does LSAC automatically forward new LSAT scores to schools?

somewhatwayward

does LSAC automatically forward new LSAT scores to schools?

Postby somewhatwayward » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:36 pm

the title pretty much sums it up. i applied to schools with my sept score, and i've heard from most of them. however, i retook today, and i am wondering whether LSAC will send my score from today to all the schools or whether i have to request them to forward it.

cpc989

Re: does LSAC automatically forward new LSAT scores to schools?

Postby cpc989 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:05 pm

I'm in the same situation, though I havnt heard from most of the schools yet, I sent in my apps starting early jan finishing late jan. From what I understand, and from the schools that I have talked to about this, they can update your application but you must ask them to do so.

I ran into the problem of putting on my applications that I was planning on taking the Feb LSAT which puts most applications on hold. I had to tell them all to go ahead and process my application and I will call them again once I get my score. You would think that they would automatically update your score, but from my understanding they dont.

groundkontrol

Postby groundkontrol » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:06 pm

Yeah they automatically send it. I took the retook the December LSAT and LSAC automatically sent the updated score to the schools I applied to. I also made sure to email each school individually and tell them that my new score was on its and to please hold off on a decision until it arrived.

lebob

Postby lebob » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:09 pm

Yes they do.

I applied this cycle, and even though I didn't tell the schools that I would be re-taking, they automatically received notice from the LSAC and held my application until my new scores came in.

If you are going to retake, some schools will be willing to review your application before the new score comes in. You have to REQUEST it though.

However, some (most?) schools won't let you do this, and they will set your application aside until all of your scores come in.

somewhatwayward

Postby somewhatwayward » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:17 pm

^
i applied with my sept scores, and even though i signed up for the feb lsat, columbia still admitted me in late jan without waiting for my feb score.

the position i am in is that i know i bombed a section, so i am pretty sure i want to cancel unless it is possible for me to wait and see what the score is and then just not update my application if the score is bad, kinda like score choice for the SAT?

edit: also, if the remaining schools have put a 'hold' on my app, and i decide to cancel, i don't really want to write them and say 'i cancelled my feb lsat score....just wanted to let you know in case you were waiting on it'

somewhatwayward

Postby somewhatwayward » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:34 am

bump

i'm wondering if anyone has any info on my last post

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”