Why on earth would anyone buy the TestMasters course books Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
febstriver

New

Why on earth would anyone buy the TestMasters course books

Post by febstriver » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:57 pm

when all that crap can be found in the PowerScore Bibles for a fraction of the cost?

Do they have anything useful that the Bibles don't?

am060459

Silver

Re: Why on earth would anyone buy the TestMasters course books

Post by am060459 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:04 pm

febstriver wrote:when all that crap can be found in the PowerScore Bibles for a fraction of the cost?

the TM course books dont have strategies in them. they have a shit load of practice questions. the bibles dont have much practice. some buy both. use PS for strategies and TM for drilling.

febstriver

New

Post by febstriver » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:07 pm

am060459 wrote:
febstriver wrote:when all that crap can be found in the PowerScore Bibles for a fraction of the cost?

the TM course books dont have strategies in them. they have a shit load of practice questions. the bibles dont have much practice. some buy both. use PS for strategies and TM for drilling.
How many of these practice questions are drawn from official exams? Are some of them constructed?

febstriver

New

Post by febstriver » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:08 pm

Peter North wrote:Both TM and PS are garbage. I can't believe how all these prep companies con naive saps into paying $$$ for their useless books and courses.

For the record: I did take a prep course, too. Didn't benefit me at all.
So because they didn't benefit you they must be garbage for everyone else? Maybe you should take a course and brush up on your logical reasoning skills.

Cupidity

Gold

Post by Cupidity » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:10 pm

Death to testmasters.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

am060459

Silver

Post by am060459 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:11 pm

febstriver wrote:
am060459 wrote:

How many of these practice questions are drawn from official exams? Are some of them constructed?
i dont know how many are drawn from them but all are real LSAT questions. if you take the course you get access to online supplemental materials. the course books and the online suppmental material give you something like 6000 lsat question (all official lsat questions).

febstriver

New

Post by febstriver » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:14 pm

Peter North wrote:
febstriver wrote:
Peter North wrote:Both TM and PS are garbage. I can't believe how all these prep companies con naive saps into paying $$$ for their useless books and courses.

So because they didn't benefit you they must be garbage for everyone else? Maybe you should take a course and brush up on your logical reasoning skills.
And maybe you should learn to decipher casual opinions from blanket statements. What I have expressed in the aforementioned was merely a personal opinion.

HTH
Didn't help much at all, actually. You made a blanket assertion about how useless two LSAT preparation companies were, then followed that assertion with an anecdote about how your scores did not rise. Also, using archaic words like "aforementioned" does not improve the quality of your reasoning.

JasonR

Bronze

Post by JasonR » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:19 pm

I can't believe they even offer those books for sale. Or at least at that price. Just buy every PT available and you'll have double the questions in those books for a tiny fraction of the cost.

am060459

Silver

Post by am060459 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:23 pm

JasonR wrote:I can't believe they even offer those books for sale. Or at least at that price. Just buy every PT available and you'll have double the questions in those books for a tiny fraction of the cost.
well some people want the questions broken down by type and/or difficulty.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

febstriver

New

Post by febstriver » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:29 pm

lol...good catch North

maks25

New

Post by maks25 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:30 pm

I really liked the LG Bible and the LR Bible, although I didn't have enough time to finish the LRB because I used the Princeton guide (horrible mistake, the Princeton guide actually handicapped me).

i got my LG average down to -0 because of the bible, and also did pretty well on the Feb, I'm guessing -3 at worst, probably -1.

JasonR

Bronze

Post by JasonR » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:31 pm

am060459 wrote:
JasonR wrote:I can't believe they even offer those books for sale. Or at least at that price. Just buy every PT available and you'll have double the questions in those books for a tiny fraction of the cost.
Having questions broken down into "Type 2/2S/2N" and "Type 9," etc., doesn't do you much good if you aren't told anything about how to approach that kind of problem. Just buy every PT ever, the bibles for instruction, and pocket the substantial difference.

For the record, I'm not advocating against taking a course. I just think it's really stupid to shell out $725 for nothing more than those TM books.

jmaan

Bronze

Post by jmaan » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:35 pm

cause theyre stupid

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

maks25

New

Post by maks25 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:40 pm

Courses...never took one. But books? The bibles actually helped me out quite a bit, I think they are a very good investment.

lawschoolhopeful123

New

Post by lawschoolhopeful123 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:41 pm

I used the Kaplan course to study but didn't do so hot this time. I thought about it all weekend but decided to cancel. I guess I will go for their Higher Score guarantee and study for June. Should I sign up for PowerScore since Kaplan didn't help? I am currently looking at a pt range of around 160 (high of 165) and want to get a goal of 165.

Thoughts?

Traciela

New

Post by Traciela » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:20 pm

am060459 wrote:
You don't need to be in a prep course for that anymore. :D

Our GROUPED and More GROUPED LSAT books (look them up on Amazon) have real PT questions broken down by type.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”