Okay so I need some opinions on pulling the big Feb cancel?

Madman

Okay so I need some opinions on pulling the big Feb cancel?

Postby Madman » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:16 pm

Here's the situation.

24 PT's range 162-175 Average 165

This test definitely did not play to my strengths, I had 2 RC's 1st was experimental (of course) because this is the one that I felt like I did amazing on, anyhow I had to guess on 6 questions on the real RC for the egyptian passage. Also, I was pretty psyched out when I was doing RC because I was so pissed that the first one I had was experimental, so I really don't know how RC went.

I also had to guess on pretty much the whole last game of the logic games section, as all of the games were time sucks for me (usually I get -3 on games)

Both LR's I figure I probably went -3/-4 on each (total -8)

So I guess my question is what are my chances of a low 160's score?

Only one school I want to apply to averages, so I need to decide if I should cancel or not.

Any opinions are much appreciated.

Cheers.

booboo

Re: Okay so I need some opinions on pulling the big Feb cancel?

Postby booboo » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:18 pm

I would say hitting your mark of low 160's may be a reach. It doesn't seem that much of the exam exudes confidence, and with a probable -8 for LR, the LG and RC issues may hurt you badly.

tomwatts

Postby tomwatts » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:28 pm

If only one of your schools averages anyway, I'd say don't cancel regardless, unless that one school is far and away your top choice.

Madman

Postby Madman » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:36 pm

The dirty part is the averaging school is the one that I stand the best chance at with a lower 160's lsat score, and it is in my home town, so that is why I am in such a difficult situation.

JasonR

Postby JasonR » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:35 pm

Did you guess on those RC questions after eliminating some ACs, or was it just blind guessing without reading the question? What do you think your realistic score range for RC could be? And for LG?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”