the game that made you cry

macaulian

the game that made you cry

Postby macaulian » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:08 pm

Just for clarification, is the reason everyone thought the games were so brutal that they missed the inference that position 3 HAD to be filled by a particular appliance?

monkeyboy

Re: the game that made you cry

Postby monkeyboy » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:13 pm

macaulian wrote:Just for clarification, is the reason everyone thought the games were so brutal that they missed the inference that position 3 HAD to be filled by a particular appliance?

That was the key inference, no doubt. It made the last three answers easy, or very difficult if not noticed.

ShiftyOne

Postby ShiftyOne » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:15 pm

Yes, at first look, the problem seemed difficult, but as soon as you realized that each of the appliances could only be in a couple spots, it was pretty easy. The difficulty of this problem depended on how good your diagram was.

jks289

Postby jks289 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:20 pm

The other key inference was the conditional if one appliance had Z, then the other had T. None of the games were really that hard, but there were huge time sucks. I usually finish with time to spare but this time, I skipped all over and had to guess on the last question. I could have missed two, but I feel like I just as easily could have missed 5.

tomwatts

Postby tomwatts » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:21 pm

Oh god, is that what it was? I remember walking out thinking that the third game was the hardest one, but I didn't think that it would blow anyone's minds. When I got here, though, people were almost universally saying that it was awful. I combined the two relevant clues automatically because I'm so used to teaching students to do it (for example, PT 33's first game), but if you didn't realize to do that, the game would be bad news all around.

Thanks! Now I get it.

Madman

Postby Madman » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:22 pm

I made 3 templates placing the G in one of 3 spots, but for some reason I still felt like I missed a serious inference, it was the damn if t is with something then z is with something rule that really messed me up

monkeyboy

Postby monkeyboy » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:22 pm

jks289 wrote:The other key inference was the conditional if one appliance had Z, then the other had T. None of the games were really that hard, but there were huge time sucks. I usually finish with time to spare but this time, I skipped all over and had to guess on the last question. I could have missed two, but I feel like I just as easily could have missed 5.

Yes, that was the other key. Combining them was HUGE.

lawschoolhopeful123

Postby lawschoolhopeful123 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:47 pm

Does anyone remember what the last question asked for on this game? It was too late when I got the inference.

YCrevolution

Postby YCrevolution » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:00 pm

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”