Expiremental December RC was Feb Real RC? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
cpc989

New

Expiremental December RC was Feb Real RC?

Post by cpc989 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:33 pm

I just talked to a friend after the test who claimed that his experimental RC in December was the real RC that he just took in Feb... He said that all 4 passages were the same. How can this be fair / possible? I guess he could be wrong in thinking this was the case and obviously there is no way to check because LSAC does not let us see our experimental but he seemed pretty adamant and if he is right that would be completely unfair in my opinion.

I do not think that this post in any way violates the contract with LSAC but if anyone thinks that it does please remove my post immediately.

bakemono

New

Re: Expiremental December RC was Feb Real RC?

Post by bakemono » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:54 am

someone else on TLS mentioned this fact already. Obviously, he has the advatnage of familiarity but.. hmm.... actually that's enough. I would remember some of my answers.

joekim1

New

Post by joekim1 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:58 am

no that's definitely unfair. i'm surprised lsat actually had the balls to use an experimental as a real section for the very next exam. at the very least, i'd suspect a three-test interval.

existenz

Silver

Post by existenz » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:06 am

Yeah, I had the experimental RC in Dec. Same four passages and questions as today. I was surprised they wouldn't have a year interval between experimental/real, but I won't complain. That said, it's not like I knew which answers were right. The only benefit was a tad bit of familiarity with the material.

Honestly I'd much rather get to do a LG section over again. Now that's a section where a redo would really help.

monkeyboy

Bronze

Post by monkeyboy » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:17 am

joekim1 wrote:no that's definitely unfair. i'm surprised lsat actually had the balls to use an experimental as a real section for the very next exam. at the very least, i'd suspect a three-test interval.
Agreed. I am so burnt on that, man. Wow. That is bunk, and it absolutely yields an unfair advantage.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Xizenta

Bronze

Post by Xizenta » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:24 am

Passage 1 and 3 were not from december experimental... however, 2 and 4 were.
I had it and didn't feel any advantage. If it were games or LR I would feel advantaged... but I honestly couldnt remember any of the answers to RC.

ljbc03

New

Post by ljbc03 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:50 pm

Wouldn't it be helpful then for people to try to remember subjects of their experimental RC from the FEB test if they are going to take in June again? Although i doubt LSAC would do this twice in a row--seems so unlikely to me they'd use experimentals for real in nxt test.

Do you think it was a mistake on their part? They usually seem so strategic.

Anyhow, my RC experimental was:

Diversity: Negro Theatre during Depression
Scientific: Foreign Plants competing for space w/ Native Plants
Others: ??

Anyhow remember them or have diff RC experimental? I have a feeling some might as I found my experimental difficult, but others wrote their experimental was easy.

Relientkate

Bronze

Post by Relientkate » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:34 pm

I had an experimental rc in December and took the LSAT again in Feb, and I can tell you with certainty that none of these passages were the same, at least on my tests.

gltm

New

Post by gltm » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:58 pm

Only 1 was I believe.
And besides, people that had RC didn't necessarily have the same one.

I mentioned this before and I'll say it again:

How many test takers from December wrote again in Feb? I would say no more than 20%. How many of those 20% received an RC as an experimental? I'd say 25% of those, or in other words 5% of December test takers. How many remembered the content of the passages? I'd say a very, very small amount!

There might have been a slight advantage for those of us that saw the RC again, but like the other person mentioned, I didn't remember any of the correct answers.

I don't think it was an advantage.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”