Are there going to be four different February tests?

lesak1313

Are there going to be four different February tests?

Postby lesak1313 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:33 pm

It seems as if there will be 4 different testing days for the February LSAT...

February 6th
February 13th
February 20th
February 27th

I've heard that LSAC always has a makeup test ready in case of cancellations, but what happens in this situation? Are there going to be 4 different tests or will the make-up be the same for the tests administered on the 13th, 20th and 27th?

bango

Re: Are there going to be four different February tests?

Postby bango » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:08 pm

I'm really concerned as to how all of this is going to affect my score.

How are they going to set the curve with this many different tests? If they do issue the same test during any of those dates, how are they going to insure cheating isn't rampant?

Zapatero

Postby Zapatero » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:09 pm

bango wrote:I'm really concerned as to how all of this is going to affect my score.

How are they going to set the curve with this many different tests? If they do issue the same test during any of those dates, how are they going to insure cheating isn't rampant?

They won't issue the same test, and the curve is set before anyone ever takes it, so it won't really make a difference for any individual.

jks289

Postby jks289 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:27 pm

If you think about how huge LSAC really is, it shouldn't be a surprise they likely have dozens of exams ready for administration. They have probably shuffled sections from previously undisclosed tests. I think they are required to do a different test for each day, but I don't think it will substantially affect anyone's score. It would be nice if there was a little more transparency from LSAC though.

Pricer

Postby Pricer » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:57 pm

lesak1313 wrote:It seems as if there will be 4 different testing days for the February LSAT...

February 6th
February 13th
February 20th
February 27th

I've heard that LSAC always has a makeup test ready in case of cancellations, but what happens in this situation? Are there going to be 4 different tests or will the make-up be the same for the tests administered on the 13th, 20th and 27th?

Even with only one make-up test per actual test, there would be enough that were not used over the past few years to make up for this. I am sure there are multiple make-up tests on standby, though, not just one per test.

Sauer Grapes

Postby Sauer Grapes » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:03 pm

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”