LR tips

ichthuso1

LR tips

Postby ichthuso1 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:31 pm

My test date was pushed back thanks to snow and using the time to refining my weakest point: LR. Any tips on improving efficiency and accuracy that I can work on with the extra time would be much appreciated!

kinch

Re: LR tips

Postby kinch » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:34 pm

IMO, LR can really only get better with more experience, when you can basically anticipate the right answer based on the question. But at this point, with only a few days to go, I'm not sure how much more practice you can do without going overboard.

ichthuso1

Postby ichthuso1 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:36 pm

Yeah basically what I've been doing for quite some time now and my scores have drastically improved in that area. But ever the perfectionist still trying to gather data :-p

gltm

Postby gltm » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:37 pm

ichthuso1 wrote:Yeah basically what I've been doing for quite some time now and my scores have drastically improved in that area. But ever the perfectionist still trying to gather data :-p

Ha. I can't help but be slightly jealous that you guys have extra time to study.
:P

ichthuso1

Postby ichthuso1 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:38 pm

Lol don't be. Extra weeks of stress and obsessing over something with an unknown due date? Not all it is cracked up to be.

gltm

Postby gltm » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:41 pm

ichthuso1 wrote:Lol don't be. Extra weeks of stress and obsessing over something with an unknown due date? Not all it is cracked up to be.

Lol, the reason I kind of am is because I wish I had a bit extra time reviewing more games! So, I think you guys have that benefit. A bit extra study time. But yes, I can also see how it's stressful for you guys! Well, I hope LSAC gets you writing the test soon!

Good luck studying. Just to add my 2 cents, I also think the best way to improve on LR is to practice more. Try to think of the answer in your head before reading any of the answer choices. Additionally, reason out mentally why the correct answer is correct. Reviewing your errors is essential too. :)

letsdoit1982

Postby letsdoit1982 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:43 pm

I'm having trouble with LR also, OP. I'm thinking about reading the question stem and then the stimulus.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”