Taking the LSAT a third time

lilili

Taking the LSAT a third time

Postby lilili » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:38 pm

I took the LSAT in December and got a 161. Now just took the February test and got killed on the LG Section. Should I just cancel my score and retake again in June. Would cancelling now look bad if I retake in June? Please help.

dynomite

Re: Taking the LSAT a third time

Postby dynomite » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:53 pm

lilili wrote:I took the LSAT in December and got a 161. Now just took the February test and got killed on the LG Section. Should I just cancel my score and retake again in June. Would cancelling now look bad if I retake in June? Please help.

Depends where you're shooting for, but if you really don't think you did much better you could certainly cancel. Especially if you get a 170+ in June, I doubt schools will care all that much.

ilovethelsat

Postby ilovethelsat » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:06 pm

If you think scored around a 161, then you should probably cancel. And yes, you should definitely retake the LSAT in June.

urban_cdn

Postby urban_cdn » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:16 pm

i would say definitely cancel if you think you did worse or no better. and definitely rewrite in june if you think you can do better. i wrote the LSAT three times. 163, 161, 172 and still got into two T-14s with a 3.5 GPA. i should have cancelled the second time, but id say don't stress too much about it and focus on doing really well your third time. hopefully my case makes you feel a bit better! good luck!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”