I'm worried about my LSAT score :(

so_confused

I'm worried about my LSAT score :(

Postby so_confused » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:35 pm

Hello,

I wrote the February LSAT. To get into the law school I'm aiming for I need to score a 165. I've written the LSAT twice before and scored a 157 and 160 repectively. I studied quite a lot for the February LSAT but unfortunately I'm quite concerned that I may not have received that 165 I really needed.

I absolutely messed up on the Analytical Reasoning section. I don't know what happened to me but I just paused and had to take a few extra minutes to figure out every game, leaving me to guess on the entire questions in game 4. The reason this concerns me so much is because AR is always my strongest section. I have always aced it in the past, and I'm so frustrated that this time around, jitters, anxiety or the lack of preparation for the section led me to score really poorly on it.

My question to you all is do you think I scored worse than my previous 160 because of officially screwing up on AR? Also, is it a good sign that I felt LR and RC were all really easy?

I don't know what to do! I'm telling myself I scored somewhere between 161 and 166 but I honestly don't know. If you had to bet on it, would you say I went up or went down? I studied a lot between my rewrites but I'm so worried.

What do you all think. Is it possible for me to score a 165 if I screwed up on my strongest section? Also, do you think there is a good chance that I didn't score so poorly on the section and it's all in my head?

Please help me and make me feel better. I feel like I'm drowning.

My future law school life depends on this LSAT score and I'm so ridiculously scared.

:oops:

Ragged

Re: I'm worried about my LSAT score :(

Postby Ragged » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:42 am

Hm... guessing on one game is not too bad if what you need is a 165. Using September's conversion table you could miss 17 questions to get a 165. 1 game has about 6 questions on it. To be conservative lets say you got 1 out of 6 guesses correct. So you got -5 so far and, assuming you got the rest of the questions correct, that leaves you with 12 questions that you can miss on the other 3 sections. Thats 4 quesitons per section. Do you really think you missed more than 4 on each of the LR? RC?

I'd say chances are you will atleast get a 165. You probably got atleast a 160 unless you messed up big somewhere else.

je_ne_regrette_rien

Postby je_ne_regrette_rien » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:47 am

On the June test, I totally messed up on the infamous Dino game and got only 1 right in that game. (The only question I did. The rest I guessed and got wrong on). I ended up getting a 165. I only missed 1 in RC though.

Mr. Matlock

Postby Mr. Matlock » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:55 am

Kohinoor

Postby Kohinoor » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:59 am

Mr. Matlock

Postby Mr. Matlock » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:00 am

Actually, this is my favorite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeeKZ9vnknI

so_confused

Postby so_confused » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:20 am

Thank you all for your great replies...and the videos! lol :)

Ragged wrote:Hm... guessing on one game is not too bad if what you need is a 165. Using September's conversion table you could miss 17 questions to get a 165. 1 game has about 6 questions on it. To be conservative lets say you got 1 out of 6 guesses correct. So you got -5 so far and, assuming you got the rest of the questions correct, that leaves you with 12 questions that you can miss on the other 3 sections. Thats 4 quesitons per section. Do you really think you missed more than 4 on each of the LR? RC?

I'd say chances are you will atleast get a 165. You probably got atleast a 160 unless you messed up big somewhere else.

You cannot imagine how great your post made me feel. If worse comes to worst I'll get 9 incorrect on the games. Only because I know I was really confused and anxious. However I felt really comfortable with RC. Also, the LR sections were great too. It's good to know that even in the worst case scenario, I still have room to make a few errors on those. :) I think I'll get my 165! Besides, all the studying that went into this thing should bring about some good results.

superflush

Postby superflush » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:34 am

je_ne_regrette_rien wrote:On the June test, I totally messed up on the infamous Dino game and got only 1 right in that game. (The only question I did. The rest I guessed and got wrong on). I ended up getting a 165. I only missed 1 in RC though.

Nooo don't remind us.
That test was my second take and the Dinos definitely messed me up, and LG is generally my strongest section. However, I got the same exact score as my first take, which was generally the midpoint of my practice tests.

Pricer

Postby Pricer » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:15 pm

Could you really miss 17 for a 165 in September? That makes me feel a lot better about my score. I thought I blew it, but 165+ is still possible, I guess.

Relientkate

Postby Relientkate » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:49 pm

so_confused

Postby so_confused » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:16 pm

Relientkate wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00ww6JgpGwE

lmao this was REALLYYY funny!! LOL

Philo38

Postby Philo38 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:19 pm

superflush wrote:
je_ne_regrette_rien wrote:On the June test, I totally messed up on the infamous Dino game and got only 1 right in that game. (The only question I did. The rest I guessed and got wrong on). I ended up getting a 165. I only missed 1 in RC though.

Nooo don't remind us.
That test was my second take and the Dinos definitely messed me up, and LG is generally my strongest section. However, I got the same exact score as my first take, which was generally the midpoint of my practice tests.

Dinoooooooos!

gltm

Postby gltm » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:59 pm

Don't worry about it.
We all have bad feelings about the test once we write it.
I'm sure you got your 165.
:)

jtravis

Postby jtravis » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:01 pm

Completely anecdotal...but most of the people I know have underestimated their LSAT scores. Good luck to you.

maks25

Postby maks25 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:42 pm

Relientkate wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00ww6JgpGwE

haha by far one of the best.

thegor1987

Postby thegor1987 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:01 pm

have you looked at some of your PT's where you messed up a games section? I know that i've gotten higher raw scores on PT's where I've messed up on the games than on some PT's where I got a perfect games section. Maybe that will make you feel better, if that's the case.

I know i've gotten a 169 where I got like 4 or 5 wrong on a game section, and as low as 162 when on a PT with a -0 on the games.

so_confused

Postby so_confused » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:25 pm

thegor1987 wrote:have you looked at some of your PT's where you messed up a games section? I know that i've gotten higher raw scores on PT's where I've messed up on the games than on some PT's where I got a perfect games section. Maybe that will make you feel better, if that's the case.

I know i've gotten a 169 where I got like 4 or 5 wrong on a game section, and as low as 162 when on a PT with a -0 on the games.

Yes, the scenario you're suggesting is all too possible.
I may have gotten 6 incorrect on AR, but I can still pull off a 165+.
I was all too confident with RC and LR weren't too difficult.

At this point, I cannot help but worry about my score. It's my last chance. And I need a 165 to succeed. I am so utterly anxious 24/7 and it's become so difficult to sleep at night. I guess I just can't believe I blew up on logic games, even though I have always aced the section. And since I know I blew it, I find it hard to convince myself I scored at least in the 90th percentile.

*sigh* I need help I guess. I really do.

spearnreel

Postby spearnreel » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:28 pm

...too late to speculate. Just sit back and wait for the grade. I hope you get the score you need.

so_confused

Postby so_confused » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:52 pm

jtravis wrote:Completely anecdotal...but most of the people I know have underestimated their LSAT scores. Good luck to you.

True, but last time, I was expecting a 164 but only got a 160. So considering that, I think it's a bad sign that I'm so anxious this time around. However, my anxiety may just be due to the fact that I did score below my expected score last time so I'm being more cautious this time. Who knows.

so_confused

Postby so_confused » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:53 pm

spearnreel wrote:...too late to speculate. Just sit back and wait for the grade. I hope you get the score you need.

Thanks...I hope so too. :)

so_confused

Postby so_confused » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:47 pm

Hi everyone. I scored a 166 on my LSAT (93rd). Pretty happy and grateful for that. Just thought I'd keep you updated. :)

Kobe_Teeth

Postby Kobe_Teeth » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:50 pm

so_confused wrote:Hi everyone. I scored a 166 on my LSAT (93rd). Pretty happy and grateful for that. Just thought I'd keep you updated. :)

Congratulations!!

so_confused

Postby so_confused » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:23 pm

Kobe_Teeth wrote:
so_confused wrote:Hi everyone. I scored a 166 on my LSAT (93rd). Pretty happy and grateful for that. Just thought I'd keep you updated. :)

Congratulations!!

Thanks! It really was just what I needed. And although I was testing slightly higher than this, I'm very happy with my score considering how bad I felt on the day of the test. :)

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”