So when will the makeup test be?

Me-a Culpa

Re: So when will the makeup test be?

Postby Me-a Culpa » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:22 pm

albanach wrote:
Me-a Culpa wrote:Wow, not having a make-up test date is lame. I timed my PT's and study to peak at test day, and did every test so I'd have nothing left undone. 2-3 weeks more puts you at a disadvantage.

I think you exaggerate. There's over 200 individual games and RC articles plus over 5,000 LR questions. You can find stuff to go over, even if you've done it before.

Not exaggerating, if I was in the situation. I'm aware of the amount of review material because I did it all - probably three times. Had I stopped taking FRESH PT's two plus weeks before my test, I would have been at a disadvantage.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:24 pm

Wait, wait, wait.

I really don't want this test to be 2/27. That just seems too far off. Plus, then who knows when the scores will come out??? Ugh, this looks like it's going to mess up my cycle after all.

mdeleon4

Postby mdeleon4 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:39 pm

William and Mary told me the 27th. Heres to my cycle not getting destroyed.

chintand

Postby chintand » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:14 pm

well at this point, the way i look at it. the score release part is out of our control. I would just at least like to know when the makeup date will be so I have some time frame etc

lnc2109

Postby lnc2109 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:58 pm

OMG...I just e-mailed the Brookdale Community College in NJ and I receive an e-mail saying that they've re-scheduled the test for MARCH 6th!!! That's a whole freaking month from the original test date. WTF WTF!! I am so d*&^ angry right now...i've already gone through every PT now 2 times and I'm applying for fall 2010 admissions...I refuse to wait for another month to take this stupid test. I want to argue with LSAC to let me re-take this exam at another location in February b/c this is absurd.

evnyc

Postby evnyc » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:00 pm

Anyone hear anything about the rescheduled test at University of Delaware? I can't get a hold of LSAC and am starting to get pretty nervous.....

fw22mk

Postby fw22mk » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:14 pm

March 6? That's ridiculous. Any word on UMD College Park? I haven't received any e-mail from LSAC and no one answered when I called LSAC. I am guessing it won't be this Saturday. But a ballpark would certainly be nice.

schand

Postby schand » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:10 pm

Lnc2109 I am also taking it at Brookdale. Was the date absolutely confirmed? Did they throw the date out there as a possibility?

lnc2109

Postby lnc2109 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:25 pm

This is the reply that I received from a woman named Nancy at Brookdale:
I have rescheduled the exam for the Law School Admissions Council for March 6, 2010. You should call the LSAC to verify the date and to confirm that you should attend the March date.

Since I have not received an e-mail from LSAC yet, I suppose this date is not officially set in stone. I'm trying to be optimistic and tell myself that perhaps, march 6th is the date that Brookdale wants but LSAC has not confirmed with them yet and will turn down the march 6th date and tell them to schedule another date....but seriously, March 6th is just unacceptable. I expect LSAC to re-schedule the test in a REASONABLE amount of time (2-3 weeks after the test) but a full month a way is just plain ridiculous. I was soooo ready to take this exam on February 6th and I was prepared for the February 27th date as the worst-case scenario...I can't even fathom March 6th.

GordonBombay

Postby GordonBombay » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:24 pm

Yea I was kinda in the same boat. Lost my hotel which cost like 100 $, which was a bummer. Also had used my PT's and a day off leading up to last saturday and need this test with a good score if I have a shot where I want to go fall 2010.

My gf lives about 10 minutes from Newtown though and I saw her pics from yesterday. That whole area was under 2 feet of snow. What can you do but wait...and order another book of practice tests with 2 day shipping. Accidentally paying 80$ for Amazon Prime is at least going to good use

DannyBoy_07

Postby DannyBoy_07 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:24 am

You gotta be kidding me. March 6?

Guess I should start calling the schools I am applying to and see what I should do about explaining this situation.

lnc2109

Postby lnc2109 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:08 am

Possible GOOD news for Brookdale Community College, NJ test-takers:

I just got done calling LSAC and I said that I was supposed to take the test at Brookdale on Feb. 6th and the woman said that there is nothing in the computers for when they've re-scheduled for Brookdale. I then told the LSAC woman about how the e-mail I received from Brookdale said that the test was re-scheduled for March 6th and the LSAC woman responded: "There are no exams in March, so wait until you receive an e-mail from us for when your test has been re-scheduled."

So, basically, I am hoping that this Brookdale woman had no idea what she was talking about.

xcountryjunkie

Postby xcountryjunkie » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:19 am

Just spoke on the phone with LSAC. All their rep would tell me is that it won't be tomorrow (at least for my testing center), we'll be getting an email giving us the date "shortly," and that all scores will go out at the same time.

All I feel that info tells us is that it won't be March 6th, since it looks like they still expect a March 1st release date.

dreamscometrue

Postby dreamscometrue » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:25 am

I just got off the phone with LSAC. The person I was speaking to said we would be getting an e-mail on/by Saturday. But when I called a few days earlier, another person said definitely before Friday. So who really knows? :?

But he did seem pretty confident in saying that all of the makeup tests would be completed in February, so I'm assuming Feb. 27 would be the latest test date.

GordonBombay

Postby GordonBombay » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:29 pm

Just spoke to LSAC rep regarding Wagner College - Staten Island

She said either the 20th or 27th. Definitely not tomorrow which was what I REALLY needed to know right now.

DannyBoy_07

Postby DannyBoy_07 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:54 pm

GordonBombay wrote:Just spoke to LSAC rep regarding Wagner College - Staten Island

She said either the 20th or 27th. Definitely not tomorrow which was what I REALLY needed to know right now.

BIIIIG SAAAAVE GOOOOLDBERG.

DannyBoy_07

Postby DannyBoy_07 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:05 pm

just called LSAC, no word, said they would send an email next week.

sweetness.

schand

Postby schand » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:29 pm

Hm, I wonder why Brookdale said March 6th then. If there are conflicts with the test center before then, what is LSAC going to do? Make us take it somewhere else then? I just want to know when we have to take this exam. Arghh

DannyBoy_07

Postby DannyBoy_07 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:31 pm

schand wrote:Hm, I wonder why Brookdale said March 6th then. If there are conflicts with the test center before then, what is LSAC going to do? Make us take it somewhere else then? I just want to know when we have to take this exam. Arghh

March 6 sounds like a crock of shit, I am thinking next week or the week thereafter.

GordonBombay

Postby GordonBombay » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:38 pm

I asked about switching test centers since I was originally bumped from Columbia (won't be the last time heyoooo!) to Wagner due to overbooking, and staying in Manhattan is 100000 times more convenient than Staten Island. They said there is no way and that they didn't think Columbia is retesting since it already administered the test.

I would think there is an obligation to hold the test at the same location, for the school and LSAC contractually, as well as for accessibility for test takers across that area. I would seriously doubt you take the test anywhere besides where you were supposed to on the day it was canceled.

lnc2109

Postby lnc2109 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:40 pm

I just received the following e-mail from Brookdale:
I was just informed that the LSAC has cancelled the march 6th dates at our facility.
Please contact them directly if you haven’t already done so.

So March 6th is cancelled...thank goodness! I would've thrown a huge fit if they bothered to keep it on March 6th.

Perjury

Postby Perjury » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:03 pm

lnc2109 wrote:I just received the following e-mail from Brookdale:
I was just informed that the LSAC has cancelled the march 6th dates at our facility.

So March 6th is cancelled...thank goodness! I would've thrown a huge fit if they bothered to keep it on March 6th.

So your assuming its going to be earlier than March 6, but it could be later than March 6.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:05 pm

Perjury wrote:

So your assuming its going to be earlier than March 6, but it could be later than March 6.

I called for my center and they said 2/20 or 2/27. I'm pretty sure that is when all of the tests are if you call LSAC.

Mr. Matlock

Postby Mr. Matlock » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:08 pm

Perjury wrote:

I'm going to go with May 22nd. Came to me in a dream.

chutzpah

Postby chutzpah » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:47 pm

I guess this means the UDC test will not be this weekend: "The University of the District of Columbia System, including the School of Law... will be closed on Friday, 2/12"

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”