Best Prep Book for RC??

Best Prep Book for RC??

Postby EdmundBurke23 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:34 pm

After working through the LR Bible, and using it as a reference for reviewing PTs, I noticed that it's been helping me out a lot. It's been helping me better understand the question types and what not.

I'm still having trouble with the most rudimentary things with RC questions, and would like to know which RC book is the best:

1. Power Score
2. Cambridge LSAT
3. Kaplan

Will one of the three help me better understand the overall structure of RC questions and passages? Thank you!

Also: I've been reading a lot of magazines and what not... and it hasnt' been helping as much.

Re: Best Prep Book for RC??

Postby gltm » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:39 pm

I think that the best way to improve on RC is to do as many RC passages as possible and carefully review your errors. That's the only thing that worked for me! Going over numerous prepbooks may not be the best idea IMO.

Postby abbas123 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:44 pm

I agree with Mr. Matlock's advice here:

Postby Relientkate » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:14 am

I was doing terrible on reading comprehension and the RC Bible brought me from -10 to -3.

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:17 am

I think its probable I didnt get any wrong on RC in february and this is what I did.
I started out RC by reading through the reading comprehension bible and practicing with their massive underlining, key term blocking, blurbing per paragraphing- method. Then once I really understood fully why it was that i was underlining and boxing those things I quit making notes while I was reading. I just read slowly and intensely and boxed maybe two or three terms.
I went immediately from -3 average to a -0 average on RC once I did this.

Good luck

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”