LSAC Hold

charlesxavier

LSAC Hold

Postby charlesxavier » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:35 pm

"A hold has been placed on your file because you did not sign either your LSAT admission ticket, your LSAT answer sheet, your registration, or your report order form. A form letter has been sent to you. Please complete, sign, and respond as instructed on the letter."

I am trying to remember all the forms. What was the report order form?
I assume that I just have to sign a form and mail it back...? Anybody else ever have this issue come up?

cpc989

Re: LSAC Hold

Postby cpc989 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:23 pm

Yeah I got the exact same issue... I double checked everything I thought. I called them and apparently my certifying statement was in error some how. I double checked it though because I don't and haven't written in cursive since lower school so I don't know how I did this. Bummer but supposedly it wont delay the reporting of your score so long as you mail it back immediately.

raperez129

Postby raperez129 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:37 pm

How did you receive the hold notice? Was it a direct email? Was it a status change on your LSAC account?

goosey

Postby goosey » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:58 pm

yes, this makes me think "oMgZzZzZ!! scores are being released!!!" fever is about to set it.

jks289

Postby jks289 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:00 pm

goosey wrote:yes, this makes me think "oMgZzZzZ!! scores are being released!!!" fever is about to set it.

It is sort of an interesting peek into group psychology. LSAC always releases at the same time for Feb (20 days following the test) but a group of people online can collectively convince themselves that this year is the exception without any actual evidence. Fascinating.

goosey

Postby goosey » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:07 pm

jks289 wrote:
goosey wrote:yes, this makes me think "oMgZzZzZ!! scores are being released!!!" fever is about to set it.

It is sort of an interesting peek into group psychology. LSAC always releases at the same time for Feb (20 days following the test) but a group of people online can collectively convince themselves that this year is the exception without any actual evidence. Fascinating.

I think the chaos makes the wait easier.

I personally am waiting for next friday, but last night I dreamt that the scores got released super early (like today) and that there was a 15 point curve :shock: but that I got a 152 :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: And in my sleep, I was looking at the score release page trying to find a reason to convince myself that this was only a dream (ie inconsistencies with what the actual score release page looks like). Needless to say, I have never been so happy to wake up before.

gltm

Postby gltm » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:02 pm

Don't worry about the hold. I had one on a previous LSAT but I still got my score with the others. I'm sure there won't be a delay. Fax them what they are requesting if possible. It's much quicker than mailing and I'm sure will inhibit the delay.

charlesjd

Postby charlesjd » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:03 pm

Ahhh... I remember this feeling all too well...

too old for this sh*

Postby too old for this sh* » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:58 am

charlesxavier wrote:"A hold has been placed on your file because you did not sign either your LSAT admission ticket, your LSAT answer sheet, your registration, or your report order form. A form letter has been sent to you. Please complete, sign, and respond as instructed on the letter."

I am trying to remember all the forms. What was the report order form?
I assume that I just have to sign a form and mail it back...? Anybody else ever have this issue come up?

I've been through the 'hold' process before...I'm one of those people who has not written in cursive for better than 30 years and added a parenthetical note to the certification since it was not the most readable of paragraphs. Those few extra printed words got me a hold. I faxed them a statement and the hold was removed.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”