How'd it go?

MBZags

Re: How'd it go?

Postby MBZags » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:16 pm

rtvendetti wrote:
MBZags wrote:
rtvendetti wrote:ours was cancelled...so how were the lg? im curious if we will get the same test on the retake

You won't.

they would make a whole new test even on a nondisclosed? it will be nex saturday, well so says the lsac rep i talked to..they must have extra tests or somethng

Yeah, the people who got snowed out in December took a completely different (undisclosed) test than the rest of us. LSAC has to be prepared for this kind of stuff; there is too much potential for irregularities if they gave you the same test.

birD

Postby birD » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:18 pm

I don't think I could have done any better on today than what I did, which is good.

+1 and I looooove that feeling

had 3 LRs and I'm curious which was experimental...anyone have any ideas? I had LR LG LR RC LR

gbn

Postby gbn » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:18 pm

can anyone set up a chat?

fumus

Postby fumus » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:19 pm

Forcier wrote:
gmreplay wrote:It went badly.

My first section was LG, which is by far my worst of the three. It was rather difficult and I was certain that it was the experimental. The next up was reading, which I did great on. That was a shame, because despite my great outlay of focus on the reading, I got nailed with another reading in the second half, which means that the first was experimental. This means that I did poorly on the LG, and the reading I thought I did well on didn't count (but the one I'm certain I didn't do as well on does). That's a major disappointment. If I had two LG and only the one reading I think my score might be in the 166 range, but given the turn of fate that hit me I think I'm more likely to get a 160. And man does it hurt. Should I cancel? I'm not interested in anything below top 30, and if I get below a 164-165 I'm certainly going to retake it.

man this is exactly how mine went. for whatever reason... this being my first sitting maybe... I froze in the first section LG and sucked. dominate LR, RC, LR and then BAM.... replaced my awesome RC with another fail. Did poorly cuz I really thought fate was going to give me another LG and then I realized with 30 seconds to spare I had bubbled 28 for 27 questions... never fixed them all. FML. I swore I'd never be a retaker.... now thoughts of cancel for the next few days

Yea this is how my test was too. I was hoping for another LG section so I could improve. It never came, except in my case I thought I did better on the second RC, that first one caused me to zone out quite a bit with the material they were discussing. It was tough to keep my head in the game, the second RC...I dunno I was just sharper after the break and I galvanized myself a bit. I finished it with like 2 min left, which aside from my LG which I ran out of time on, was the most time I used on the test.

That writing part is such a joke everyone in my testing room was done in no more that 20 min. We all just sat there for awhile looking like goons.

KennyG

Postby KennyG » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:20 pm

My order was: LG, LR, LG, LR, RC. The first logic games was significantly harder than the second and I froze it. If it isn't the experimental I'm in trouble. I thought the rest of it was pretty easy though.

dynomite

Postby dynomite » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:20 pm

I had 2 RC sections, both of which I found substantially easier than recent prior sections.

maks25

Postby maks25 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:21 pm

fumus wrote:
Forcier wrote:
gmreplay wrote:It went badly.

My first section was LG, which is by far my worst of the three. It was rather difficult and I was certain that it was the experimental. The next up was reading, which I did great on. That was a shame, because despite my great outlay of focus on the reading, I got nailed with another reading in the second half, which means that the first was experimental. This means that I did poorly on the LG, and the reading I thought I did well on didn't count (but the one I'm certain I didn't do as well on does). That's a major disappointment. If I had two LG and only the one reading I think my score might be in the 166 range, but given the turn of fate that hit me I think I'm more likely to get a 160. And man does it hurt. Should I cancel? I'm not interested in anything below top 30, and if I get below a 164-165 I'm certainly going to retake it.

man this is exactly how mine went. for whatever reason... this being my first sitting maybe... I froze in the first section LG and sucked. dominate LR, RC, LR and then BAM.... replaced my awesome RC with another fail. Did poorly cuz I really thought fate was going to give me another LG and then I realized with 30 seconds to spare I had bubbled 28 for 27 questions... never fixed them all. FML. I swore I'd never be a retaker.... now thoughts of cancel for the next few days

Yea this is how my test was too. I was hoping for another LG section so I could improve. It never came, except in my case I thought I did better on the second RC, that first one caused me to zone out quite a bit with the material they were discussing. It was tough to keep my head in the game, the second RC...I dunno I was just sharper after the break and I galvanized myself a bit. I finished it with like 2 min left, which aside from my LG which I ran out of time on, was the most time I used on the test.

That writing part is such a joke everyone in my testing room was done in no more that 20 min. We all just sat there for awhile looking like goons.

does everyone get the same subject for the writing test?

Massimiliano

Postby Massimiliano » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:23 pm

My sections were RC, LG, LR, RC, LR

Pretty sure section 1 was experimental, which is too bad because I found it pretty easy.

maks25

Postby maks25 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:24 pm

fumus

Postby fumus » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:25 pm

YCrevolution

Postby YCrevolution » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:26 pm

Bruiser

Postby Bruiser » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:27 pm

My order was LG, LR, LG, LR, RC. Of course, my nemisis LG was given twice. I wasted too much time on the dumb apartment/dog owner question. I found the LR (both sections) to be pretty easy. There were only one or two that threw me and I ended with a few minutes to spare. I don't know if that's a good thing or bad thing? I thought the RC passages weren't too bad but some of the questions were a bit tough.
This is my second time taking it. I took it Dec. 08' and it didn't go great. I was very stressed (family situations) and got no sleep the night before. I prepared pretty well this time and still feel like I didn't do very well on the LG but felt really good about the other parts.

ShiftyOne

Postby ShiftyOne » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:29 pm

Forcier wrote:
gbn wrote:which previous LSAT number contained a RC passage section that had to do with video taped interviews of ppl in courtrooms

I'll see if I can find it. I know what you are talking about... the old passage talked about visual displays in the courtroom reenacting crime scenes or whatever... this was was a little more specific. Interviews.

That one was 58, they are not similar at all.

This one was much easier than December, LR were easy/medium, Games medium, and RC easy. I imagine a brutal curve.

charlesxavier

Postby charlesxavier » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:31 pm

Bruiser wrote:My order was LG, LR, LG, LR, RC. Of course, my nemisis LG was given twice. I wasted too much time on the dumb apartment/dog owner question. I found the LR (both sections) to be pretty easy. There were only one or two that threw me and I ended with a few minutes to spare. I don't know if that's a good thing or bad thing? I thought the RC passages weren't too bad but some of the questions were a bit tough.
This is my second time taking it. I took it Dec. 08' and it didn't go great. I was very stressed (family situations) and got no sleep the night before. I prepared pretty well this time and still feel like I didn't do very well on the LG but felt really good about the other parts.

Same order here. While LG is my nemesis as well I am glad that I got it twice because it isn't as tiring as the other sections. Don't worry about the apartment/dog owner question..

gatorhoosier

Postby gatorhoosier » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:31 pm

maks25 wrote:.

I
Last edited by gatorhoosier on Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gbn

Postby gbn » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:36 pm

ShiftyOne wrote:
Forcier wrote:
gbn wrote:which previous LSAT number contained a RC passage section that had to do with video taped interviews of ppl in courtrooms

I'll see if I can find it. I know what you are talking about... the old passage talked about visual displays in the courtroom reenacting crime scenes or whatever... this was was a little more specific. Interviews.

This one was much easier than December, LR were easy/medium, Games medium, and RC easy. I imagine a brutal curve.

That is not the one I'm referring to. And I don't know if the curve will be brutal. It seems a lot of people messed up on LG. The LR was easy for an experienced test taker, but I recognized many questions that were subtle enough to attract less experienced ones. Most takers I talked to had their RC passage in the second half, and they were probably tired while completing it. I imagine the curve will be -11, -12 or better. Although we'll never find out unless they publish this test down the road. Is there any support to the claim that since February contains a lot less test takers, and potentially less strong ones who wrote in earlier sittings, that the curve might be more forgiving?
Last edited by gbn on Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gatorhoosier

Postby gatorhoosier » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:37 pm

TrialsOfMiles wrote:::sigh::

It feels good to be done. SO good, that I decided to stop lurking and finally post on one of these boards. I took the test in NY, so it worked well that the snow wasn't an issue. I also took the test at the same institution I am going to for graduate school - if any future test takers have the option to do this IT TAKES A LOT OF MENTAL STRESS AWAY!

I thought the test played to my personal strengths; I used Nova, Powerscore LG and LR and made sure to "taper" the week leading up to it. I don't think I could have done any better on today than what I did, which is good.

Good luck to everyone, and let the nail biting begin! :oops:

It surely does feel better to be done. I didn't score my best, but it's still a good feeling. I'm looking forward to studying actual law instead of worrying about which piece of machinery some guys uses if his buddy uses a hammer on Tuesday or some such nonsense.

chardy

Postby chardy » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:37 pm

does anyone remember flower bouquets on their games section?

charlesxavier

Postby charlesxavier » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:38 pm

chardy wrote:does anyone remember flower bouquets on their games section?

Nope. What was in your other section?

gbn

Postby gbn » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:38 pm

that was experimental, and possibly one of the easiest LG sections I've done in recent memory

ShiftyOne

Postby ShiftyOne » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:38 pm

gbn wrote:
ShiftyOne wrote:
Forcier wrote:

That is not the one I'm referring to. And I don't know if the curve will be brutal. It seems a lot of people messed up on LG. The LR was easy for an experienced test taker, but I recognized many questions that were subtle enough to attract less experienced ones. Most takers I talked to had their RC passage in the second half, and they were probably tired while completing it. I imagine the curve will be -11, -12 or better. Although we'll probably never find out unless they publish it down the road. Is there any support to the claim that since February contains a lot less test takers, and potentially less strong ones who wrote in earlier sittings, that the curve might be more forgiving?

From what I have heard the curves are set over 3 are so years based on experimentals, thus they don't really shift because of the real test.

gatorhoosier

Postby gatorhoosier » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:39 pm

t
Last edited by gatorhoosier on Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gwen

Postby Gwen » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:40 pm

dynomite wrote:I had 2 RC sections, both of which I found substantially easier than recent prior exams.

ftfm

chardy

Postby chardy » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:41 pm

well i'm completely screwed then. i really messed up the first games. i'm sure the other had something about taking subjects in two terms.

KansasSplitter

Postby KansasSplitter » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:42 pm

Son. of. a. bitch.

Section 1 (RC for me) looks like the experimental one, and I would bet about $500 that I aced it. I feel like I missed 3-4 on the one that apparently counts.

C'est la vie...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”