Anybody Else Have Problems Gauging Reading Comp Performance?

monkeyboy

Anybody Else Have Problems Gauging Reading Comp Performance?

Postby monkeyboy » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:08 am

I pretty much know how I've done on LR and LG usually, but reading comp can be tricky. There are times when I think I've bombed but I've in fact done well, and vice versa. Anybody else have the same problem?

JenRUs

Re: Anybody Else Have Problems Gauging Reading Comp Performance?

Postby JenRUs » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:19 am

Yeah I totally agree. Very rarely am I surprised by my LG or arguments scores (though I am occasionally!). But reading is much harder to predict. It's what's giving me the most unrest about this test. I could potentially have gotten several wrong, or I could have done great. It's hard to tell. I tried to think over my answers, but I decided to give up ad *try* to forget about it.

7ED

Postby 7ED » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:20 am

the early ones were easy to tell. the recent ones are a bitch. more abstract questions, i definitely have no idea, though i think i got the "best answer" for each question, i could just as well have bombed 5 of them.

s0ph1e2007

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:21 am

if you remember the questions post which ones you were confused about the answer and people will respond by pming you what the right answer was

or if youre like me you dont remember a single question on the whole exam unless someone else spells it out lol

idkmybffjill

Postby idkmybffjill » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:24 am

Anybody want to PM me what they put for this question for the Edith Wharton passage? : The author's comparison between the architect and the interior designer is most like....

or

The author would probably agree with one of the following (insert options about how enclosures/structure of tradition in society affect culture...etc)

monkeyboy

Postby monkeyboy » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:29 am

s0ph1e2007 wrote:if you remember the questions post which ones you were confused about the answer and people will respond by pming you what the right answer was

or if youre like me you dont remember a single question on the whole exam unless someone else spells it out lol

Yes, I remember very few of them.

monkeyboy

Postby monkeyboy » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:30 am

7ED wrote:the early ones were easy to tell. the recent ones are a bitch. more abstract questions, i definitely have no idea, though i think i got the "best answer" for each question, i could just as well have bombed 5 of them.

Completely agree. It's crazy that our reading comprehension sections are more difficult than those previous takers had to suffer through.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”