LR Bible question - go in order?

hellojd

LR Bible question - go in order?

Postby hellojd » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:52 pm

Hey guys,

I've started going through the LR bible, and got through must be true, main point. However, two PTs deep in my studying, I can already tell the type of problem I am having consistent difficulty with is Method of Reasoning, Flaw in the Reasoning, and Parallel reasoning questions. I typically spend too much time on these, and have a subpar accuracy rate on top of that.

I do not tend to struggle with other LR types typically (i already took the gmat, and the reasoning questions in there overlap a good bit with the other question types).

So what I was wondering, is like the LG bible, does it build chapter by chapter? Or could I start with the formal logic section and tackle those question types first? I am anxious to improve on weaknesses rather than slogging through the other sections for a couple of weeks first.

Thanks!

nsideirish

Re: LR Bible question - go in order?

Postby nsideirish » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:42 pm

Nope...no need to work through the book in order. You can skim over the chapters on the types you are good at and then really concentrate on the chapters on the types you struggle with. Look over them two or three times to really hammer the ideas in your head.

Sammi

Postby Sammi » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:42 pm

I didn't... especially when I read the beginning of the formal logic chapter that said "only" 1 question on average was asked about it and the section was quite lengthy--I saved it for last.

If you are noticing a pattern, attack those first (after you've read the first two chapters, IMO).

hellojd

Postby hellojd » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:47 pm

got it, thanks!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”