Thought Feb Reading Comp Was More Difficult. Anybody Else?

monkeyboy

Thought Feb Reading Comp Was More Difficult. Anybody Else?

Postby monkeyboy » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:25 pm

Maybe I was just tired by that point though.

missinglink

Re: Thought Feb Reading Comp Was More Difficult. Anybody Else?

Postby missinglink » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:57 pm

Last edited by missinglink on Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

monkeyboy

Postby monkeyboy » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:02 pm

missinglink wrote:Had it right after my break, so I was relatively fresh. Thought it was fairly easy.

-3 at most. I've found the biggest determinant of my RC score is my level of fatigue. More fatigue = harder to engage the text.

That was my problem this time. Just couldn't focus. My brain: "Dude, dude, dude, too much crap to process right now. Gimme a break."

Games were fine and LR OK as well. I was just worn out for RC. Oh well, sometimes I only think RC didn't go well. Maybe it was OK.
Last edited by monkeyboy on Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

existenz

Postby existenz » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:03 pm

I don't think it was as hard as Sept. or Dec. On the Darwin comparative passage section, I think I may have bombed at least one of the questions. Something about the main idea of the last paragraph of section B being the same as an issue discussed in passage A. Don't want to get any more specific than that. But it seemed like there were a few good answers and it was hard to decide between them.

monkeyboy

Postby monkeyboy » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:05 pm

existenz wrote:I don't think it was as hard as Sept. or Dec. On the Darwin comparative passage section, I think I may have bombed at least one of the questions. Something about the main idea of the last paragraph of section B being the same as an issue discussed in passage A. Don't want to get any more specific than that. But it seemed like there were a few good answers and it was hard to decide between them.

Yeah, we shouldn't get more specific, but I think a lot of the RC questions were asking you to make that extra connection. I was just too tired. Didn't have a problem making the connections on the games section. Just RC.

jocelyne

Postby jocelyne » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:07 pm

RC was one of my strengths going into the test and now I feel like crap.

RC messed me up big time :cry:
Last edited by jocelyne on Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SoCalKevin

Postby SoCalKevin » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:07 pm

missinglink wrote:I've found the biggest determinant of my RC score is my level of fatigue. More fatigue = harder to engage the text.

NO DOUBT.

I was fighting at the end just to stay focused.

georges2

Postby georges2 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:10 pm

i'm actually confused, i had two reading comp. passages, in one, the comparative passage was about blacklmailing and in the other, the comparative was about Darwin and bla bla bla, can anybody tell me which was experimental?? (im usually good at Rc,and i found both sections to be rather difficult)

fidesverita

Postby fidesverita » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:26 pm

darwin was the real section.

i had trouble with that question too... but i thought it was the answer that discussed them soliciting advice or experimentation from other scientists in the community.

existenz

Postby existenz » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:32 pm

There were three plausible answers there all involving being open-minded to new discoveries. Killer question, wish I had gone back to it at the end.
Last edited by existenz on Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

monkeyboy

Postby monkeyboy » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:39 pm

existenz wrote:I thought it was related to the scientific status quo. But there were three plausible answers there all involving being open-minded to new discoveries. Killer question, wish I had gone back to it at the end.

I experienced so much confusion on the comparative section. It seemed like it should have been so easy, and yet, no. Not at all. The passages weren't crazy difficult to get fundamentally, but it seemed that more trickeration (to use an ESPN term that probably isn't a real word) than normal was involved in the questions.

tikiman6

Postby tikiman6 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:41 pm

Yeah we had experimental RC first, so I was super happy to get RC (probs my worst subject) out of the way, only to find that I had to do it again, and it was harder.

I hated the last passage, couldn't stay very focused, cramped on time, although I finished.

princepointe

Postby princepointe » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:42 pm

monkeyboy wrote:
existenz wrote:I don't think it was as hard as Sept. or Dec. On the Darwin comparative passage section, I think I may have bombed at least one of the questions. Something about the main idea of the last paragraph of section B being the same as an issue discussed in passage A. Don't want to get any more specific than that. But it seemed like there were a few good answers and it was hard to decide between them.

Yeah, we shouldn't get more specific, but I think a lot of the RC questions were asking you to make that extra connection. I was just too tired. Didn't have a problem making the connections on the games section. Just RC.

watch out the LSAC police are trolling boards looking for you guys. lol. ahhhhh the paranoia.

monkeyboy

Postby monkeyboy » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:45 pm

princepointe wrote:
monkeyboy wrote:

watch out the LSAC police are trolling boards looking for you guys. lol. ahhhhh the paranoia.

Ha ha. I guess you're right.

14yearplan

Postby 14yearplan » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:41 pm

existenz wrote:There were three plausible answers there all involving being open-minded to new discoveries. Killer question, wish I had gone back to it at the end.

I'm thinking those 3 were traps. Usually if 3 seem plausible, none are. I think the right one was the opposite of being open-minded, as it referred to them as being [outcasts] (can't remember the term). Any thoughts?

georges2

Postby georges2 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:50 pm

Quick question, i did the last passage on a rush, and it seemed to me that most answers or questions came from the last two paragraphs and nothing from the second paragraph which i barely read(the one of the nigerian language or something), was it just me or i totally screwd it?

charlesxavier

Postby charlesxavier » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:53 pm

georges2 wrote:Quick question, i did the last passage on a rush, and it seemed to me that most answers or questions came from the last two paragraphs and nothing from the second paragraph which i barely read(the one of the nigerian language or something), was it just me or i totally screwd it?

I don't know about a lot, but I know at least a few specifically focused on information presented in the last 2. I was doing it quickly so it was nice that a lot of the information was right there.

14yearplan

Postby 14yearplan » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:10 pm

existenz

Postby existenz » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:19 pm

14yearplan wrote:
existenz wrote:There were three plausible answers there all involving being open-minded to new discoveries. Killer question, wish I had gone back to it at the end.

I'm thinking those 3 were traps. Usually if 3 seem plausible, none are. I think the right one was the opposite of being open-minded, as it referred to them as being [outcasts] (can't remember the term). Any thoughts?

I'm not sure about this advice. Go look at PT 55 and the Chinese talk-story questions. One of them asks what the author's tone was and two answers were "Deep respect" and "Scholarly appreciation". Very similar answers, you could almost flip a coin, but one of them was right and one was wrong.

I don't think this particular answer had to do with them being outcasts. But who knows, maybe you got it.

14yearplan

Postby 14yearplan » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:55 am

becauseimaddicted

Postby becauseimaddicted » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:14 pm

I don't know if it was objectively more difficult, but I think RC was definitely where I lost most of my points. I wasn't sure about three or four questions. I found the comparative to be the easiest.

I found it difficult to ascertain the tone of the passage relating to an author. Thoughts?

tj1320

Postby tj1320 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:57 pm

Definitely my worst section. I was fatigued by that point and I didn't choose the passages wisely, spending too much time on one when I could and should have chosen another, easier one. Oh well.

monkeyboy

Postby monkeyboy » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:07 pm

tj1320 wrote:Definitely my worst section. I was fatigued by that point and I didn't choose the passages wisely, spending too much time on one when I could and should have chosen another, easier one. Oh well.

Yeah, my brain was so drained at that point, I don't think I was reading the passages fully at all. I was just reading bits and pieces, trying to put together big picture while answering the questions. It will be interesting to see how I did. Probably not well.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”