Narrowing down the choices for LR Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
jnjohn05

New

Narrowing down the choices for LR

Post by jnjohn05 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:09 pm

For those who have mastered the LR section, I would like to know how you were able to do so. For now I'm noticing that I am able to narrow down the choices in sufficient time, but I find myself getting tripped on on some subtle wording difference.

JohnBoy

Bronze

Re: Narrowing down the choices for LR

Post by JohnBoy » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:31 pm

That is the nature of the beast...those subtle wording differences is what makes the difference between correct and incorrect answers. There are too many stem types to go over in this response. But, the different stem types ask you to do different things. Once you can readily disseminate the stem type, you can attack the passage with that in mind. Make sure you pick up on the way the passage is worded and use that to your advantage in narrowing down your answer choices. I highly recommend the Power Score logic bible as it covers most of this in detail.

Really, continually practice LR sections and spend equal time going over wrong answers as you do right answers as they will use similar traps in questions throughout the section. Since it is the time constraints that you have to worry about, you have to find what works for you.

jnjohn05

New

Re: Narrowing down the choices for LR

Post by jnjohn05 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:26 pm

I understand what you mean, and I already have the Powerscore LR. It's just that I'm using a spreadsheet for my LR reasoning questions practice (PT29-38). And for the most part I'm breezing through the Q's; but occasionally, a difficult question pops up that throws me off my square. It's kind of frustrating not yet detecting the subtle differences of, say, a FLAW question answer that appears right but happens to be wrong.

Just a bit worried that I won't develop a more intuitive feel for the more difficult questions (oftentimes it takes me 2-3 mins to figure out a answer for the LR question towards the end). But I'll definitely practice more and evaluate the reason for getting a question wrong (as well as right) so that I'll pick up on wording and begin to detect patterns.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”