Study guide- I'm wondering if this will suffice Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Brownadam26

New

Study guide- I'm wondering if this will suffice

Post by Brownadam26 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:01 am

I'm taking the June 2010 LSAT. I've taken a diagnostic and have done horrible. If anyone here can give me advice about the following books, I'd appreciate it, especially because I'm going to invest in them. Please keep in mind i'm currently studying and will be studying from this point until June. However if my score continues to stay low, I guess i'll take it in october of my senoir year(that's not weird right?).

1. Powerscore Logic Games Bible (LGB) - $40.94
2. Powerscore Logical Reasoning Bible (LRB) - 40.94
3. Official LSAT SuperPrep - $18.48
4. 3 of the '10 More LSAT" series - $19.80 + $19.80 + 19.80 = 59 $
5. The most recent 10 PTs - I probably need Kaplan & Princeton Review.

itsfine

Bronze

Re: Study guide- I'm wondering if this will suffice

Post by itsfine » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:11 am

Brownadam26 wrote:I'm taking the June 2010 LSAT. I've taken a diagnostic and have done horrible. If anyone here can give me advice about the following books, I'd appreciate it, especially because I'm going to invest in them. Please keep in mind i'm currently studying and will be studying from this point until June. However if my score continues to stay low, I guess i'll take it in october of my senoir year(that's not weird right?).

1. Powerscore Logic Games Bible (LGB) - $40.94
2. Powerscore Logical Reasoning Bible (LRB) - 40.94
3. Official LSAT SuperPrep - $18.48
4. 3 of the '10 More LSAT" series - $19.80 + $19.80 + 19.80 = 59 $
5. The most recent 10 PTs - I probably need Kaplan & Princeton Review.

seems like a solid list of prep material. as far as ADVICE goes, i guess all i would say is make sure you go through the bibles within the earlier stages of ur studying...that isnt to say read them completely and then start doing prep tests (old lsats), but make sure you take care of those within the relatively earlier stages of ur studying because you will want to practice what you have learned etc etc. However, like i said, i wouldnt just ignore the prep tests entirely while you are reading the bibles, make sure to do some of those in the beginning too so you can accurately assess your progress.....ultimately, come test day, try to make sure you have done as many past lsats as possible, since when it really boils down to it, thats the best study guide and most accurate way of assessing your skills.

good luck, and no matter how you feel, this test is learnable and practice makes perfect....at some point you will be discouraged at one thing or another, but keep at it and your score will represent your study habits.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”