Feb LSAT Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
jcc9q3

New

Feb LSAT

Post by jcc9q3 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:32 pm

I thought LG were hard. Everything else average...

cafloyd12

New

Re: Feb LSAT

Post by cafloyd12 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:34 pm

Agreed. I was sort of taken aback by that. The LG on the Sept. LSAT were MUCH easier. In my opinion, anyways. I wonder what the curve is going to be for this one.

Gwen

Bronze

Post by Gwen » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:35 pm

You two must have scored a 120 ... the LGs were very easy

charlesxavier

Bronze

Post by charlesxavier » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:41 pm

Games were not extremely difficult, but they were all time wasters. My experimental games section was a breeze. Really disappointing.

gatorhoosier

New

Post by gatorhoosier » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:42 pm

I
Last edited by gatorhoosier on Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cafloyd12

New

Post by cafloyd12 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:42 pm

lol I certainly hope not since last time I scored a 164. I was hoping for at least a few points higher. But oh, well. I think there's different tests anyways.

Bruiser

New

Post by Bruiser » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:51 pm

They were timewasters, you're right, now that I think about it. It wasn't that they were too hard to figure out, it just took a few minutes. LG are my weakest area and I thought I had them down, but I guess not. I finally gave up on one and did the other 3. I ended up guessing on a few. Overall, I think I probably got about 10 wrong total for that section.

Gwen

Bronze

Post by Gwen » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:53 pm

Bruiser wrote:They were timewasters, you're right, now that I think about it. It wasn't that they were too hard to figure out, it just took a few minutes. LG are my weakest area and I thought I had them down, but I guess not. I finally gave up on one and did the other 3. I ended up guessing on a few. Overall, I think I probably got about 10 wrong total for that section.
What is your score goal?

eros

New

Post by eros » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:10 pm

Bruiser wrote:They were timewasters, you're right, now that I think about it. It wasn't that they were too hard to figure out, it just took a few minutes. LG are my weakest area and I thought I had them down, but I guess not. I finally gave up on one and did the other 3. I ended up guessing on a few. Overall, I think I probably got about 10 wrong total for that section.
I absolutely agree with this assessment. I've taken the past three lsats now, and i've definitely noticed a trend toward this as well as lsac seems to be trying to counter against people who are overprepared for the "standard" LG game types.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

becauseimaddicted

New

Post by becauseimaddicted » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:35 pm

I found LG easy (its kind of freaking me out that everyone else struggled...maybe I missed something?) and LR and RC on the harder side. There were about 5 questions I wasn't sure about in both my RC and second LR section...hopefully I'm a good guesser (as I was able to narrow all of them down) and went -2 or -3 on each.

Am hoping the scores will be released ASAP so I can finally complete my applications. I know I did better than September and December (161 and 160).

Gwen

Bronze

Post by Gwen » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:49 pm

becauseimaddicted wrote:I found LG easy (its kind of freaking me out that everyone else struggled...maybe I missed something?) and LR and RC on the harder side. There were about 5 questions I wasn't sure about in both my RC and second LR section...hopefully I'm a good guesser (as I was able to narrow all of them down) and went -2 or -3 on each.

Am hoping the scores will be released ASAP so I can finally complete my applications. I know I did better than September and December (161 and 160).
The LG was easy for me too. I usually get them all right(except during the June 2009 exam :oops: ).

thekingiv

New

Post by thekingiv » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:00 pm

Peter North wrote:
jcc9q3 wrote:I thought LG were hard. Everything else average...
Yep... third one I did well in in LG 3, but it was the fake one...

some stuff on the third one... faculty/student presentation... Friday/Saturday thing..

but the Gatherings and Heartfire games PWNED me.
Dude, what was that last one? I have no recollection of it. And I remember professors but no students. Am I crazy?

mazz

New

Post by mazz » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:04 pm

professors and students? i completely don't remember this game.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

cgs230

New

Post by cgs230 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:20 pm

I thought RC was toughest...ran out of time. LG always is my weakest, but overall I thought it was ... okay.

Who knows. Even on practice tests I think I'm doing terrible and turn out ok. Except the only difference is here I have to wait 3 weeks!

kacee

New

Post by kacee » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:29 pm

becauseimaddicted wrote:I found LG easy (its kind of freaking me out that everyone else struggled...maybe I missed something?)
I feel the same way, but then again I felt that way taking the most recent practice test LGs I had available (55, 56, 57). I think doing a great number of much earlier LGs helped a lot. Some of the questions this time certainly took a little while (had to diagram hypotheticals for almost every answer) but I thought they were all exceptionally straightforward, to the point where I was just straight worried that I had made some incorrect inference that was making it so easy.

I could still be right. This is my greatest fear.

Demeter

New

Post by Demeter » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:35 pm

I think the one you are not remembering was the experimental one, (RIGHT??!!!) I really hope so because I felt WAY better about the other one. Both LG's had students on them, but the one I took that I am thinking was experimental had one w/ students/teachers and 2 work days.

s0ph1e2007

Silver

Post by s0ph1e2007 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:37 pm

I had two LGs as my sections 1 and 2 and I just could not calm down in time I think.
My average LG score is -0 and ranges from -0 to -1 and I just felt overwhelmed by the LG sections

:( oh well my cycle is next year ill check the score and retake it in june if i dont like it

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Thirteen

Diamond

Post by Thirteen » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:40 pm

Gwen wrote:You two must have scored a 120 ... the LGs were very easy
I thought the games were hard, but I'm sure I scored higher than a 120 (retaking a decent score). Take the bitchiness somewhere else.

Gwen

Bronze

Post by Gwen » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:29 pm

Thirteen wrote:
I thought the games were hard, but I'm sure I scored higher than a 120 (retaking a decent score). Take the bitchiness somewhere else.
:roll: Take the pussiness somewhere else

monkeyboy

Bronze

Post by monkeyboy » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:19 am

Gwen wrote:
Thirteen wrote:
:roll: Take the pussiness somewhere else
Meow!

TheTopBloke

Bronze

Post by TheTopBloke » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:28 am

Fuck the February LSAT!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

JSIM462

New

Post by JSIM462 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:32 am

Gwen wrote:
becauseimaddicted wrote:I found LG easy (its kind of freaking me out that everyone else struggled...maybe I missed something?) and LR and RC on the harder side. There were about 5 questions I wasn't sure about in both my RC and second LR section...hopefully I'm a good guesser (as I was able to narrow all of them down) and went -2 or -3 on each.

The LG was easy for me too. I usually get them all right(except during the June 2009 exam :oops: ).
Those damn dinosaurs....

novaman14

New

Post by novaman14 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:51 am

for people who had 2 experimental logic games, which one do you think was the actual experimental one......or if you didnt have two logic games, what was one of the you had in yoursection. IM trying to figure this out because I might cancel if the one section of my logic games was not experimental because it was incredibly difficult for me and i left way to many blank to have any chance of getting a score i want.

7ED

Bronze

Post by 7ED » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:01 am

I F**#*#)($*& SWEAR. I hate logical reasoning experimentals SO much.

ANyways, im glad im not the only one who had trouble with the logic games. I must admit though, I don't think it was because it was hard so much as I got cocky. I finished the first section (LR) 10 minutes early, and i sauntered out to the bathroom (after double checking) thinking im the shit. Never checked my watch for the LG, and took my time checking answers. When he called 5 minutes, i had to speed through.

I missed 3 questions, on one, i guessed, on another I think i crossed out some of the worst answer choices, so 50/50 or slightly less, and on the last I think I had the recent answer, though not too certain (A for number 23 hopefully? XD).

HUBRIS > me.

I averaged 178 on the practice tests, but i used to rely on the logic games as free marks. Im seriously considering cancelling this and retaking.

fes456

New

Post by fes456 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:20 am

dude cancel it...I'm the same way I never get more than 1 or 2 wrong on the games, but ended up guessing on 3 questions on the non-experimental game section...I'm not canceling mine only because I think I did better than I usually do on the other 3 sections (I have a hard time on RC)

shooting for a 174, and depending on the curve I think I have a good chance of getting it

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”