be able to take the LSAT again?

Postby abbas123 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:53 pm

yeah that makes sense they have no reason not to ask LSAC. more applicants at their school = better rankings

Miznitic
Posts: 111
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:53 pm

Re: Will I be able to take the LSAT again?

Postby Miznitic » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:49 pm

Hell, ask Cooley for an exemption. They'll give it without question...




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests