Got OWNED/PWN3D by LG!!! (LG talk ONLY in this thread, thx)

spearnreel
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:30 pm

Re: Got OWNED/PWN3D by LG!!! (LG talk ONLY in this thread, thx)

Postby spearnreel » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:37 pm

JasonR wrote:
s0ph1e2007 wrote:-14 would mean 4 wrong for a 180??
is that what december had? thats crazy awesome!!



anyways...
so I have an average on about 30 tests of a 180 and I got owned by the LG on this test. Im pretty pissed about it.

The people who keep saying it was easy, just time consuming, I dont think get what we mean by 'hard'.
If it takes so long that you struggle to finish or dont have enough time to feel confident about an answer that makes it 'hard'.
I thought it was hard because 1. some of the questions felt out of the blue, I'd never seen them before (I think I've seen the replace a rule like once before maybe) and 2. I felt insanely pressed for time. On my first section when they called 5 minutes I almost raised my hand to protest that they clearly only gave us 30 minutes :(


So you made a 180 on 30 prep tests that you timed and scored honestly and accurately? I'm gonna step out on a limb here and call BS.


I'm on the same limb..."an average on about 30 tests of a 180"?
Way to go! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaOtGsEIHbk

JasonR
Posts: 421
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:09 am

Re: Got OWNED/PWN3D by LG!!! (LG talk ONLY in this thread, thx)

Postby JasonR » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:38 pm

spearnreel wrote:I finished the counted LG section with ample time remaining. Diagrammed the first game (skipped the questions because I wanted to warm up on an easier game), looked over the second game (really didn't appeal to me at the time), decided to hop straight to the forth game (completed with little emotion), jumped back to the third game (smoke began to spew out of my ears). Flipped over the score sheet, did the double bubble signature raise the hand see ya later.


LOL

Sorry it went that way for you, but that was funny.

Demeter
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:54 pm

Re: Got OWNED/PWN3D by LG!!! (LG talk ONLY in this thread, thx)

Postby Demeter » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:42 pm

Sorry to ask again, but I'm really thinking about canceling and need to know asap which LG game was real. The one I did horrible on had something about facutly/students and putting them into order by presentations, and fri/saturday workdays. ANYONE KNOW IF THIS WAS REAL OR EXPERIMENTAL? I'm begging here! Will be overseas tomorrow and cannot cancel from there!

tomwatts
Posts: 1551
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:01 am

Re: Got OWNED/PWN3D by LG!!! (LG talk ONLY in this thread, thx)

Postby tomwatts » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:00 pm

Demeter wrote:Sorry to ask again, but I'm really thinking about canceling and need to know asap which LG game was real. The one I did horrible on had something about facutly/students and putting them into order by presentations, and fri/saturday workdays. ANYONE KNOW IF THIS WAS REAL OR EXPERIMENTAL? I'm begging here! Will be overseas tomorrow and cannot cancel from there!

Dude, look at page 4 of this very topic. I posted the real logic games in order there.

Demeter
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:54 pm

Re: Got OWNED/PWN3D by LG!!! (LG talk ONLY in this thread, thx)

Postby Demeter » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:05 pm

Somehow completely missed that, sorry for the mistake. Great news for me though! Thank you for the post!

sikness
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Got OWNED/PWN3D by LG!!! (LG talk ONLY in this thread, thx)

Postby sikness » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:09 pm

yea i had two logic games in the beginning...

the first one... challenging.. but was able to finish 90% of the last game.. guessed on last one..

the second section.. seemed easy.. a little too easy... Im not sure which is the experimental.. but it seems like everyone is saying the harder one was...
All i remember of the second section is of a restriction of R in 1 or 6..

User avatar
s0ph1e2007
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: Got OWNED/PWN3D by LG!!! (LG talk ONLY in this thread, thx)

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:38 pm

JasonR wrote:
s0ph1e2007 wrote:-14 would mean 4 wrong for a 180??
is that what december had? thats crazy awesome!!



anyways...
so I have an average on about 30 tests of a 180 and I got owned by the LG on this test. Im pretty pissed about it.

The people who keep saying it was easy, just time consuming, I dont think get what we mean by 'hard'.
If it takes so long that you struggle to finish or dont have enough time to feel confident about an answer that makes it 'hard'.
I thought it was hard because 1. some of the questions felt out of the blue, I'd never seen them before (I think I've seen the replace a rule like once before maybe) and 2. I felt insanely pressed for time. On my first section when they called 5 minutes I almost raised my hand to protest that they clearly only gave us 30 minutes :(


So you made a 180 on 30 prep tests that you timed and scored honestly and accurately? I'm gonna step out on a limb here and call BS.


Ha, um ok
Whatever you say.

Anyways, just trying to join the consensus that this test's LG was surprisingly time consuming. They stank.

newmvmnt
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:10 pm

Re: LG OWNED me. (LG talk ONLY in this thread, thanks)

Postby newmvmnt » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:19 pm

rocker1487 wrote:I found the exp LG section to be much easier than the real one.. anybody think that LG about the time slots for the hosts was stupid? That one rule about who could go in the last two slots tripped me up, it was awkward and annoying.


YES! That pissed me off so bad it almost ruined the whole test for me. I just had to calm down and skip it the rules were soooooooo not clear or able to interpret

lawwschool
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:21 pm

Re: Got OWNED/PWN3D by LG!!! (LG talk ONLY in this thread, thx)

Postby lawwschool » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:34 pm

took the feb 10 lsat. 2nd time taking it, first score was a 163. ivy league grad, 3.6 gpa, have been working at a major investment bank since college.

felt pretty good except i bombed the lg section, just got thrown off by the time suck in the first game that threw me off for the rest of the section. definitely ended up guessing on atleast 9/10 of the questions in the lg game.

want to get in a T10 law school so was hoping to get in the high 160s to average out atleast a 165/166.

should i cancel?, retake for a 3rd time? or just try to apply with a 163?

Camron
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:22 pm

Re: Got OWNED/PWN3D by LG!!! (LG talk ONLY in this thread, thx)

Postby Camron » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:25 pm

The juicer/mixer thing was the only one I pretty much had figured out. I got rocked by the first one (no time for the 4th one, just had to guess). Did it state a rule of 4 courses per term or did you need to infer that through the rules??? If it stated that, I am going to be kicking myself because I just thought it was undefined for both groups.

User avatar
goosey
Posts: 1543
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:48 pm

Re: Got OWNED/PWN3D by LG!!! (LG talk ONLY in this thread, thx)

Postby goosey » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:38 pm

Camron wrote:The juicer/mixer thing was the only one I pretty much had figured out. I got rocked by the first one (no time for the 4th one, just had to guess). Did it state a rule of 4 courses per term or did you need to infer that through the rules??? If it stated that, I am going to be kicking myself because I just thought it was undefined for both groups.



i dont think it stated a rule..and I dont even remember if I ever made the inference.

I really hope I lucked out on the games, but I am confident this is a repeat performance--in june dinos was the "hard game" and I only got one question wrong on it--the problem is it ate up all my time and I didnt have enough time to finish the last game. same thing this time..I didnt have enough time to finish the last game, so likely most of my wrong answers will be from that game and roughly one each from the other games. I got -9 on games in june and -8 in sept because of the same exact reasons. Im looking at -8 again, -5 at best.

User avatar
Sammi
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:52 pm

Re: Got OWNED/PWN3D by LG!!! (LG talk ONLY in this thread, thx)

Postby Sammi » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:17 pm

First of all, bless you, whoever made this thread :)

My sections went like this:

LG, LR, RC, LR, RC, so the LG section for me (section 1) was indeed real, and on page 4, whoever posted the order is dead on (although it wasn't Zulla's interviews--she was one of the Juicer characters along with Taylor... although I cannot remember the name of the interviewer).

I too, am really sad that my first RC wasn't real (as it was crazy easy!) although it did give me an excellent confidence boost to close out the test--like you all, I was freaked about the LG section and had been PTing pretty well all around up until the test.

User avatar
somewhatwayward
Posts: 1446
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Got OWNED/PWN3D by LG!!! (LG talk ONLY in this thread, thx)

Postby somewhatwayward » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:05 pm

s0ph1e2007 wrote:
JasonR wrote:
s0ph1e2007 wrote:-14 would mean 4 wrong for a 180??
is that what december had? thats crazy awesome!!



anyways...
so I have an average on about 30 tests of a 180 and I got owned by the LG on this test. Im pretty pissed about it.

The people who keep saying it was easy, just time consuming, I dont think get what we mean by 'hard'.
If it takes so long that you struggle to finish or dont have enough time to feel confident about an answer that makes it 'hard'.
I thought it was hard because 1. some of the questions felt out of the blue, I'd never seen them before (I think I've seen the replace a rule like once before maybe) and 2. I felt insanely pressed for time. On my first section when they called 5 minutes I almost raised my hand to protest that they clearly only gave us 30 minutes :(


So you made a 180 on 30 prep tests that you timed and scored honestly and accurately? I'm gonna step out on a limb here and call BS.


Ha, um ok
Whatever you say.

Anyways, just trying to join the consensus that this test's LG was surprisingly time consuming. They stank.


well, as someone with a much less stellar PT track record, i must defer to you, but still i humbly stick with what i said earlier. they weren't that bad. i just fucked it up bc my mind froze and i missed some obvious inferences. they were a bit time-consuming but do-able if you worked reasonably quickly.

lilili
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:32 pm

Re: LG OWNED me. (LG talk ONLY in this thread, thanks)

Postby lilili » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:11 pm

JCougar wrote:I thought it was similar to the December section. I found that games 1 and 3 were easy, but I got hosed again by game 2, the in/out game. I spent the entire week acing in/out games in practice, and this morning before the test, I busted out PT31 and did the CDs game (the hardest in/out game out there). I hadn't done that game for 5 months, and I aced it before I even had my coffee. I thought I was ready, but I guess not. I will be forever PWNED by in/out games.

And because of that game, I was short on time for the last game, which seemed easy enough, but I just ran out of time and had to guess on the last 4. I also guessed on 3 on game 2, so I guessed on a total of 7 for the LG section. That's no better or worse than what I had done before, though. It sucks, though, because something that is so simple at home I simply can't get done in a test center. I could have really used the -0 or -1 I usually get on practice games sections, but it's the third time I've tried and third time I've messed up, so I give up. Thankfully, I'll never have to take one of those games again.



I know exactly how you feel. The most wrong answers I've ever gotten on LG at home is 2, and I do not give myself any extra time. But for some reason when I actually took the LSAT I bombed the section I'm best at. fml

User avatar
existenz
Posts: 927
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:06 am

Re: Got OWNED/PWN3D by LG!!! (LG talk ONLY in this thread, thx)

Postby existenz » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:48 pm

Camron wrote:The juicer/mixer thing was the only one I pretty much had figured out. I got rocked by the first one (no time for the 4th one, just had to guess). Did it state a rule of 4 courses per term or did you need to infer that through the rules??? If it stated that, I am going to be kicking myself because I just thought it was undefined for both groups.

I'm pretty sure it was undefined for both groups.

cookie4me
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:28 pm

Re: Got OWNED/PWN3D by LG!!! (LG talk ONLY in this thread, thx)

Postby cookie4me » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:00 am

existenz wrote:
Camron wrote:The juicer/mixer thing was the only one I pretty much had figured out. I got rocked by the first one (no time for the 4th one, just had to guess). Did it state a rule of 4 courses per term or did you need to infer that through the rules??? If it stated that, I am going to be kicking myself because I just thought it was undefined for both groups.


I'm pretty sure it was undefined for both groups.




From what I remember it was undefined. Nothing in the rules explicitly or implicitly stated any specific number.

User avatar
invisiblesun
Posts: 329
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:01 pm

Re: Got OWNED/PWN3D by LG!!! (LG talk ONLY in this thread, thx)

Postby invisiblesun » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:25 pm

iirc, 6/2 was possible as well as 4/4 in that game

ljbc03
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 10:09 am

Re: Got OWNED/PWN3D by LG!!! (LG talk ONLY in this thread, thx)

Postby ljbc03 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:23 pm

the terms were def undefined with the exception of some needing to be grouped together each term.

4/4 nec. was a mistake i think they wanted u to make based on 8 total. it almost got me but i reread carefully to make sure. there was no stated 4/4 rule

ljbc03
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 10:09 am

Re: Got OWNED/PWN3D by LG!!! (LG talk ONLY in this thread, thx)

Postby ljbc03 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:23 pm

the terms were def undefined with the exception of some needing to be grouped together each term.

4/4 nec. was a mistake i think they wanted u to make based on 8 total. it almost got me but i reread carefully to make sure. there was no stated 4/4 rule

User avatar
dibs
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: Got OWNED/PWN3D by LG!!! (LG talk ONLY in this thread, thx)

Postby dibs » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:25 pm

that's how i approached it, lj, though i can't say whether it was the right approach or not. there was no stated 4-4 rule, which is the primary reason (in my opinion) that the inferences became so convoluded and "hard" (or lengthy, if you want).

ljbc03
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 10:09 am

Re: Got OWNED/PWN3D by LG!!! (LG talk ONLY in this thread, thx)

Postby ljbc03 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:47 pm

i think not inferring a 4/4 rule was the way to go. i've done a lot of lg on practice tests and was averaging -1 or -0. i think i got them all right in this game (although i hate that we may never know bc feb test takers don't get the breakdown).

i was pretty sure i saw this before, where they wanted u to assume a rule that didn't exist to throw you off track.

the last two (juicer and i can't remember the 4th) threw me off. for some reason i spent too much time on the juicer and then was frazzled for the 4th... what was the sub on the 4th?

does anyone know the numerical breakdown of questions per game?
set 1: _ questions?
set 2: _questions?
set 3: _questions?
set 4: _questions?

User avatar
existenz
Posts: 927
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:06 am

Re: Got OWNED/PWN3D by LG!!! (LG talk ONLY in this thread, thx)

Postby existenz » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:17 pm

ljbc03 wrote:does anyone know the numerical breakdown of questions per game?
set 1: _ questions? (5)
set 2: _questions? (6)
set 3: _questions? (5 or 6)
set 4: _questions? (6 or 7)

jcc9q3
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: Got OWNED/PWN3D by LG!!! (LG talk ONLY in this thread, thx)

Postby jcc9q3 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:03 pm

There were 7 questions on the last logic game...It was a linear.

bakemono
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 3:54 am

Re: Got OWNED/PWN3D by LG!!! (LG talk ONLY in this thread, thx)

Postby bakemono » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:50 am

s0ph1e2007 wrote:-14 would mean 4 wrong for a 180??
is that what december had? thats crazy awesome!!



anyways...
so I have an average on about 30 tests of a 180 and I got owned by the LG on this test. Im pretty pissed about it.

The people who keep saying it was easy, just time consuming, I dont think get what we mean by 'hard'.
If it takes so long that you struggle to finish or dont have enough time to feel confident about an answer that makes it 'hard'.
I thought it was hard because 1. some of the questions felt out of the blue, I'd never seen them before (I think I've seen the replace a rule like once before maybe) and 2. I felt insanely pressed for time. On my first section when they called 5 minutes I almost raised my hand to protest that they clearly only gave us 30 minutes :(



the replace a rule has been done like 10-15 times in lsat history...guess you just didn't take enough tests?

tomwatts
Posts: 1551
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:01 am

Re: Got OWNED/PWN3D by LG!!! (LG talk ONLY in this thread, thx)

Postby tomwatts » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:15 pm

bakemono wrote:the replace a rule has been done like 10-15 times in lsat history...guess you just didn't take enough tests?

Are you thinking of something like PT 41's question 7, in which we change a rule and then see what the result is? That's kind of different. They just give a new rule and ask what the effect is. What we've been doing in the past year is trying to find a new rule that would have the same effect. They're obviously related, but they're not really the same.

I can't immediately come up with any examples of something exactly like PT 57's question 5 or 58's question 23 from before PT 57. Can anyone else?




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], wildquest8200 and 3 guests