Please advise about diagnostic tests! Thank you for help!

gettingready

Please advise about diagnostic tests! Thank you for help!

Postby gettingready » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:19 pm

I just decided to start my preparation for LSAT. I have never taken LSAT before and I am still looking for the best prep materials. Could anybody direct me to the best diagnostic test? Also, since I have never taken this test and I am not familiar at all with the type of questions present on LSAT should I jump right into a diagnostic test?
I do not intend to take a cours but self study. Could anybody suggest the best prep materials. Thank you in advance for thoughtful input.
:?:

dynomite

Re: Please advise about diagnostic tests! Thank you for help!

Postby dynomite » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:25 pm

gettingready wrote: I just decided to start my preparation for LSAT. I have never taken LSAT before and I am still looking for the best prep materials. Could anybody direct me to the best diagnostic test? Also, since I have never taken this test and I am not familiar at all with the type of questions present on LSAT should I jump right into a diagnostic test?
I do not intend to take a cours but self study. Could anybody suggest the best prep materials. Thank you in advance for thoughtful input.
:?:

At the top of this forum is a thread called "Pithypike's Complete LSAT Study Guide." Read the first post at least twice, then read the first page or two.

http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... =6&t=41657

If you still have questions about specific books, tests and methods, feel free to post them here -- I don't think Pithypike's advice is necessarily immutable, but it's the best jumping off point you could hope for.

(For example: I might recommend taking a diagnostic test first just to have a sense of familiarity with the material so you know what the books are talking about. The caution here is that your score on a cold diagnostic is almost irrelevant, but a lot of people obsess over it, asking questions like "If I got a 1XX on my diagnostic is it possible to get a 170!?!" If you go this route, most Kaplan prep outlets in the country are offering a free, no-strings attached, proctored Practice Test at most of their locations toward the end of the month, so think about doing that one.)

Good luck on your studies.
Last edited by dynomite on Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

gettingready

Re: Please advise about diagnostic tests! Thank you for help!

Postby gettingready » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:27 pm

Thank you dynomite. I will go to the post right now! :)

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”