Feb 2010 test all a blur... good sign or bad?

cgs230

Feb 2010 test all a blur... good sign or bad?

Postby cgs230 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:32 pm

I took the Feb test during a huge blizzard, and actually woke up expecting it would be cancelled. Nonetheless, I trecked to the test center (literally through feet of snow) and took the test. I don't remember much about it (a few games I missed, the RC section I ran out of time toward the end)... but all in all, I mostly remember being relaxed and almost tired... like yawning a few times, but not really stressig.

Sometimes my mind wandered to outside things, like my neck aching or wondering how much snow was falling, but over all I just kind of sat there and took the test. Didn't feel all that bad about it until I blew some RC questions at the end.

Do you think this is a good sign of a bad one? I literally have ZERO clue how I did.

raperez129

Re: Feb 2010 test all a blur... good sign or bad?

Postby raperez129 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:36 pm

I could have written your post (except for the snow part, since I live in TX :mrgreen: )

I actually did the best on the PT that I felt the worst about, and I had felt most fatigued. That is the *only* reason I didn't cancel the Feb 6th test. Honestly, I didn't get to one game, and didn't get to one RC, and that is unusual for me. :roll:

*fingerscrossed*

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:37 pm

You got a 163. Deal with it.

cgs230

Postby cgs230 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:42 pm

I wouldn't mind that actually...
Sandro777 wrote:You got a 163. Deal with it.

gltm

Postby gltm » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:58 pm

cgs230 wrote:I wouldn't mind that actually...
Sandro777 wrote:You got a 163. Deal with it.

LOL.
Yeah, I think Sandro is forgetting a 163 is in the 88th percentile.

cubswin

Postby cubswin » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:01 pm

Neither a good sign nor a bad one.

LegallyBlonde923

Postby LegallyBlonde923 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:11 am

I actually did the best on the PT that I felt the worst about, and I had felt most fatigued. That is the *only* reason I didn't cancel the Feb 6th test.

Same! The last Kaplan PT was supposed to give a real 'test day experience' so they didn't send us our score until much later that night, as opposed to just handing them to us on the way out like always. I felt AWFUL about the test... same as what you said, tired and spaced. I was so pissed all day thinking I bombed... and it ended up being my best score.

Has anyone taken the LSAT before and felt the same way? I'm curious to see if anyone thought they bombed and ended up doing well.

hotdoglaw

Postby hotdoglaw » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:21 am

I took the LSAT twice. The first time I remembered nothing and did poorly. The second time, in December, I still remember tricky questions, game types and 3/4th the RC and I did much better that time. This is just my experience.

yung

Postby yung » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:44 pm

it's actually really often that when u don't feel confident you do the best. The method I use when this happens is I would estimate how many I could have gotten wrong on each section MAX.(not including experimental, find out which section it is) and then if you realize the best score you could have gotten isn't going to cut it for you then you might want to consider cancelling.

yeff

Postby yeff » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:20 am

cubswin wrote:Neither a good sign nor a bad one.

+1

It is definitely better than realizing a bunch of places you screwed up.

I've found that a lack of memory formation occurs when you perform something you've repeatedly practiced.

Felt the same taking the test as I did racing as an athlete in college. If everything was going according to plan/practice, I relied on my muscle memory or test-taking prep, remembered very little, and had average to good results. If things went awry, the slip-up formed a sharp impression in my mind, and the result was poor.

crm

Postby crm » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:23 am

cgs230 wrote:I took the Feb test during a huge blizzard, and actually woke up expecting it would be cancelled. Nonetheless, I trecked to the test center (literally through feet of snow) and took the test. I don't remember much about it (a few games I missed, the RC section I ran out of time toward the end)... but all in all, I mostly remember being relaxed and almost tired... like yawning a few times, but not really stressig.

Sometimes my mind wandered to outside things, like my neck aching or wondering how much snow was falling, but over all I just kind of sat there and took the test. Didn't feel all that bad about it until I blew some RC questions at the end.

Do you think this is a good sign of a bad one? I literally have ZERO clue how I did.

That is exactly how I felt. Afterward I was so pumped blaring Rise Against in my car and didn't think about "how I did" until later. I realized later that I had no clue how I did and the entire test was a blur and probably could not tell you anything from a RC subject to any type of game...it was really weird, but I scored higher on the actual test than any of my practice tests...so ya never know

msesquire2b

Postby msesquire2b » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:35 am

I feel the exact same way.... now. Right after I took the test, I felt really good about it.. but still couldnt remember any question lol. I hope WE all did well on it... I hate waiting in suspense however.

crm

Postby crm » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:37 am

Well I took December (so thankfully no suspense left except for apps)..and did better than all my PTs, so good luck to you!

Sean Bateman

Postby Sean Bateman » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:41 am

I'm not sure it matters so much, for me at least.

I took the test twice. Both times, I really couldn't recall any questions after the test.

First time, I bombed. Second time, I balled out.

This proves nothing

hv1

Postby hv1 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:11 am

cgs230 wrote:I took the Feb test during a huge blizzard, and actually woke up expecting it would be cancelled. Nonetheless, I trecked to the test center (literally through feet of snow) and took the test. I don't remember much about it (a few games I missed, the RC section I ran out of time toward the end)... but all in all, I mostly remember being relaxed and almost tired... like yawning a few times, but not really stressig.

the real test goes by FAST, in fact, the faster and the more time seems to blur, the more natural you did (based on experience) according to practice test

the key to the LSAT is to NOT stress during the test

tsbotros

Postby tsbotros » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:06 pm

took the december test and the february test....both tests were an absolute blur to me

while waiting for the score on the december test my lack of remembering anything from the test made my score decrease in my mind until the score was finally released....ended up not being so great of a score

with the february test i really dont remember anything and even though the games were hard i am much more confident my score will be more along the lines of what i deem acceptable

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”