LR-LG-LR-RC-LR

mustr

LR-LG-LR-RC-LR

Postby mustr » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:52 pm

I had LR-LG-LR-RC-LR (25-23-25-27-25). Has anyone figured out which LR is experimental? I remember #22 in the second LR is about heart disease, related to something called "f******". Has anyone seen this question?

tomwatts

Re: LR-LG-LR-RC-LR

Postby tomwatts » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:54 pm

Probably your second LR (third section), though I saw a different test form. One scored section of LR began with a question about increasing numbers of independent films, and the other began with a question about feathered dromaeosaurs.

(On the off-chance that this is for real.)
Last edited by tomwatts on Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lawchampion

Postby lawchampion » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:54 pm

1+

mustr

Postby mustr » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:05 pm

I couldn't remember what the first questions talked about. I can only remember that the first question in second LR (third section) was a dialog between two persons.

iShotFirst

Postby iShotFirst » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:10 pm

i remember something about heart disease and feathered dinosaur and only had one LR section.

Bruiser

Postby Bruiser » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:25 pm

I also remember the feathered dinosaur, independent film and heart disease questions and LG was my experimental section.

iShotFirst

Postby iShotFirst » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:27 pm

Bruiser wrote:I also remember the feathered dinosaur, independent film and heart disease questions and LG was my experimental section.

Yup sounds like you and me had the same test Bruiser.

mustr

Postby mustr » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:29 pm

Is that independent film question a dialog between two persons?

charlesxavier

Postby charlesxavier » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:36 pm

mustr wrote:Is that independent film question a dialog between two persons?

I had experimental LG and for me the independent film question was a misunderstanding dialog, I believe.

123kl

Postby 123kl » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:43 pm

ughhh i've been posting all around to try to solve this question too!!! i had the same format as you... i think i remember that independent film question as my second LR section (section 3). from what I've heard, this one counted. Some of you may have seen my previous posts about this, but in my first section (which i think/hope is experimental), there was a question (#10) about Chinese white and purple glass and strenghening the argument that the purple glass arose as an accident... anyone remember this who had only 2 LRs?

iShotFirst

Postby iShotFirst » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:45 pm

definitely didnt have anything about Chinese glass on the real sections.

chunkystrohs

Postby chunkystrohs » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:46 pm

I had the same format as well (LR LG LR RC LR)

But I was pretty sure that my first LR had 26 questions.

This lead me to believe that the first LR was experimental because the total questions wouldn't add up to 100 otherwise.

I figured it was out of 100 for everyone since the people with 2 RCs had a total of 100 questions.

I could definitely be wrong though.

lawchampion

Postby lawchampion » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:49 pm

i had the same order but can confidently say that the first LR had only 25 questions

birdmann783

Postby birdmann783 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:49 pm

Dammit I thought I did better on the first lr than section 3. There were tons of assumption and inference questions on this exam and little to none of everythin else.

lawchampion

Postby lawchampion » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:01 pm

still it does not make the 1st LR experimental.

birdmann783

Postby birdmann783 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:53 pm

lawchampion wrote:still it does not make the 1st LR experimental.

Well can someone that didn't have 3 lr confirm whether they had a question about independ. Films as the first question in a section

too old for this sh*

Postby too old for this sh* » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:55 pm

I had that order and remember the questions discussed, but don't remember which was in a particular section. For some reason, the syntax in the final section struck me as being 'odd.' I'm also hopeful for other reasons that the final one turned out to be the guinea pig section...

Of course, I could also say I wished the first one was...that was the one where the PROCTOR had an effing cell phone go off about a minute into the section. You would think with all the warnings they give that the proctors would have the common courtesy to make sure they turned THEIR phone off.

ljbc03

Postby ljbc03 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:39 pm

Hi Everyone,

I had LG-RC-LR-LR-RC

After the test I read that the experimental must come in the first three sections. How do you know this? Does anyone have this in writing from a test prep center or is it just from statistics of the last tests?? I'm very curious to know as this was the case in my September and Feb LSAT and both times it would have helped me to know this PRIOR to the test, but I just read it now.

Pricer

Postby Pricer » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:46 pm

ljbc03 wrote:Hi Everyone,

I had LG-RC-LR-LR-RC

After the test I read that the experimental must come in the first three sections. How do you know this? Does anyone have this in writing from a test prep center or is it just from statistics of the last tests?? I'm very curious to know as this was the case in my September and Feb LSAT and both times it would have helped me to know this PRIOR to the test, but I just read it now.

http://www.powerscore.com/lsat/help/experimental.cfm

Where does the experimental section appear?

Up until the June 2007 LSAT, the experimental section number was the same for every test taker (for example, on the December 2006 LSAT every test taker in the country had section 1 as their experimental). See here for a listing of the experimental sections from 1995 to 2006. In June 2007, Law Services began using test forms that gave different experimental section numbers to different students. Thus, on a given test administration, some test takers might have section 2 as their experimental whereas other examinees might have section 1 or section 3 as their experimental. What this means is that, while individual test takers may be able to determine their own experimental section based on their section order (see “How do I figure out the experimental section after the test?” below), there is no longer a reliable way to predict the experimental section for all test takers.

Historically, the experimental section has always been one of the first three sections. We strongly believe this will continue to occur, but there is no way to predict before the test which section will be experimental, and there is no longer a single experimental section for all test takers.

ljbc03

Postby ljbc03 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:52 pm

Thanks. This is really helpful.

I wish I knew this during the test--not like I could have done anything about it, but I did notice that there was an RC in the last sec bc our proctor had us put the Writing Scantron in the back of booklet... My brain was fried by the last RC and I was hoping it was experimental. I still tried my best, but it would have been good to know it was def the one that counted.

Esp since on the first one, it had a scientific passage i found tricky and i was beating myself up over it during the break. it would have been good to spare myself that.

Anyhow, thanks for the post. If PowerScore said it is likely to continue, I'm going to count on that moving forward as PowerScore really seems to know their stuff. The bibles have been really helpful.

This also helps me when practicing bc I can throw in my experimental in my preptests btween 1-3, when normally, i just tacked them in as sec 5 in the end.

Pricer

Postby Pricer » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:07 pm

You can also read around other posts discussing the RC for this test. Although people were asked several times by multiple mods and the owner not to do it, many still discussed their questions openly. By browsing through a couple of posts, you can easily discover which was your real and which was your experimental. It is easy for people with two RC or LG to do that.

tomwatts

Postby tomwatts » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:09 pm

birdmann783 wrote:

Well can someone that didn't have 3 lr confirm whether they had a question about independ. Films as the first question in a section

I already did at the beginning of this topic, but here it is again: I had two Games sections (and know which one was experimental — hell, I was 90% sure at the time, even though both were in the first 3), and my first LR questions were about independent films (a Point-At-Issue question, in TPR terminology — no idea what other people call them) and about feathered dromaeosaurs (an Inference question).

One of the reasons that the experimental section has always been one of the first three and just about everyone in the test prep industry believes that it will continue to be is that people get tired after the break (and have second thoughts and cancel). They're trying to collect data on test-takers' performances on the section, and they want as many people as possible (before people duck out at the break) and they want them to be still coherent as much as possible (before fatigue sets in deep into the test).

ljbc03

Postby ljbc03 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:11 pm

I had 2 RC and only 2 LR. I def had an agree/disagree question on Independent movies... It's real.

ljbc03

Postby ljbc03 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:30 pm

tomwatts wrote:
birdmann783 wrote:

. They're trying to collect data on test-takers' performances on the section, and they want as many people as possible (before people duck out at the break) and they want them to be still coherent as much as possible (before fatigue sets in deep into the test).

great so i was incoherent for my final rc --the one that counted. thanks a lot LSAC. at least now i know for June when I retake (most likely).

BTW, how unfair is it that people got repeats on the RC from previous experimentals? ugh! if i recognized darwin or edith or the videos i wld have been able to fly through those. i am still confused about the fourth... not sure ab that one.

sophia.olive

Postby sophia.olive » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:40 pm

is it just me (lr lg lr rc lr) or was the whole test pretty easy except 16-20 on the last lr. am i the only one that thought this?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”